What games did you play in school?

WhiteNachos

Jul 25, 2014
I mean literally what games did you play while you were in school, if any? This could be during class, during lunch break, recess, whatever. The only thing that doesn't count is games you played in your dorm room or in a college/after-school club.

For me I played some games on my calculator in middle school. There was a shmup called Phoenix, falldown, a puzzle game called block dude and some others. I don't have them anymore because I had to clear my calculator for a high school math test.

In high school a bunch of people played Starcraft during lunch in the computer lab, then that became Counter Strike. There was also a gaming club during lunch that played melee almost every time (although I do remember Soul Calibur 2 being played once), then nothing but brawl when it came out.

I also might've played pokemon red/blue during elementary school. Can't remember if I ever brought the games to school though.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I had a gameboy advance in Junior High School and played either FF6 Advanced, or Vs matches of Advance Wars with my classmates during studyhall.
Fucking Drake! Kept using that tidal-wave ability! Hate that guy!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Pok?mon, pokemon, pokemon! And whatever else I was playing on Gameboy at the time.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
playing games were....really frowned upon in school. Even typing boobs into your calculator was off limits. In 4th grade I would play Zelda: Links awakening on the original gameboy couple times a week because me and a few other students were the only ones who didnt play an instrument.

Lets see....Middle school was the original Sim City (after school hours) and during computer Science lab.

High school was original Pokemon and various Dreamcast games.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
My friend owned a gameboy advance so we used to play Rayman Advance on it. Other than that, I never played games at school, never been a real fan of handheld consoles.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I played "Tetris" constantly throughout school on whatever PC there was to hand. I even made sure to do it on my penultimate day of college as tribute to time well spent.

In primary school I would also play really rubbish flash games or whatever you could find on free games websites. Pacxon was a gem.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
My high school made the mistake of giving all students unrestricted access to shared network folders. Within a few hours of it going live we had half of my programming class playing Quake 3 team deathmatch against half of a graphic design class downstairs.

Surprisingly, the administration never did anything about it. So games like Quake 3, Halo: CE, Call of Duty, and StarCraft all floated around in those folders for years.

2HF

May 24, 2011
Oregon Trail, Super Mario Typing, that one game on TI-85 where you sold drugs, Pok?mon.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Well, other than rounds of Math Blaster in elementary, I used to play Counter Strike during free time LAN parties in my high school web design class.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
In highschool there was this bunch of minigames install in the computers which we mainly played the minigolf game until some dickhead removed it.

Also during my brother time at High School, he was playing Quake with his mates in the computer lab! Also yes they uninstall it when I came to the school.

Also flash game (heh does anyone remember those) were popular aswell to play when we got access to the internet at break. The only games I remember was trailbreaker (a 3d poly game when you're the tailgunner of an airplace) and this other shipgame where you have to stay in the middle while fending off enemy.

EDIT- I just remember during my time as Sixth former (late year in High School), I bought my GBA during my free time which I sometime have alot. I mainly played Golden Sun, Advance War and abit of F Zero Maxium. It got annoying thought when other sixth former wanted to have a go too... Plus side one of them did bought Golden Sun too and another somehow end up deleting my F Zero file (I had all but one ships which were hard to get!!). Granted I did realize it was a game crash that cause the deletion (he just enter "aaaaaa") on the profile name so I guess it was unintentional.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Through the blurry haze of a thousand lives lived, I vaguely remember we had two PCs and only one had games, which were the original Doom and...Lemmings. It was primary school. Also eventually had an old brick (non-colour) game boy with the original Mario game that never bloody saved when you lost lives or turned off. Only once did I complete that game, just for it to start a harder game + mode in which it killed me straight away, erasing all my progress. Never played that bastard again. Fool me once, Nintendo.
Annd there was a Jurassic Park top-down shooter in which the only thing I remember is it looked like it kept firing dino eggs out the guns. Surely that sort of behaviour will only aggravate the situation?

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
I was a good kid and put school first, but I did use a PSP as an ebook reader for a little while (just before graduation) just to screw with the teahers.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Pokemon gen 1-3
Golden Sun Lost Age
Yugioh duelists soul

I also had a mugen (mugen is basically make your own fighter) disc with dbz chars which I would install in the library conputers and play with other people during gym class in high school. Fun times.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Elementary school was pretty cool. They had all these MSX computers that I used to play Zanac EX on every chance I got. That was around '87/'88 or so(so before most of you were probably even born :p)

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Hmm early on not a lot. I remember my friend playing a game and watch when they first came out and later I had a few worse versions of them as well as some of the tiger handhelds that were actually better than most others belive it or not.

Dont remember exactly what games I played on a home computer but I know one was Granny Garden. Much much later on when I was in 6th form we would play CTR on lunchbreaks and when we had no lessons which was awesome.

We also all played planetarion near the end as well but comps were not a huge thing for most of my time at school.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
Not much. I had the occasional Tiger Handheld, if those even count as video games, because I was too poor for a Gameboy. There was a small computer lab in elementary school that had a few educational games. I hated Oregon Trail and never played that, but remember liking something called Number Mrunchers.

That's all I can think of. I did play Mavis Beacon Typing Tutor, but that was something my mom made me do after school at home.

Liljumpman

May 11, 2016
Pokemon, Counterstrike, Quake, Halo1-PC.

We were one of if not the first schools in Australia to have laptop computers in the classroom back then, so it rapidly went from Pokemon Red/Pokemon Yellow and G&S straight to Counterstrike Quake and Halo.

Oh and how could I forgot those little digimon things where you raise a digimon like a tamagotchi and push them together to make them battle other people. Those were great.