What game has the most gorgeous soundtrack?

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Many games have GREAT music, however I wouldn't call the Duke Nukem theme beautiful. I am less talking about the Dr. Wiley theme (which I love mind you) and more talking on the lines of the Secret of Mana theme.

Haven't heard it?

What other game's music when you listen to it you don't say "thats funny!" or "THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME!" but "wow... that is... gorgeous"?

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
I've always been a fan of the Dawn of War series soundtracks

Those i see as my favourites

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Easy: World of Goo

Don't believe me? Just listen...

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

Who'd have guessed an indie puzzle game would boast one of the most beautiful soundtrack released in years?

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Pandalisk said:
I've always been a fan of the Dawn of War series soundtracks

Those i see as my favourites
You can get the DoW 2 soundtrack for free from the website. I love it and I really appreciate that kind of thing from a dev.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Most recently would be Red Dead Redemption. Seriously, the music that plays when you first enter Mexico, and the music that plays after a certain point late in the game, and just the overall score of the game was amazing. Best I've heard in years.

Civint

Apr 23, 2010
By far and away it would have to be Arcanum: of steamworks and magick obscura.
One of the most underrated games ever, and with one of the best soudtracks ever, which have real musical value outside of the game, which is rare.

And I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Nechti_Visara

May 1, 2008
I would have to say Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean.

Sure, the plot and characters suck, but the art is beautiful and the battle mechanics are fun (if you're into tedious quick strategy) and the music is some of the most epic and beautiful stuff I've ever heard.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Starcraft 2 Terran Music. Has a great violin section that I just keep humming CONSTANTLY! I cant seem to find it anywhere on the internet though.

And yes, it wasn't just good, it was gorgeous. Cant wait till i get the soundtrack.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Metroid Prime.

This game has some of the most amazing music iv ever heard.

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
One of the most annoying levels in the game has also the best music:

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
I know im probly going to get alot of crap for this but being someone who actually listens to video game ost's id have to say call of duty modern warefare 2 has a pretty impressive score, hans zimmer really made a masterpiece and i really love the music from this game. Mass effect 2's score was also pretty good as well. Now others that i loved was final fantasys iv, vi, vii, viii, x, and Chrono trigger.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Evil Genius, particularly the Opening Theme

Although the Pause Music is also some of the best in games around, particularly this funky number
[HEADING=1]Watch and DO THE FUNKEH CHICKEN![/HEADING]