what game world you like to live in?

Ascarus

Feb 5, 2010
Sir Boss said:
Pandora, yeah, Borderlands Pandora, It's like the Wild West, but with better healthcare, and New U stations. I'll just pretend to forget about raks, bullymongs, skags, spiderants, varkids, crystalisks, all that stuff.
for the short term, like a vacation, i would agree with this. basically unlimited guns and ammo and an unlimited number of things to shoot them at. the ME universe would be fun as well.

i would also say that living in either middle earth of wherever the WoT series takes place could be interesting. those worlds are just so well developed.

although given that you wouldn't necessarily be special in any of these locations, you could just end up being that hapless farmer who gets gutted by the first trolloc, orc or skag that happens to wander by.

edit (added): FFS, how could i forget this one?! STAR WARS.

ila

Jul 29, 2008
uchytjes said:
the world of steambot chronicles. Basically, its what if the industrial revolution didn't stop at cars and went to giant robots. By this day and age, I'd just LOVE to imagine what advances we would have...
I would totally go with this one as well. Plus that world is relatively safe and has little chance of random death.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
NinjaSniperAssassin said:
Skyrim would be great, only problem is that everyone is so gd ugly so I'd have to go with the Mass Effect universe. Except before 3, because at that point everyone but Sheperd was
completely arrogant of the impending Reaper invasion. Ignorance is bliss and all that.
Plus, interstellar travel!

...Actually, can I say the Lord of the Rings universe? I mean, it obviously originated from the books but there are plenty of Lord of the Rings games! Yeah it's kinda cheating, but I've always wanted to visit Middle Earth so screw it. That's my answer.
YES. i dont know if he is in the movies, but i would love to meet tom bombadil. he's probably so goddamn cheery it would liven my spirits.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I don't know, one where I don't have to worry about all the shit I do in real life like rent, insurance, food, etc. and esp. my love/sex life. Possibly Pokemon.

Captcha: "out of sorts"
How appropriate.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
bigfatcarp93 said:
Wow, SO MUCH MASS EFFECT.

Or Fable.

Or Fallout.

Or Half-Life.

...Is it me, or does the real world kind of suck?
If you had to live with the kind of fear people would have in those worlds (except Mass Effect 1 and 2 I suppose) you would prefer to live in this world I think. People who live in peace want war, people who live in war want peace.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
I want to say Pokemon. But only if it isn't like the gameplay, make it more like how the anime works, but not all the way >.>
Fire Emblem as well would be another awesome universe to live in.

....... Star Wars, yes this. I will be a mighty Bounty Hunter. The badassery will be of massive proportions. Boba Fett eat your heart out. I might even be able to be cooler than Cad Bane.
Also I get to reroll my character (Self). Humans are so boring.

Sennune

Apr 15, 2009
I think the world of Nirn from the Elder Scrolls would be interesting, but I think I'd have to take issue with hygiene issues, focus on manual labor, and the inequality of the setting. If I was born or became Breton or High Elf with a natural aptitude to magic things would be much pleasant. Otherwise, it seems like a pre-industrial age grind filled with things that wouldn't think twice about killing me.

On the other hand, the Deus Ex future looks pretty nifty. Being put in the position where I have to determine what makes me human and how far removed I can be and still have that image of myself is an interesting prospect. Let's not forget, if I were to live in the Deus Ex future, 3D Elder Scrolls IX Valenwood.

alphamalet

Nov 29, 2011
Do you want to know something I've always found hilarious about Final Fantasy games? From the ones I've played (6,7,9,10,12,13,13-2,tactics) only Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy VI give some sort of justification as to why ONLY the party and villian are able to become so powerful by the end of the game.

In Final Fantasy VI
It was because the Espers chose Terra and her friends to bestow their power on to save the world

In Final Fantasy XIII
People who become branded L'cie are fused with magic so they are able to complete the focus the Fal'cie gives them

Every other Final Fantasy game gives no justification as to why everyone else in the world isn't as powerful as your party, and why they aren't able to become as powerful. Seriously, think about it. I guess if more people got off thier ass in Final Fantasy VII, that chocobo farmer might have been able to summon Knights of the Round. There is no prerequisite to using materia, so why does everyone turn to Cloud and company in the game.

So with that being said, I guess I would have to go with one of the Final Fantasy worlds that aren't VI's or XIII's. Apparently anything is possible in those worlds, and you can command nature if get off your ass.

Omega500

Dec 2, 2009
StylinBones said:
Spira from FFX. Blitzball arenas are so cool looking.
My choice too more precisely at Kilika. pretend that Sin did not destroy it mind.
I love the idea of living out in the sea in wooden cabins with crystal clear warm water

Kerodohi

Jun 28, 2012
I'd go to live in Ivalice (from Final Fantasy XII) in a heartbeat.
Sure, there's incredibly dangerous monsters and stuff. But the architecture in the cities is beautiful, the climate is warm, there's greenery everywhere, and once you get rid of those invading Archadians, life is pretty good!

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Mimsofthedawg said:
unstabLized said:
Elder Scrolls for sure, or more precisely, Skyrim. You have magic and dragons. Enough said.

Captcha: in the cart

Captcha agrees.
And if we assume you're just a normal bloke with nothing special to his name? Still Skyrim?

OT: I would also pick TES. The Elder Scrolls is FULL of magic with many people eventually learning a simple spell or two, and it's actually a very progressive society with a lot of social mobility. And even if you stay just a simple villager, there NORMALLY is quite a bit of security (what when dragons and demons aren't bursting forth from netherworldly portals to wreak doom and destruction upon the world). And of course there would be ample oppertunity to join some faction or another (Companions, fighters guild, etc.)

I'd probably live in Cyrodiil or Hammerfell. They're both very stable governments and have a lot of social mobility.

unless I was an elf. Then I'd want to live on Summerset Isle.
Exactly why it's a good choice, I mean think of the timeline between the games, there's generations of relative peace in most of that world in between cataclysms, and by relative peace, I mean, still full of danger and adventure and excitement.

I'm naturally predisposed to fighting, I tend to shrug off most pain(so long as it doesn't sever anything, or break a bone) and I enjoy the rush of combat(whenever I've been in a fight, even when it's serious, I just love that adrenaline headrush, and the pain just fades away), so I'd probably join the fighters guild or some other group like that, doesn't matter if I'm a protagonist type or not, there are plenty of rather badass NPCs in that universe, I'd be one of them.
That or I'd be one hell of a blacksmith, because working with my hands and creating things is something I love to do, and I've always had a bit of an obsession with weaponry of various kinds.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Spec Ops The Line

Just an ordinary vacation to the peaceful Dubai.

Luckily I even sorted out my tourism arrangements with my guide, Captain Martin Walker.

Apparently he knows of a few good sights to see :)

Sadly I lost contact with him, it's been awhile, perhaps I should check up on him...

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Mimsofthedawg said:
unstabLized said:
Elder Scrolls for sure, or more precisely, Skyrim. You have magic and dragons. Enough said.

Captcha: in the cart

Captcha agrees.
And if we assume you're just a normal bloke with nothing special to his name? Still Skyrim?

OT: I would also pick TES. The Elder Scrolls is FULL of magic with many people eventually learning a simple spell or two, and it's actually a very progressive society with a lot of social mobility. And even if you stay just a simple villager, there NORMALLY is quite a bit of security (what when dragons and demons aren't bursting forth from netherworldly portals to wreak doom and destruction upon the world). And of course there would be ample oppertunity to join some faction or another (Companions, fighters guild, etc.)

I'd probably live in Cyrodiil or Hammerfell. They're both very stable governments and have a lot of social mobility.

unless I was an elf. Then I'd want to live on Summerset Isle.
Yep. Still Skyrim. Even being a normal person there seems cool. If i wanted to live in some place big, I'd live in Whiterun or Markham, and if somewhere small, maybe a village like Riverwood. Always liked that village. It's like my second home in Skyrim, right after Whiterun.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Brutal Legend: Everything looks like it's from a Metal album cover, trees that have beer for sap, musical instruments having awesome power, and no music but Metal.

Yeah, the demons would be pesky, but wounds can be healed by bass guitars so no problems.

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
I think I'd like to live in the world of Lunar (as in, Silver Star Story and Eternal Blue). Nice locales, plenty of adventure, and fluffy dragons? Sign me up!

Chaosblade

Oct 28, 2012
Pokemon seems like the perfect world to live in. Except for those 10 year olds randomly walking into my house. Assholes.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
Maybe Cooking Mama, it's about the least dangerous game world I can think of...
Actually I would love to be on Panau from Just Cause 2.. but only if I'm Rico Rodriguez. Always wanted to be a physics-defying wizard.