What games do others find hard that you thought were easy?

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
When reading through the "Do you play games on easy" Thread I noticed that a number of people had difficulty in DA:O and Bayonetta.

I was reminded that Yahtzee also said Bayonetta was hard. I thought it was so easy that I caught two buses and a train to take it back.

I played past the second boss and found that it was rediculously easy on the hardest difficulty.

I also didn't think DA:O was that hard. The
sloth deamon
killed me about 5 or 6 times.

The
the Cult leader who asks you to defile Andraste's Ashes
got me, I think 4 times.

I couldn't kill
the dragon

And, I really don't think this is a spoiler, the Archdemon took about 7 or 8 tries.

So what I'm asking is; are there some games/a game that people seem to think are/is hard that you either found easy or just slightly challenging rather than hard.

Preferably story/single player experiences rather than "I pwn at MW2 online. I can soft aim like a pro on the XboxLIVE!!"

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
Most shooters with rejen health i can get through on hard or extream first time, i was the only one out of my freinds who got through Bioshock 2 on hard without vital chambers(but i did have F11 and F12)

Arcanz

Jun 25, 2009
I can't really see why people finds God of War hard. Easy is a cakewalk, hard is just a challenge. Nothing too hard there, played 1&2 all the way through on hard. I think people who find things hard doesn't manage to make the most of out of their character, like blocking. In God of War blocking is really important, but yet I see most of my friend play trough easy or medium just button-mashing. When I ask if they don't want to try hard they say it's impossible.

Yagharek

Jun 9, 2010
MW1s single player/Mile high Club.

It's challenging, but not nearly as hard as I've seen people say. Almost every part has a way you can beat it pretty reliably, you just need to think about what you're doing.

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
Would be the first COD. Before that I played a lot of medal of honor and the AI wasn't very good with grenades. Got them thrown back at me in COD, my first thought was: hey! this isn't suppose to happen!

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Well, let's see. Who here thought the Legendary difficulty level on Halo 3 was tough to get through?

Not me. Oddly enough, I found the Normal difficulty level much more difficult, while on my current Legendary playthrough there have only been four instances I can count that have been actually tough.

1. Dealing with about ten Brutes in the Vehicle Depot in the base near Voi (made easier with the use of a deployable cover, but my ammo was running low).

2. Pinned down with low ammo by a Wraith and about fifteen Brutes in the valleys near Voi (sorted when I flanked past them and managed to get support from a Warthog and two Marines in the next valley over).

3. Facing the first Scarab in the game when I had run out of rockets (still fairly easy).

4. Wiping out a pair of Hunters and three Brutes, with barely any ammo, just after entering the Ark portal.

So yeah, those were the only tough bits in what has so far been an uninspiring campaign. Still fun, but not as tough as it should be...

Mar 18, 2010
Bayonetta isn't hard, the players are. (OOOH)

OT: None, really. I'm only an above average videogame player, not awesomesaucetastic.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Trivun said:
Well, let's see. Who here thought the Legendary difficulty level on Halo 3 was tough to get through?

Not me.
Agreed. With a conservative play-style and liberal usage of plasma weapons, it's not overly difficult. Vanilla, that is. Turning on some skulls makes it very very difficult indeed.

On topic: Ah, I'm not totally sure about whether people actually found it quite difficult, but getting the 'Brass Balls' achievement for completing Bioshock on Hard without using a Vita-chamber wasn't too tough for me.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I wouldn't exactly say easy, but Demon's Souls wasn't that hard to me. Just very fun :D

Also, Cod:MW2 Veteran mode. I hear lots of people complain(ed) about it, but honestly it had like 2 frustrating checkpoints (Favela ftl).

DA:O I didn't find hard, playing on Hard... although I got bored after about 20 hours and haven't finished it yet. Probably would like it more on PC, but I hate the combat on PS3.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Morrowind definatly. Though I understand why. Oblivion too. Mostly because everyone is an idiot when it comes to making a good class. I always do fine, but I always hear about their characters sucking. At this point I feel tempted to just tell them "Maybe you suck at making classes?"

Alot of games though, I tend to fair better in. I dont think Im amazing, but I have proven I am atleast better than the average gamer.

Sarkule

Jun 9, 2010
Miumaru said:
Morrowind definatly. Though I understand why. Oblivion too. Mostly because everyone is an idiot when it comes to making a good class. I always do fine, but I always hear about their characters sucking. At this point I feel tempted to just tell them "Maybe you suck at making classes?"

Alot of games though, I tend to fair better in. I dont think Im amazing, but I have proven I am atleast better than the average gamer.
You do realise you can change the difficulty don't you?
And how have you proven your better than the average gamer?

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Trivun said:

Not me. Oddly enough, I found the Normal difficulty level much more difficult, while on my current Legendary playthrough there have only been four instances I can count that have been actually tough.

1. Dealing with about ten Brutes in the Vehicle Depot in the base near Voi (made easier with the use of a deployable cover, but my ammo was running low).

2. Pinned down with low ammo by a Wraith and about fifteen Brutes in the valleys near Voi (sorted when I flanked past them and managed to get support from a Warthog and two Marines in the next valley over).

3. Facing the first Scarab in the game when I had run out of rockets (still fairly easy).

4. Wiping out a pair of Hunters and three Brutes, with barely any ammo, just after entering the Ark portal.

So yeah, those were the only tough bits in what has so far been an uninspiring campaign. Still fun, but not as tough as it should be...
The only time I found Halo difficult was when the checkpoints screwed me over. One time I remember reappearing in front of a Hunter's lunge every time I died and spawned again. Good times...

On Topic: Pretty much every J-RPG I play. Then again, I've played them since I was about 7, and my friends all love FPS titles. I'm the odd one out really...