what game world you like to live in?

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Ultra Man30 said:
In truth, it would probably be Animal Crossing. It's just so peaceful. Plus I still get NES games to play.
Can I come too? Especially if it's the 3DS one, it's looking incredible.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Wow, SO MUCH MASS EFFECT.

Or Fable.

Or Fallout.

Or Half-Life.

...Is it me, or does the real world kind of suck?

MrPeanut

Jun 18, 2011
Skeleon said:
MrPeanut said:
by green, semi-intelligent hogs
Please, they prefer to be called "green, semi-intelligent hog/fungi/plant-symbionts", except they don't know what symbiont means, anyway, so it's kind of moot.
Orks are green-skinned, a side effect of their blending on a genetic level with fungi and photosynthetic organisms (essentially being enormously complex lichens).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ork_%28Warhammer_40,000%29
Yeah, sorry, i've always reffered to them as hogs because of their looks :p

Cerebral Force

Jun 8, 2011
StylinBones said:
Spira from FFX. Blitzball arenas are so cool looking.
I am so happy that this was the second post, I love the concept of blitzball and the arenas, the only downside I find to spira would be Sin, even the fiends basically mimic animals in reality, aside from the magic that some use.

Besides, I know where the celestial weapons are, I'm set.

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
Minecraft. Just me, my friends, and my beau. Build a nice house, farm enough to live, and just hang out for the rest of our lives.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
It really depends on whether you are a peasant or a protagonist. I would live in any number of game universes (Armored Core for Answer would be at the top, Monster Hunter, Dragon's Dogma and Pokemon would all be ok as long as the NPCs acted like real f***ing people, for once, and Deus Ex Human Revolution would be great for the augments but sadly too dystopic to want to live in) as long as I was the powerful main character, but if I was just some regular guy, most of the above would be hopeless. Armored Core for Answer is run by massive corporations and pollution covers most of the planet forcing humanity to live in the air in gigantic flying machines while terrorists try very hard to destroy your food supplies and the main character may or may not decide to shoot down 10 or so of your air colonies. Monster Hunter is basically hunting/gathering with dinosaurs while bigger and bigger monsters come dangerously close to steamrolling your village and talking cats steal everything that isn't nailed down (although I wouldn't be averse to being the blacksmith, in fact, that's what I would definitely be). Dragon's Dogma, well...if you've ever played it through you know how little hope you have of not dying if you're not the protagonist (then again, you respawn every seven days, but still). Pokemon would be one of the few that's alright, because any idiot can become the champion and you don't need to eat and get free health care every time you visit a city. DE:HR, Jesus Christ, if you don't have augs up to your ears you're probably gonna die in crossfire or gang warfare and if you do...spoilers. ^^

Paddy the Second

Apr 9, 2011
Professor Layton's fantasy version of the English countryside, all evils can be resolved with puzzles and the worlds greatest hero is a gentleman archeologist who just happens to be really good at puzzles. Also plenty of interesting people to look at.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Nirn (but not the size games scale them, but rather how large the planet actually is)
Province? I don't know, since after Oblivion crisis things went to hell pretty fast
Maybe in High Rock, maybe even in Daggerfall (since ghost of Lysandus isn't problem anymore)
Seriously, sleeping with someone screaming "Vengeance" every few minutes would be nearly impossible

captcha:book reading
Yes and yes :D

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
Zhukov said:
I'm trying to think of a game world with lots of fine food, a surplus of attractive and charming women with low standards, a good healthcare program and a distinct lack of violence but it's just not coming.
I don't know but maybe one of the Dead or Alive volleyball games.
Girls are created as jerk off materials with zero gravity tits, they put on skimpier suits for you if you do a few simple things, they're at some high class resort so it has to have some good food, Dead or Alive is a fighting game so I suppose the healthcare system must be good since they can kick the shit out of you and you get up with the push of a button, however you're hanging out with the girls while they're not fighting.

Alternatively, some dating sim :)

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
None. Or the most realistic one. But really, I can't think of any that wouldn't be a complete nightmare. People that only say one or two lines? About 20 different textures? Invisible barriers that don't let you pass? Books on the shelves that aren't books? Yeah, that sounds terrific.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
Assassins creed 2. The templars an assassins stay away from civilians, and as long as I'm not a guard I won't be hidden-bladed. Plus the world looks pretty cool.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
World of Warcraft, so easy to make a living there.

"Oh shit, I need new pants. Oh well, I'll kill some wolves that are attacking farmers."

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
I'd say someplace like Skyrim or other fantasy settings but You can't seem to walk from one town to the next with out having to kill off three groups of bandits and a dragon, which unless I'm the protagonist means I'm living a short life, plus I'd imagine it'd be hard to bath regularly in a medieval setting.

I like the idea of Ratchet and Clank lots of fun toys and if you pick the right planet it's easy to avoid conflict.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Zhukov said:
I'm trying to think of a game world with lots of fine food, a surplus of attractive and charming women with low standards, a good healthcare program and a distinct lack of violence but it's just not coming.
The Sims 3?

Just make sure ageing is switched off :p