What games/enemies scared you as a kid?

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
So I have been watching video walk throughs of games I (and maybe you) use to play as a kid, and I started thinking, just how much some of the games scared the CRAP right out of me, what about you guys? What scared you as a kid (video game wise)

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
The Bone guys in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time that showed up if you ever roamed the open fields at night.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
The zombies in the first Resident Evil didn't quite scare me, but they certainly creeped me out.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Mortons4ck said:
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time's Bottom of the Well and Shadow Temple levels.
I think i can safely say that any kid who played LoZ:OoT was scared shitless by the well

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
I CAN'T play the metroid prime games any more. I scared the shit out of myself when I was younger, and now I just can't play The Game any more.

PrimoThePro

Jun 23, 2009
hahaha, dingodile scared the crap outta me for no reason whatsoever. always called my brother down to finish him for me while i hid behind a chair.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Gnomes in the Harry Potter games...what? They wanted to steal my hard earned jelly beans/money/rabbit droppings.

PrimoThePro

Jun 23, 2009
dududf said:
I CAN'T play the metroid prime games any more. I scared the shit out of myself when I was younger, and now I just can't play The Game any more.
omg you suck that was so mean.
added OT:
every single enemy from thief. i couldnt play that game till i was like... eight.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Games: Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Biohazard, and any game that involved dark, cramped spaces or spiders.
Enemies: Spiders, spiders, that snowman thing from clayfighter, the ice dude from Killer Instinct, and giant spiders.

Mortons4ck

Jan 12, 2010
Quiet Stranger said:
Mortons4ck said:
I think i can safely say that any kid who played LoZ:OoT was scared shitless by the well
Seriously, the Dead Hands has got to be the creepiest enemy design of all time. The low-poly count just added to the deformity and, by extension, the horror.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
The zombies in Return to Castle Wolfenstein scared the shit out of me. But now that game is hilarious.

Angry Caterpillar

Feb 26, 2010
The chainsaw guys in Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Especially in the hedge maze level early on. Those things terrified me as a child.

Emphasis

Nov 12, 2009
I used to be immensely scared of Abe from Abe's Oddyssy/Exodus.. All the enemies too freaked me out badly.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Mortons4ck said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Mortons4ck said:
Seriously, the Dead Hands has got to be the creepiest enemy design of all time. The low-poly count just added to the deformity and, by extension, the horror.
yeah, I finished the game a few years ago (two or three) and the well STILL scared the shit outta me