What game was it that started you out gaming?

llewgriff

Feb 12, 2009
so the question is clear what game was it that really made you a avid gamer? For me it was Turok: Dinosaur Hunter which is made out of pure unleaded awsome. So what about you?
I do apologise if this thread was done before, I did check

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
first game: tetris, first atari game: Pac-man, first genesis game: Sonic the Hedgehog 2, First N64 game: DK64 rirst ps2 game: gta 4, first X360 game: blazing angels: SOWW2.

Whippo

Mar 27, 2009
For me it was a small RPG called Astonia... played it for 5 years (had never really gamed before except for a little playstation/gameboy). It was brilliant at the time, the clan war system was great, fighting all other clans in the game several times a day to win clan jewels to keep your clan alive... met some good friends there too!

Oranga

Mar 27, 2009
I started out playing Mario when I was real little-for consules. But for MMORPGs it started out with T4C- The Fourth Comming on Realmud servers. If I had a nintendo consule still my time spent between MMORPGS and Nintendo would probally be a good 50/50. I'd be so torn! lol!!

ersatzcure

May 10, 2008
Sonic 2 on the Sega genesis.

So I can say truthfully that I've been playing games since I was three. xD But I'm only 18 now, so that's a lot less time than a lot of people.

lornb

Jan 16, 2009
Console gaming : Asteroids on Atari 2600
PC Gaming: Descent

But back then I was more interested in books and track, then I got a 64 for Christmas...

Aravier

Sep 7, 2008
Super Mario World on the SNES...Beautiful. An exemplary example of platforming to this day.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
First game? No clue.

First JRPG that got me hooked on the idea of ordering someone to do something and watching them do it, without actually having to do it yourself?

Grandia demo on a demo disc for the PS1. Bought that game and it still remains as good as ever.

NostalgiaImitator

Dec 3, 2008
Well if you mean gotten into video games then Goldeneye. I only became a gamer as result of multiplayer and the challenge it represents so STARCRAFT

CompanionCube

Aug 5, 2008
Either Super Mario Bros. Deluxe or Pokemon Gold for the Gameboy Color. That's what really started it all.

swashuta

Mar 31, 2009
Wow, After reading the other responses, I feel like an antique.
The game that got me hooked on gaming was "Mystery House".
It was the first game released by this brand new publisher called Sierra, and we played it on a Apple IIe.

That wasn't the first computer game I ever played though, that honor goes to this space game (Can't remember the name) that we played at my father's computer at the local university.
It had to be loaded from punch cards.

shotfun9

Jun 19, 2008
Duck Hunt, when I was three years old. My dad brought me into his little corner of the basement where he kept his NES and he taught me how to play with the little light-gun. I think he was trying to get me into hunting but instead started me on a life-long love/addiction to video games.