What Game(s) Are You Excited For in the Second Half of 2014?

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Destiny, which I am more excited for now that the Alpha has just upped my anticipation.

The Last of Us Remastered, as I didn't have a PS3 and so this is my opportunity to see what all the fuss is about.

Alien Isolation, but I am hoping they don't fuck it up. Didn't play Colonial Marines, which I am led to believe I should be thankful for.

Assassin's Creed Unity, because through all the controversy and the fact that it's now a yearly release, it's a series that, for me, has improved considerably each year (except for the storylines of Brotherhood and 3. On reflection, I reckon Brotherhood was better than it should have been due to the introduction of the awesome multiplayer).

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Given i've yet to upgrade to next gen consoles yet, the number of game i'm excited for is a bit limited for my PS3 since there aren't a lot of good games coming out this year on PS3.. but there are a few.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm: Revolution

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Dragon Age Inquisition

Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN

Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!

Tales of Xillia 2

I might also check out Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMIX

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
Far Cry 4. Looks cool. Far Cry 3 was bloody brilliant, and 4 looks like it could have quite a few interesting developments, with the same core gameplay, so that's good. Plus co-op, so I can helicopter-machine-gun buggers and blow shit up with a friend rather than just telling them about the shit I blew up in my own game. And yes I know FC3 had co-op but it wasn't the same because it was linear. And there wasn't any helicopter-machine-gunning.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Well, let's see there's...

Huh...

Well, there's Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number. Also, uh, let me think. Don't care for Far Cry except the map editor, didn't really enjoy Bayonetta, the Dragon Age franchise doesn't interest me, same goes for The Witcher, Kingdom Hearts was where Square officially lost it, don't have an Xbox One so Sunset Overdrive is out of the question, same goes for Persona Q since I don't have a 3DS, I didn't care for Persona 4 Arena so I'm not getting that ridiculously named semi-sequel...

Tales of Xillia 2, maybe? I've got the first one laying around, but haven't had the chance to play it yet. Same goes for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. (I mean, I've played Tales of Vesperia for a little while on the ol' X360, but I lost interest pretty early in the game. Now I'm doing Tales of Graces f - the graphics suck (Wii port), the characters are cliché, the gameplay has limited depth to it and the story doesn't really have the same weight like a good FF or SMT title... But you can still have fun if you're playing co-op. Laughing at dialogue and such.)

Huh, maybe I'll finally get a chance to clean up my backlog a bit.

Oct 30, 2010
Inquisition and Lego Batman 3. Smash and Bayonetta but only if they are both good enough to convince me to buy a WiiU.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
well this is awkward, i was gonna say divinity original sin, but that game releases on june 30. so it's still in the first half of this year.
other then that pillars of eternity, while the beyond earth looks interesting i fear it might be pre-expansions civ5 and i won't be spending money on that. and far cry4 seems to be more of the same, which is fine but not worth 60? so i won't get it till next year sometime.
i just don't get as exited for games anymore

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Metal Gear Solid 5 (so excited and also a bit nervous)
Dragon Age Inquisition (it has to be good as now they have seen what not to do with ME3)
The Evil Within (Resident evil 4 successor)
Shadow of Mordor (I'm a Lotr nut)
Bayonetta 2 (Bayonetta is my favourite character action game)
Hyrule warriors (Need Dynasty warriors Link)
Samurai Warriors (about time its back on the Playstation)
Pokemon Hoenn remake thing (I buy all main pokemon games)
Tales of Xillia 2 (I cant not buy a tales of game if it comes out in europe)
Destiny (something to play with my not so video game friends)
Hotline miami 2 (probably one of my favourite PC games of all time)
Street fighter Ultra 4 (really cheap good deal)

The list goes on, 2014 is shaping up to be a decent year for gaming. The worlds greatest hobby.

nameless023

Fancy Forum Title Goes Here
Nov 11, 2011
Let's see...

On the big games part I'm waiting for Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Civ: Beyond Earth. Far Cry because despite being disappointed by their most recent stuff (Watch_Dogs I'm looking at you) FC3 was good and FC4 looks pretty sweet. Civ because it's Civ in space and I don't need another reason. And DA: I because it's the closest thing I can get to Mass Effect 4.

On the indie/small game area I'm waiting for Binding of Isaac Rebirth, Hotline Miami 2 and I guess anything from the kickstarters I backed this year.

--

But the most important of them all is: Hatoful Boyfriend.
Because all you need is dove.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
Dragon Age Inquisition: As I spent hundreds of hours on Origins and enjoyed DA2 (unlike many others), this is a definite buy.

Alien: Isolation: I'll shit my pants for sure, but that's why I want to own this. It really looks like the Alien game I was asking for, maybe I'll wait for reviews, but it would be hypocritical not to buy it if it delivers on the promises.

Witcher 3: Atypically, I didn't finish the first two Witcher games. Either one had something that just made me quit. The third installment has my hopes up high again though.

Civ: Beyond Earth: I'm not too sure this won't be a simple reskin of the other Civ games in space, so I will wait for reviews. But if it's not, I'll be buying it.

Hyperlight Drifter: Very interested in this, love the style seen in trailers so far.

Pillars of Eternity: I'm already loving the early access of Divinity: Original Sin and I still replay many old isometric games. So there's almost no doubt that I will enjoy this.

+Other indie projects.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Caramel Frappe said:
.. Just the remakes of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire .. that's about it sadly.

Not hyped for much else which sucks. Because I want to be hyped. I want to have something to look forward to. But E3 didn't get my heart going especially since most of it is FPS and crap ... with just boring white males whom have scruffy beards. I'm a white guy saying this by the way.
Eh, yeah, pretty much. Thankfully there's a back catologue of games a mile long I need to play. I plan to pick up The Walking Dead and Wolf among us at some point. If I can save up the money, I may Christian a new ps4 with alien isolation, but that remains to be seen. I think it's handled by the Total War devs, so faith restored. I like to think they took one look at colonial marines and said "just... Just let us handle it."

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I'm waiting for Dragon Age...I was waiting for Batman as well but that got pushed back. Other than that there's Alien Isolation, I've got very high hopes for that game...hopes that it will redeem the franchise from The Game Which Must Not Be Named.

You know...that one. >.>

Edit: Oh, and Diablo 3 super edition for the PS4 comes out in August. Gonna get it and play it with some coworkers. :3

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
The only game that interests me so far is Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'm really looking forward to Zelda Warrior...er...Hyrule Warrior...whatever the final title is. I loves me some Zelda, I loves me some Dynasty Warriors and mixing the two seems like it would be a good idea. Not really as great a pair as Dynasty Warriors and Fist of the North Star but still a great pairing.

I'm also really looking forward to Smash Bros Four! I can't wait for a Wii U release date but I at least know when I'll be able to get my copy for the 3DS and that gives me a rough time-frame to anticipate grabbing my first Amiibo or two.

As for release this month, I've had $15 on my eShop account just waiting for Shovel Knight to come out. I honestly almost grabbed Another World but I think I'll hold off until my next paycheck...or the one or two after...maybe longer...when is Theatrhythm 2 out again? That's another I'll be grabbing within the first week or so...I'm hoping Mystic Quest is represented in Curtain Call.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Hyrule warriors, and Samurai Warriors 4.
The sequel to Senran Kagura Burst.

By no means is this a complete list, it's just all I can remember off the top of my head.

NoeL

May 14, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
Not hyped for much else which sucks. Because I want to be hyped. I want to have something to look forward to. But E3 didn't get my heart going especially since most of it is FPS and crap ...
You must have a pretty broad definition of "crap". There wasn't a single FPS in Nintendo's whole show.

OT: Not sure when they're slated for release, but most of Nintendo's lineup has me psyched. Also No Man's Sky, and that one with the dude in stupid headphones fighting dinosaurs.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
DAI because I love the game series and even am putting up with a long ass grind through the first two to make the play through the third one that much more optimal. I swear though, I'm about half way through Awakening and it's like eating a giant cake. Sure it's still good but I'm starting to grow weary and sick of a few ingredients and I think some fucker slipped coconut in here.

Destiny, cause Bungie and one hype train isn't enough.

Persona Q, yeah.

KH2.5 cause I needed another reason to finally beat BBS and replay 2.

Yeah, that pretty much covers it. I'll impulse buy some other games between those buys, but that's really all I'm actually pumped for. Maybe the Witcher 3, but I never made it far in the first one, so before I can truly get pumped about that, I'll need to give the first two a play through.

SexyGarfield

Mar 12, 2013
Used to be excited for a late 2014 release of SUPERHOT but when they made their kickstarter they pushed the release date to mid 2015. Hotline Miami 2 looks awesome but I hope they don't make a third, not sure if it can stay fresh. Other than that I have a few kickstarter releases that I am looking forward to Hyper Light Drifter, Galactic Princess (Dec 2015 but close enough), Wasteland, and Interstellaria.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I thought my big game of the year was going to be Arkham Knight. Turns out it's going to be the rerelease of 4 games I already played and loved (Master Chief Collection).

Other than that, I'm excited to see how Sunset Overdrive turns out. I was excited for Destiny, but the Alpha left me wanting. I'll still play the beta next month, but it's got a good amount of "meh" to make up for or I may cancel the pre-order.

And for the strangest of occurrences, I'm actually somewhat interested in the new Smash Bros. I've never cared much for the series in the past, but when you add the Blue Bomber to anything, you get my interest. Not sure if I'll get into it like the die hard fans of the series, but I'll at least give it a chance.