What generation do you come from?

Zeriah

Mar 26, 2009
I guess I started on my cousins NES, but didn't get my own console until the SNES.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Atari... God I feel old. It was a friends. I got an NES for Christmas a couple years later.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Well, I started off with a PC and the original huge grey gameboy. Followed that up with a Dreamcast, then getting the PS2 about four or five years back, then the Wii about a year ago. Still mostly play on the PC, though.

So, uh... I don't know, really.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
For me, it was Christmas 1998, when I was 3 years old. I got a PS1, and have been addicted to gaming ever since.

Mr. In-between

Apr 7, 2010
Cogwheel said:
Well, I started off with a PC and the original huge grey gameboy. Followed that up with a Dreamcast, then getting the PS2 about four or five years back, then the Wii about a year ago. Still mostly play on the PC, though.

So, uh... I don't know, really.
I still have my original Greenboy somewhere in my house if I am not mistaken.

Greenboy had a lot of really fun games for its era that everyone seems to overlook. I still play Super Mario Land and 6 Golden Coins to this very day despite knowing them inside and out.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
GameBoy Era. First system I played was an Atari Lynx, then it was all about the GameBoy. I also played a C64 or something like that, and some NES clones. I first really got my own system around the Windows 98 era for PC gaming, and got my own console systems way later.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Game Boy Colour. Man that thing was the bomb. Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Konami GB Collection Volume 1, Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Ages (You know, those REALLY good CAPCOM ones) and Pokémon.

Calumon: Playstation 3. It, kinda... fell on me. :S

Confidingtripod

May 29, 2010
Started with split-screen timesplitters on a friends PS1, when it came out I got a PS2 and now I am currently using an Xbox360 to feed my addiction to violence. :)

Kryzantine

Feb 18, 2010
Started out with PC gaming, but my first console was an Xbox. I think I wanted a PS2 first, but my parents were like, "This is our money, the games are the same anyway, let's take the console with more graphics power". So where my friends were playing stuff like R&C and Mario, I was too busy killing aliens, zombies, mechs, criminals and whatever the fuck I fought in Ninja Gaiden.

Oh, but don't confuse me for a person who only enjoys mindless killing. KOTOR, Jade Empire, Crimson Skies were the most enjoyable experiences I had on my first console.

djh82uk

Jun 25, 2010
I started with a Vic-20 when I was 3, then moved up as below:

C64 - Master System - MegaDrive - XT PC - Amiga A500 - Amiga A1200 - Pentium 75 PC - Playstation 1 - Dreamcast - N64- Playstation 2 - XBOX - Gamecube - Xbox 360 - PS3 - Wii

Currently however all my gaming is done on a modern Gaming PC that I built a few months back.

I have had loads of PC's mixed in with the above but only listed my first 2, proper PC gaming for started with Descent multiplayer over my 14.4kbps modem.

DJH

yankeefan19

Mar 20, 2009
The first game console I ever played on was an NES, but I played it at the time the PS1 was just getting popular. My first gaming experience that I remember clearly is playing my dad's copy of Starcraft, my favorite RTS of all time.

cornmancer

Dec 7, 2009
I was born in '96, so I started gaming around the end of the PS1/N64 era and beginning of the PS2/Gamecube era.

wickes666

Jun 26, 2010
first system i played was the 64, Bad Fury Day, even though the PS2 came out when i was 10