What games/enemies scared you as a kid?

Osloq

Mar 9, 2008
Emphasis said:
I used to be immensely scared of Abe from Abe's Oddyssy/Exodus.. All the enemies too freaked me out badly.
This would definitely be my number 1 pick.

Not sure if it counts but the original Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. I almost had a panic attack when playing the pit level. Being surrounded by dozens of shambling humanoids with a fast fading torch made me want to curl into the foetal position in the only light point and cry.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Mr X from Resident Evil 2, it was the way; he kept walking slowly towards you, before you finally brought him down.

Also the Tyrant from the first Resident Evil scared the shit out of me.

AlexanderAstartes

Afternoon Delight
Jan 1, 2008
Cliff racers still give me nightmares. That's more of a personal grievance though.

The Butcher, from Diablo. He just sat there waiting for you in a room full of corpses. I had nightmares of him saying, "Mmm, fresh meat!".

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
The 7th Guest scared me a *lot* when I was a kid. I was so freaked, that I could barely watch the intro, and sometimes had to pull the PC's power cord to cut it short (kinda drastic, I know, but bear in mind that this was the DOS game era, not task-switching or ctrl-alt-delete).
This *was* a game about a madman kidnapping children's souls, after all, and I must've been 9 or 10, at the most.

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
the ReDead in Ocarina of Time (i used the sun song as much as possible :p)
the Zombies in Conker's Bad Fur Day
and the Zombie/Mummy father in the closet in Majora's Mask (omg, he jumped out of the closet D:)

(this was all on the N64, when i was 10 years old :p)

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Resident Evil.
What scared me?
Every fucking thing that moved.

I was young...

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
In the game 'Wolverines Revenge' those weird zombie like things with the long ass limbs. Yeah. Those scared the shit out of me.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
The Redead from Ocarina of Time when I was very young. Probably the only enemy that ever scared me when I was a kid.

Xodion

Apr 8, 2008
Alien Trilogy scared the hell out of me when I was younger, the graphics weren't great but it was dark and sinister enough that you didn't notice, and the sound of the aliens running around, not knowing when they were going to leap out and tear your face off... Even with my pink acid boots I was still terrified in that game!

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Ah, I just remembered.
You remember that part when you first encounter the Gargantua in Half-Life 1?
When you have to lead it down the tunnel to shock it to death...
That part was damn well close to making me crap my pants.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
One of the scariest and best games I've played to date is a fantastic first person shooter/thriller/horror from Gremlin Interactive. It was released in 1997 and is still one of the most atmospheric games I've ever experienced.

The original game came on 4 cds and used FMV. It was completely awesome.

The other game (besides the classic RE1) that has really scared me was the original Alien vs Predator. That game still makes me wet my pants if I play as a marine on the hardest difficulty. Fantastic game.

ChiryX

Mar 1, 2010
The zombies in the Resident evil game where your in a mansion (not even bothered to check it out). And when you entered a room and u saw only the door opening.. I was scared shitless :D

Firenz

Jul 16, 2009
Facehuggers in the original AvP (the whole games was scary, they were just the most bowel liquifingly terrifying of the selection!)

EDIT: Hell, I STILL find them scary!

Xrysthos

Apr 13, 2009
Facecrabs in the original HL used to scare me senseless. I'm pretty sure that was the first game with any scary content that I ever played.

Neotericity

Legal Assassin
May 20, 2009
the mummy in goosebumps for the pc the horror them park one, my dad had to do that part every time

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
dududf said:
I CAN'T play the metroid prime games any more. I scared the shit out of myself when I was younger, and now I just can't play The Game any more.
Being a Metroid fan has got me curious about this, is there a story there?
I played the first Metroid when I was young, and fool hardy. I was probably about 7 at the time, and was not 100% sure if video games were real. I go to play the first level of Metroid Prime (3D for game cube) and the pirate level scared me reaaaal bad. Seriously I was freaking out at the time, and I never even got to a point where I'd shoot stuff, I was just too worried.

Any how, if I play a metroid I remember that time, and it's suddenly harder to play. That and I suck with scary stuff because I'm too god damn empathetic. Seriously, dieing when I don't expect it freaks me the eff off.

And that's the story.

tl;dr= I'm a pussy, and shame on you for needing a tl;dr.