What generation do you come from?

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
I started with my dad's NES back when I was a wee little lad, playing Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, and -shudder- Top Gun. Then, when I was five, I got a GBC, which really got me hooked.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I was started on the N64, but was also had (and still do have) a NES that I wasn't really allowed to play with.

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
My first home console was the SNES with Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World, but only fairly late on and I didn't get many games for it at all. Actually, SMA&SMW was the 'only' game for all intents and purposes. The other was some crappy football thing. So... I guess really it was closer to the N64 when I really started getting into it.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
I had an Atari when I was really young but it was the NES (first Legend of Zelda) that really made me a gamer. After that I was a PC gamer for a while then I got a PS1 and it was all over for me after playing Xenogears and Final Fantasy 7. Now I play PC and 360. I still want a PS3 and a Wii but it's hard to convince the wife we should sink more money into games instead of retirement funds. She's picky like that.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
The GameBoy Colour generation, with Pokémon Gold, and a PS1 soon afterwards.
The earliest game I can remember playing was Doom. I was like 4 or 5. It scared the shit out of me. I wouldn't consider myself a gamer back then.
Final Fantasy 7 I think was when I really became a gamer, but I still love pixel art. Some of the GBA Pokémon games are great, and so are the Final Fantasy Tactics games.

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
I started in the 16 bit era, my first console was a Sega Genesis followed a couple years later by an SNES.

Dapsen

Nov 9, 2008
First digital thing I ever played was 'DX Ball' when I was 5'ish. But I got into gaming with Age of Empires for the PC, and Gran Turismo, Tekken and Crash Bandicoot for the PS1.

It was awesome :)

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Early Sega Genesis. Twas around the time Sonic 2 was released. I first played Sonic 1 and then fell in love with gaming.
Hearing the old Sonic tunes is a major-haymaker to the nostalgia bone.

Nihilism_Is_Bliss

Oct 27, 2009
My stingy-ass parents wouldn't buy me a console until I was nearly in high school, and that was a GBASP.
I used to beg my friends at school to let me play pokemon red on their gameboy colours back in the day though :p

But I guess for the majority of my young childhood I mainly PC gamed as I didn't have a console...
Aaaah...Sheep and Zoombinis...

Sep 14, 2009
wayyy back in the day, started off on nintendo with mario,ninja turtles (that was so fucking hard as a 3-4 year old) and duck hunt of course, then i moved onto the good stuff, i can't remmber the sega handheld name..but it was a sega hand held and i used to sit for hours on mortal kombat on it, then my dad eventually got a sega genesis and i went to town on that thing for a few years, then got the n64..and yeah, played just about everything ever since.

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
My first console was the motherfuckin' NES.

Yeah. I rolled old school when the old school was just school, dawg.

...But I didn't actually become a hardcore gamer until I had my PS1.

revjay

Everybody's dead, Dave.
Nov 19, 2007

I was born 3 years after that released so not a lot of gaming until I was grown.. I remember the novelty of pong and laughing at a kid down the street who was messing with a 'home computer'. I KNEW that shit would never catch on, I mean seriously who would want a computer in their house when there's TV..

Lekonua

Mar 25, 2009
Mid 1990s. Age, I'd guess 4 to 6. My first game was Sonic The Hedgehog on my brother's Genesis.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
oktalist said:
Born 1984. Back when men were real men, floppy disks were real floppy disks, and long loading times were real long loading times.

386. 486. BBC Micro. Friend had a SNES, and a Commodore VIC-20. Other friend, an Amiga and an early Apple Macintosh.
Wow. It's not every day I run into someone younger than I am who's even heard of the VIC-20 (still have mine in a box in the closet) or the BBC Micro (mostly because I'm in the US; my British friend's parents still have theirs set up in their basement, though).

I guess I mostly started out with the Apple ][, VIC-20, and NES, and some stuff in arcades back when they were still cool (or even existed...hard to find a well-maintained pinball machine these days). Didn't get particularly serious about it until the NES, but since then I've at least tried just about everything, from the 32X to the Virtual Boy (also in the closet somewhere). Heh.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
I rocked it hardcore with my brothers Amstrad cpc at age 3, it was sooo hardcore it had a freakin tape deck, none of this floppy disk nonsense!