What generation do you come from?

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
At what time did you get into gaming? Did you just hopped on with the current generation or where you here at the beginning? Did you have an Atari first or an xbox? Was your fist sight polygons or pixels.

For me, I was Playstation era, I never knew of pixels before polygons.

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
My first time gaming was when I was 3,playing on my brother's Sega Master System. Got a mega drive/genesis about a year after, though.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
I was N64 when I got hooked (first one I owned), but I started with the SNES at friends houses. God I loved duck hunt.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
My first games were played on an old 80386. :3

I didn't really get into gaming until the mid-90s though. My friends all had consoles (I did too, but it was an Atari Jaguar...), and my first gaming PC was a Pentium.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
NES was my first console, the Game Gear my first handheld. It had some crazy graphics, but that damn goliath devoured batteries. That and I was the only kid in the neighbourhood with one, and there were precious few decent games that didn't have "Sonic" in the title.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
I started with the SNES and N64.

But I didnt get into gaming this seriously until this current generation.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
My very first console was the N64 but i started playing games on the Sega Mega Drive at a mate's house.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
We had a Pong console. Yeah, it was massive and had wood paneling. So technically, that was my intro in to gaming, though my main experiences were my Atari 2600 (Battle Tank or Sea Quest anyone?), and my Nintendo.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
I started gaming when I was 3. I was introduced to the Atari, and very shortly after I met the NES, then moved onto the SNES and Sega Genesis, I skipped N64, got a PS, then a PS2, I barely acknowledged the existence of the Gamecube, I totally ignored the Xbox, now I have a PS3 and have no interest in the 360. (No, I'm not flaming anything so please, keep your panties untangled before any would be responders defend the honor of any of their beloved consoles.)

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
2fish said:
I was N64 when I got hooked (first one I owned), but I started with the SNES at friends houses. God I loved duck hunt.
Duck Hunt? Are sure you don't mean the original NES. I don't recall there being a Duck Hunt on the SNES.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
I had an Atari, then an NES, then a Genesis. My parents stopped buying gaming consoles then which got me into computer games.

I bought a Playstation and my brother bought an N64. After that console generation I was pretty much out on my own, with a job and now I buy whatever I want.

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
Started with NES and Atari as consoles.

To be fair though I also played several games on the PC before that, including paperboy, pacman etc.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
I got started on the original Nintendo system then worked my way up from the SNES, N64, NGC and.... the load of piss we call the Wii.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
I was...gosh. I remember when Space Invaders came out. I was... 11. I remember playing it at the movie theatre, and I was mesmerized. My real first love was Battlezone, though. Hunting tanks with vector graphics, and looking through the goggles... I loved that game!