What game have you beaten the most times?

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
So I'm sure many of you have beaten quite a few of your games single player campaigns more than one, but what one have you beaten the most?

I've beaten Mass Effect 2 about six times and MGS3 about 8..

I had about 7 complettions of MGS4 too

IKSA

Jun 30, 2011
Sly 1-3, Original Ratchet and clanck, Bastion, Deus ex and Deus ex HR

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I can probably blow through Mass Effect 1 in six hours. Y'know, without doing most of the side stuff.
As a result, I've done a -lot- of ME1. From 6 hours to 30, on various playthroughs.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. When I was younger, I held an open house for a home my parents were trying to sell. I'd just sit in the empty home, wait for people to stop by, give them a tour of the house, and give them the information to call my folks. I did it on the weekends, and I would take my Xbox and COR with me. I did that for about a month and a half, and I beat COR twice every weekend while that was going on.

Needless to say, I knew that game like that back of my hand.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Like, got to the credits end?
Probably Binding of Isaac. But that's probably because a game takes at most an hour, at least 20 minutes.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Legend of Mana for the PSX. I think I can say without hyperbole that I have beaten that game over 100 times.

My favorite part is that I'm still discovering new things ^^

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
Ocarina of Time. I spent a solid 2 years playing that game over and over. I had to stop because whenever I entered a dungeon I already had a mental map in my head of the quickest and most conveinent route through the place (which included passing every chest and hidden area, as well as all the skull spiders).

Aside from the I've completed Dark Souls 7 or 8 times now...so that would be 2nd game beaten the most times by me.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (and the sequels)

I don't care about "lack of replay value" I stand by the logic that a truly good game is still amazing every time you go through it, even if it is a bunch of text screens and sprites.

And Fallout: New Vegas, I won't say "beaten" since that game is a million hours long but I have so many different characters and am still finding new ways to do things and even new quests and areas.

I usually kind of "end" one character's story once I get to a point where closure seems right. Like when my one lady character seduced Benny in order to go for the trolltastic kill (by seduced I mean I found the Black Widow text path for the first time and was so hyped about it I had to try it) but ended up falling in love with the guy and going on a revenge rampage after the Legion killed him.

With Legion fort in flames I like to think that she's biding her time acting as Mr House's number one courier until she finds the perfect opportunity to stab him in the back and fulfil Benny's wish of taking control of Vegas.

How the balls does Obsidian ace Bethesda so damn hard at their own game? I could never pull this whole character arc roleplaying thing off in Skyrim for example. The game's story, quests and dialogue system are just too linear for proper character development, ironic when you think about it.

There isn't a dialogue system, not really. It's just the Continue Quest button 90% of the time,

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Devil May Cry.

I played it to death when it came out. I played it to death over the years. I'm still playing it to death (although in HD) now.

It is, quite possibly, my favourite game .... OF ALL TIME.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Bloodlines. I literally lost count of the playthroughs I have on there. At the very least, I have all combinations of clan/gender and then some. If I had to guess, I would have somewhere among around 30-40 full playthoughs - no speedruns or cutting corners (a lot, at least). And there were the 5-6-ish aborted ones.

Second is Devil May Cry 3 - I have done each difficulty at least once - Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard, Dante Must Die, Heaven or Hell with each Dante and Vergil so I'm starting from 12, I probably have about 20 in total, though. Talking about full runs, though, there is also just me playing a level for fun.

Razoack

Jan 26, 2012
Legend of Zelda OoT. Beaten that probably over 100 times.
Any of the pokemons, each have had many play throughs (Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Ruby, White, HeartGold)

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
having a brain like mine makes those question hard to answer since i recall things about the games just not how many times i've play them

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Well, assuming you mean "start to finish" and not "beaten final boss", and counting every pokemon game as a different game, and ignoring the arcade mode in most fighting games:

Sonic 2 comes to mind, as does Lightning Force, another Genesis game. Then there's Gunstar Heroes, Starfox 64, and more recently, Bioshock.

I'm sure there's more Genesis/64 games I'm forgetting, but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
What do you mean by 'beaten'? From just beat the boss or start-to-finish?

If the former, then any Pokemon game I've played. Grinding on the Elite 4.

If the latter, then either Tales of Symphonia or LoZ: Majora's Mask.
I just never get tired of ToS. And, MM is simply the best video game ever.

Entei

Jun 15, 2012
I'm on NG17 on Dark Souls and I'm still going. Shame it stops getting harder after NG7.
I've beaten Morrowind 5 times and MGS2 thrice at best.