What game have you beaten the most times?

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Morrowind. I have played a character to completion at least once a year (oftentimes, more) since it came out. In fact, I'm in the middle of a playthrough right now :D (Dunmer battlemage-type character. (Nothing is more hilarious than flinging a 100pt damage strength spell at the npc decked out in full ebony and then chipping away at his health with a summoned daedric spear with impunity because he can't move >:)

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
I think I've racked up about 7 playthroughs of both Mass Effect 1 & 2.

After that I think it would have to be Star Wars Jedi Knight. Not sure how many times, but quite a few. I miss that game.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
Original Portal: 13 times. Its just some of the funniest well-timed comedy in a video game.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Razoack said:
Legend of Zelda OoT. Beaten that probably over 100 times.
Any of the pokemons, each have had many play throughs (Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Ruby, White, HeartGold)
Same for me, but less extreme.

I've played through Ocarina 6 times (8 or 9 times halfway through for reasons ranging from not caring to finish to Forest Temple boredom).
I've played through all of the Generation 1-3 main series games at least once (probably twice) each. Pearl got 2, HeartGold got 1, but no Gen 5.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
Super Mario RPG and Resident Evil 4 are both easily in the 20's. If we count generations of Pokemon games as one then RBY is around 12. Probably 7 or so for RE5. Fallout 3's main story is a solid 10.

EDIT - TES 4: Oblivion is around 10 as well, if we count main story only.

EDIT 2 - I've beaten a lot more games a lot more times than I can remember. Every post I read brings back a flood of memories of shit-kicking weekend marathons.

OoT, TMNT 3 & 4, Super Mario World, SMB3, all 3 Metroid Primes, Megaman 1&2, Sunset Riders, Starfox 64, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine (holy shit... I AM a Nintendo fanboy! Why didn't any of you tell me?!?!?!?!?!?) Fable, Halo 1, XIII, AC 1, Arkham Asylum, and every Splinter Cell.

I beat all of these (and more) a minimum of 3 times. Am I really more nerdcore than the Escapist or are we just forgetting everything?

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Probably Banjo Kazooie, if not that then some other N64 game. I grew up with just that and a Game Boy but I kept myself occupied.

joe-h2o

The name's Bond... Hydrogen Bond
Oct 23, 2011
Possibly Transport Tycoon or Civ4 - like someone else mentioned, it depends what you mean by "beaten".

I've played the Quake III Arena maps to death, for example.

Lord Merik

May 17, 2011
Chrono Trigger. With the new game plus thing I brought two files all the way to 99

thats like 50 play throughs?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Most likely Pokemon Blue since I played that game a lot growing up.

RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time. I've beaten it over 100 times.
I beat that game a ton of times too, I love that game.

It's too bad the re-release was a pile of shit.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
Contra :)
Even years after I can still start with 1 life and end with about 12.

Either that or Resident Evil 2.
I got this game memorized to the point of knowing every line of dialogue (I can even say the lines in the same cheesy way as in the game :)
It took me a while but I was able to kill the last boss with a knife.

FuzzyRaccoon

Sep 4, 2010
Mass Effect, I've passed the first one about eight times, and the second one about 6.

I actually have always had a problem that I only got over a few years ago, where I was scared of ever finishing a game and therefore having no additional content left, due to excessive reading.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
EHKOS said:
I've beaten Resident Evil 4 about ten times.
Ahhh this is my titles as well me and my best friends all have beaten that game around a 100 times between us we all just kept beating it for the sake of getting more money.