What generation do you come from?

Chicaine

Jun 7, 2010
I had a Sega Saturn with no games, just a demo disk i played non stop, then came the SNES, got properly into gaming with the PS1
Not sure what time i got it but i was really into pokemon and got a gameboy colour with pokemon gold, if it wasn't for pokemon i wouldn't be half as much into gaming as i am now

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
Well the first game i remember playing was Dig Dug and played lots of games since, but i suppose i really got excited about games when a friend got a brand spankin Sega mega drive. I had played plenty of games before hand but this system was what showed me that gaming was somehow greater than tv.

blaqknoise

Feb 27, 2010
My dad had the SNES before I was born. When I got older I started playing games on it.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Irridium said:
Started with the PC and DOOM. Way back in 1995. I was born in 1991, so I started when I was... 4 years old.

Then I moved onto a SNES with Mario RPG.

Good times.
Going from Doom to Mario?

That seams a bit backwards I say :p

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
2600 was first system, but the NES is what made me fall in love with gaming and why I will always have soft spot for Nintendo.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I started gaming at 3 with the Commodore Amiga 2000. I was born in 1990 and I started playing games in 1993... The Commodore Amiga 2000 came out at around 1985. I was playing a 7 year old console for my first gaming system. That would be like starting gaming today with a PS2. Then I moved on to the Sega Saturn and the to the SNES. Finally I moved onto the N64 and PSone.

hottsaucekid

Sep 20, 2009
SantoUno said:
I come from the N64/Playstation/Dreamcast era. I also played plenty of NES games during that time.

Those were some good times.
this. god i love the dreamcast. i still play sonic adventures every now and then.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
I actually first owned an NES, but I did play another persons Atari when it came out.

r0mulu5

Oct 19, 2009
hmmm... got a snes when about 2-3, then got a gameboy colour before moving on to pc with half life and aoe
So yeah - born in the days of cartridges, basic controllers and when floppy drives were still a viable means of transporting data =)

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
2fish said:
Gaderael said:
2fish said:
I was N64 when I got hooked (first one I owned), but I started with the SNES at friends houses. God I loved duck hunt.
Duck Hunt? Are sure you don't mean the original NES. I don't recall there being a Duck Hunt on the SNES.
See kids this is why you don't mix drugs and type online you make stupid errors. The whole history of duck huntand I (a love story): I started on the SNES but later we got kicked to the NES when my friend's brother and friends wanted to play. I had a great time becuase they got out the NES (duck hunt!) to keep us out of the way and none of them could beat me at duck hunt.
Ah. Clarification for the win!

Apr 28, 2008
Not G. Ivingname said:
Irridium said:
Started with the PC and DOOM. Way back in 1995. I was born in 1991, so I started when I was... 4 years old.

Then I moved onto a SNES with Mario RPG.

Good times.
Going from Doom to Mario?

That seams a bit backwards I say :p
Eh, it worked for me.

And besides, enough people started with Mario, I'm here to add a bit of diversity.

And eat cake.

Lerxst

Mar 30, 2008
Intellivision, after that a Colecovision (which also played Atari titles if you had the add-on). Then I hopped aboard the Sega Master System boat and went that route instead of the NES one.