What game was it that started you out gaming?

Jul 9, 2008
Both Goldeneye and Mario 64. I and my older brother had a SNES before we got our N64, but I don't remember it. However, I remember the night we got the N64 vividly.

imperialwar

Jun 17, 2008
Back in grade school, year 7, we were given a Honeywell Computer by the government or some such.
On it we had this "dinosaur" game. I dont recall the name of it. Where you had to collect an egg, coloured crystals, find the high tide mark "times" and had go through a swamp and through a desert. When you got it all in the end you would travek to this Island and put the egg and gems in the machine and set the temperature. At the end the combination of egg crystal and temperature would decide what hatched. I remember Terrodactyls and a stegasaurus as well as a parrot and a hard boiled egg ( got that one wrong i guess ).

So that one game got me started.

Pavement

Mar 31, 2009
Doom and Duke Nukem 3D. The Incredible Machine to a certain extent.

Those are the first games that I played longer than an hour at a time.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Heroes of Might and Magic 3, when i was 3 years old (coincidence huh?). my dad showed me how to play it. it was pretty new back there in 98´. its still a good game, and for its time, pretty good graphics and music.

TechNoFear

Mar 22, 2009
The first PC game I bought was 'Haunted House'. It was a text adventure on a cassette tape. Inspired me to try to write software.

First big PC game was Mechwarrior on a 286 8Hz with 640K RAM (it had 16 colours!)

I bought a new super PC just to play DOOM (486DX 100Mz 4Mb RAM with sound card!), then some friends bought network cards (token ring IPX/SPX). I started to like the tech aspect as well.

Now I get paid to play with (micro) PCs, huge machinery and big server systems. I have IPC devices on the worlds longest trains.

I often wonder what would have happened if I had listened to my Mom when she told me to go outside and play...

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
The first age of empires. It was very hard for me at the time, but it got me interested in gaming in general.

kat-24

Mar 17, 2009
First games were Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon.. From there it was the original Smash Bros. and The Legend of Zelda: OOC

L33tsauce_Marty

Jun 26, 2008
Age of Empires. I think...maybe the first game was tetris on the gameboy but I can't remember without straining my head.