what game world you like to live in?

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
Mass Effect.
The Asari date Krogan so obviously they don't care about how ugly their partners are, thus I could finally get a girlfriend! Mind sex is a bonus.

Also, space travel and all that jazz.

Brotha Desmond

Jan 3, 2011
I'd say Mass Effect. A race of all female bi-sexual's that are culturally obliged to bang anything that moves.

Brotha Desmond

Jan 3, 2011
Zhukov said:
I'm trying to think of a game world with lots of fine food, a surplus of attractive and charming women with low standards, a good healthcare program and a distinct lack of violence but it's just not coming.
Sounds like Sweden.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Blood Brain Barrier said:
None. Or the most realistic one. But really, I can't think of any that wouldn't be a complete nightmare. People that only say one or two lines? About 20 different textures? Invisible barriers that don't let you pass? Books on the shelves that aren't books? Yeah, that sounds terrific.
I think people are talking about living in the the universe created for the game, not being trapped within a game itself.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Therumancer said:
I'm not sure if you've thought this through. While everyone knows about Pokemon only a relatively few people are trainers. Your typical Pokemon protaganist lucks into getting his first Pokemon and gear, but most people don't have that stuff. Indeed in one of the only Pokemon games I've played (Platinum I believe) your warned by your mother not to go walking around out in the tall grass, doing so at the beginning of the game almost gets you murdered by Pokemon.

In short the lifestyle of your typical inhabitant of this universe is to be some borderline peasant who lives in a one or two room shack surrounded by grass, woods, and other things full of hostile creatures with terrifying supernatural powers, ready to rip you to shreds at a moment's notice. The world is run by an elite class of trainers that have the power to control these things, they also control all of the media, books, etc... which are all about how great they and these Pokemon are. For entertainment you get to watch reality TV about... Pokemon.

As I understand the thread that's the trick of it, your talking about living in the world, not being the hero of the game (so to speak). Pokemon being what it is doesn't really go into much detail about it's world since it's focused entirely on the monsters, but if you really think about it with everything pretty much built for, and revolving around trainers, just being one of the random backround schlubs (an average inhabitant) must be a combination of boredom, and absolute terror... and to be fair when Pokemon include things like killer robots with buzz saws for hands, I don't get much of an impression of benevolence, especially given the beginning of that game I mentioned where it was pretty much spelled out that they are dangerous.
I agree. I think the Pokemon universe is just below the Fallout universe in places I'd LEAST like to live. In addition to what you stated in your post you have to also remember that the people of the Pokemon universe are assholes. You're a 10 year old kid walking along a street, and if they see you they run up to you and fight you.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Viva Pinata, I feel my murderous tendancys might subside... as long as Roareo plays the FREAKING game and doesn't simple enter my garden and EAT ALL my guys and still WALK OFF GAAAAAAAAAAH, GGGGGGYYYYAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
Silent Hill universe ?
that would be crazy awesome ?
nah.. just kidding. i wouldnt be able to survive a single night in that cursed town ..
probably in the final fantasy universe ..
or even mass effect universe would be great.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
The Mass Effect universe because...damn is that for the most part one hell of an optimistic vision of the future...Minus Reapers.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
MrPeanut said:
Warhammer 40k

So much fun to be had.

You can get sacrificed to Chaos, eaten by space-locusts,whacked to pieces by green, semi-intelligent hogs, executed for heresy, captured by space elf pirates whose lifeblood is torture, or captured by undead space-pharaohs who will most likely use your soul to feed their invincible star gods.

Im sure i've forgotten a billion more fun things and that makes it all the more greater.

Now, to even try to decide which of those is the worst >_>
It doesn't really sell itself to me really. The whole "In the grim dark future of the 41st millennium, there is only war" doesn't make it sound like a nice place to live. If I was looking at a house and it described itself as grim and dark I probably wouldn't live there.

That said, I'd make a fantastic Inquisitor. I'd keep getting into trouble for writing "The Ordo Hereticus sends it's regards" or "Lots of love, *Whatever system I'm based in* conclave" on all the cyclonic torpedoes, with a nice picture of me sticking twos up to accompany it.

Or Fable, it's always so cheery and happy until the shit hits the fan.

Captcha: Happy blessings. That sounds like a better advert for a place to live than grim dark future.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Blood Brain Barrier said:
None. Or the most realistic one. But really, I can't think of any that wouldn't be a complete nightmare. People that only say one or two lines? About 20 different textures? Invisible barriers that don't let you pass? Books on the shelves that aren't books? Yeah, that sounds terrific.
Britannia was okay, books were books, no invisible barriers (some insurmountable mountains and such though), and Granstream Saga was overloaded with dialogue, most of it somehow less inane than listening to most real world people speak as it turns out. Heck, in Ultima you had biological needs for sleep and food, could hunt wild game, get drunk, even their sexual encounters were more than just a fade to black (imagine if sex was just people blacking out as games like Fallout 3 would have to believe).

That said the lack of depth makes me cringe at the idea of living anywhere, though our world is garbage so a game world would still be a step up from this nightmare. I think I'd go with Planescape Torment's multiverse (or is it metaverse?). Let's assume the parameters are such that when entered into said worlds they become as real as ours but only with their own rules according to the game world (such as magic according to how magic works there). Planescape's exotic and unpredictable dimensions just appeal to me.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
White_Lama said:
World of Warcraft, so easy to make a living there.

"Oh shit, I need new pants. Oh well, I'll kill some wolves that are attacking farmers."
You're not the hero bro. You're just one of them farmers. If you can kill wolves with your bare hands, trust me, fame and fortune is awaiting you in THIS world.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Thyunda said:
White_Lama said:

"Oh shit, I need new pants. Oh well, I'll kill some wolves that are attacking farmers."
You're not the hero bro. You're just one of them farmers. If you can kill wolves with your bare hands, trust me, fame and fortune is awaiting you in THIS world.
I could handle that, grow some crops, sell them, buy more stuff.

Certainly is easier to make gold in WoW than it is to get a job in this world.
At least in Sweden.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
White_Lama said:
Thyunda said:
White_Lama said:

I could handle that, grow some crops, sell them, buy more stuff.

Certainly is easier to make gold in WoW than it is to get a job in this world.
At least in Sweden.
Well yeah that's agreed. It'd be easier to get healthcare in Dunwall than a job in England.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
The Fallout Universe. You get to look nifty in 50's clothes, have a robot butler and listen to great songs all day as you tinker with your lazer weapons.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
The Animal Crossing 'verse would be relaxing I think. No cares, aside from Nook and his constant bell chiselling, just fish and catch bugs and stuff.

Initially I thought of the Pokémon universe but after some thought I'd think I'd pass. Its pretty dangerous when you think about it!

Snatcher

Oct 28, 2012
I want to live in the world of METAL GEAR.
Sure, it may look like our own normal world, but it is populated by bipedal tanks, cyborg ninjas and cloned super soldiers.
And who does not want to talk with cats or fight against monsters like in MGS: PEACE WALKER?

LazarusLongNL

Oct 24, 2012
I am torn between two pretty grand worlds. Provided that i have the same abilities or atleast the same potential as my in game characters, i would love to take a vacation in to;

"Fallout Universe" That's Right, being the badass of the wasteland, killing slavers and building a slave army! I would rule the west trough my benevolant and charming but ultimatly cold calculating ruthlessness! Be afraid Vault 101! Daddy is comming home!

But i have the idea that taking a look and staying my other choice might be better;

Assassins Creed, Desmond style. Strapping into a device to re-live and potential influence the genetic memory of my ancestors ? MY great grandfather fought the Germans in the dutch resistance! sweet, what else is hidden in that DNA strand of mine? Combinded with the 6th sence, knowing. And a potential disaster only i can avert!? well sign me up! Beside wouldn't it be cool? You could actually free-run and be fat and strapped into an animus! wonderful!!

Tl;dr, Fallout and AC(realtime).

Toy Yota

Jul 7, 2012
Team fortress 2

I can kill anybody I want without consequences. Dying is only an inconvienience. Ability to cloak, disguise as anybody by wearing a mask, build sentries in around 8 seconds, heal faster than modern medicine. High salaries, gain weapons at random times, and I can get awesome hats.

Seems like a fun universe to live in.