What generation do you come from?

Cab00se206

Jul 9, 2008
My first experience to gaming was by a young-childhood friend who owned a SNES and Super Mario 3, I think. I was like 4-5 at the time, so I was like "What is this thing? It's like TV you play!", but I realy was too young to understand it. The first console I actually owned and played was the N64, and my first two games were Super Mario 64 and James Bond Goldeneye, so I think that I had a pretty good intro into the gaming phenomenon.

AwesomeExpress

Packages Delivered: 84 / 1900
Feb 4, 2010
I'm just inbetween the NES and the SNES. When I was old enough to understand/able to play video games, the SNES came out. But I have still played many a game and spent many an hour on the good ol' NES.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
At what time did you get into gaming? Did you just hopped on with the current generation or where you here at the beginning? Did you have an Atari first or an xbox? Was your fist sight polygons or pixels.

For me, I was Playstation era, I never knew of pixels before polygons.
Ditto. Well, kinda. I had a Gameboy before I had a Playstation. Y'know, the proper old brick one that took 4 AA batteries
But yeah my first console was my Playstation, when I was 7. I still list it as probably the joint happiest day of my life (tied with passing my driving test, it was a real ***** and now I cherish my car)

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I played on my dad's NES and SNES but the first console I could call mine was a N64. Then I moved to the PS2 and now I have a 360 and a Wii.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Born 1984. Back when men were real men, floppy disks were real floppy disks, and long loading times were real long loading times.

386. 486. BBC Micro. Friend had a SNES, and a Commodore VIC-20. Other friend, an Amiga and an early Apple Macintosh.

Still a PC gamer. Only console I've owned was an Xbox (not 360).

Uncreative

Oct 29, 2009
Nintendo 64 and Gameboy color were my bestest friends.
And probably the only reason I cared about learning to read.

And they say video games give you the dumb!

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
Atari 2600 -> Gameboy(Yes, the big grey brick!)-> SNES -> Pentium 166mhz -> Playstation in 98 -> various PCs and never looked back. I love my games like my platform: Customizable! I never was a mainstream action gamer so i don't give a flying fuck about the Xbox360 generation.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
My first experience with gaming was an SNES with a copy of Super Mario World. Extrapolate from there.

molester jester

Sep 4, 2008
First console i owned - Sega Mega Drive 2
First console i played - Nes

Also had a very old computer / gaming thing but i can not remember what make it was.