What game has the most gorgeous soundtrack?

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
The Oblivion soundtrack (mainly the field music) sends me into realms of blissful happiness. The first Halo soundtrack gave me shivers, too, especially the Brothers in Arms and On a Pale Horse tracks. I loved One Final Effort from Halo 3's soundtrack, too.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
The Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-earth 1 & 2; Halo ODST was good too. But as far as original soundtracks go, I've to with Age of Empires II on this one.

Helmutye

Sep 5, 2009
This is a pretty old game, but my favorite soundtrack to date is from Quest for Glory 4: Shadows of Darkness. It had the coolest, creepiest, and most evocative Russian and Slavic-inspired music, and it suggested some of the most intense emotions I've ever felt from a game. I first got it when I was in elementary school, and I used to make tape recordings of it and listen to them on my walkman on the way to school. Every so often I dig that game out and play it again, and even today the music still gets me every time!

Sep 17, 2009
Grey_Focks said:
Most recently would be Red Dead Redemption. Seriously, the music that plays when you first enter Mexico, and the music that plays after a certain point late in the game, and just the overall score of the game was amazing. Best I've heard in years.
When i got into Mexico i literally just sat there and looked out into the landscape enjoying the song.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
LordCuthberton said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
LordCuthberton said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Only if we use Fixed Shot and Flamethrower and stand and face the infinite horde!
You sir are crazy. How on earth do you expect us to fight Orange or Final Stage Green?
Wing it!

Or use Flamethrower + Homing and steer the flame around the body for massive damage.
Can we has use Lightning + Homing and thus break the game?
Only with Free Shot. This is the Fixed Shot equivalent.

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
Gigaguy64 said:
Metroid Prime.

This game has some of the most amazing music iv ever heard.
Metroid Prime and Super Metroid are two of my favourites. Kenji Yamamoto is a genius.
I'm also a big fan of the MGS3 soundtrack as well as the 3D Zeldas. And the 2D Zeldas, for that matter.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008

Whenever I have a panic attack at night, I reach for my iPod and put this on. It's so soothing.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
TheGreenManalishi said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Metroid Prime.

This game has some of the most amazing music iv ever heard.
Metroid Prime and Super Metroid are two of my favourites. Kenji Yamamoto is a genius.
I'm also a big fan of the MGS3 soundtrack as well as the 3D Zeldas. And the 2D Zeldas, for that matter.
The Ballad of the Wind Fish from Link's Awakening had me tearing up, especially at the end.

And i just beat Ocarina of Time again the other day.....it was so awesome.
Zelda's Lullaby, Saria's Song, Nocturne of Shadow, Serenade of Water.
And those are just the Ocarina Songs.
The Overworld Theme was awesome, the Forest Temple freaked me out more than the Shadow Temple for Two reasons, the Creepy Areas and the Theme.
It still gives me Goosebumps.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Eqan Asif said:
The Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-earth 1 & 2; Halo ODST was good too. But as far as original soundtracks go, I've to with Age of Empires II on this one.
Lord of the rings : BFME : definitely. The amount of time i've spent on that game. Listening to that music. /sigh.

So nice.

erto101

Aug 18, 2009
Oblivions menu track was awesome and even more so with the first video of the city.
Also rather like Dragon age's menu track. And now i like world of goo too =)
EDIT !!!!! : And one of my fav pieces of music is Dearly Beloved especially Kyle Landry's version. It's no longer just game music to me =)

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
So hard to pick... All Zelda games have gorgeous soundtracks, so do all Metroid. We also have the KotOR games, Mass Effect (1&2), The Total War games, Dawn of War, Heroes of Might and Magic (all of them), Fire emblem (all I've played), Final Fantasy (the ones I've played/watched/listened to) and.. and... Portal and Mirror's Edge and... there's so many of them, and I love every single one... Do I have to choose one? xD

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
BRUTAL FUCKING LEGEND. BEST MUSIC EVER....PERIOD!!!

but in all seriousness, martin odonnel with his work on the halo franchise is just beautiful, especially on ODST and upcoming Reach

Feb 13, 2008
Bound only by the paper-thin wrapper of mortality, a soul here lies, struggling to be free. And so it shall, thanks to a bowl of bad gazpacho, and a man named... Calavera.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
I really love the Oblivion, Half Life and Silent Hill soundtracks. I just can't get enough of them.

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
The Spellforce games had some excellent music.

The main theme from Spellforce 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrWYotJkj5g

(sorry, don't know how to embed the videos).

and the song of Cenwen from Spellforce: Breath of Winter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RotxsUrmPfI&feature=related

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
Common, you guys are missing some good ones. Not exactly the best, but they give me chills before I can reach the "Load game" button.

<youtube=uXna6IAmgp0>

<youtube=gxkO9Q85EaA>

<youtube=AlwVsUHahPw>

M2TW had some good crap too.
I just know I'm forgetting some and it's annoying me. Alas.

Projo

Aug 3, 2009
Grey_Focks said:
Most recently would be Red Dead Redemption. Seriously, the music that plays when you first enter Mexico, and the music that plays after a certain point late in the game, and just the overall score of the game was amazing. Best I've heard in years.
This, specifically, both those exmaples

Also, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge had great swashbuckling ambiance. It really felt like some epic pilot movies