What generation do you come from?

[guys_its_ok]

Jul 1, 2010
first thing i ever got was a little red, black-and-white screen gameboy pocket, and all i had was mario. it was awesome.

Aug 25, 2009
Technically my very first gaming experiences were on PC, somewhere around when I was four or five. First console gaming was round a friend's house on Star Fox 64 (I actually had to go and look that up to remember it) so sometime around the Nintendo 64 generation. (Sonic also a favourite of mine, always liked Tails and Knuckles.)

My first personal gaming came with a Gameboy Pocket and Pokemon Blue (Still the best pokemon game dammit!), and then later a Playstation with Tomb Raider III and Crash Bandicoot. So around 1997-1998 really.

After that came Bugs Bunny: Adventures in Time, Syphon Filter, Hogs of War (Wasn't that a good game?), Worms, Toy Story II: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue, and Final Fantasy IX, VII and VIII (in that order)

I think it's fair to say that by the time the XBox rolled around I was hooked. And since then I've been a hardcore XBox fan (can you even be a hardcore gamer on an XBox?) Anywho.

My final answer is that, since I got into gaming on the N64, 1997, the fifth generation according to Wikipedia (though I also caught the tail end of the fourth generation)

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
It was the late 80's for me. My first console was an NES. I've been playing since I was 3-years-old.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
My first console was I believe playing 'Carnival' on the Colleco Vision. I didn't get a console myself until I was half way through secondary/highschool and got a PSone and from there got a PS2 and 360. I missed out on a lot of the Nintendo and Sega old 90's consoles/games. However I had a PC around 1996/97.

jacobgr43

Jun 5, 2010
started with the playstation and gameboy colour moved to ps2 and GBA SP then the XBOX360 and DS

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
Twas the Playstation for me too, but it wasn't mine. I wasn't allowed a console until the Wii. The first I owned was a GBC, then a GBASP, then an NDSl, then a Wii and finally an Xbox360.

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
Sega genesis was my first I believe, that or the nes my brother had... I also got into pc gaming later, but I suppose I became a "Gamer" when I first played x-men for the genesis. I loved that game....

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
EightGaugeHippo said:
I got into gaming same as you, playstation.
Oddworld and Metal Gear Solid as I recall.
This as well. Parents bought a PC a year or so later (Mainly for work) after the PlayStation came out. Oddworld 1 was my first real game. Then Crash Bandicoot, THEN MGS.

Rakkana

Nov 17, 2009
One day my mum just said, "Do you want a Playstation 2?"

It wasn't my birthday. It wasn't Christmas. I thought I was going to die. It was the only logical explanation.

Still kinda worried.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
My first computer was a ZX Spectrum, my first console was a Master System, my first portable was a Game Boy and the very first game I played was Alley Cat.

So yeah... I'm old.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Oh my children.....

Almost first Generation here. I got a NES when I was 5, and I remember when arcades were actually a big deal.

BoxCutter

Jul 3, 2009
The first console I ever had was an NES. That is also the first time I ever played a game on my own.

The earliest I can remember playing on it by myself just to have fun was 4, but we had it around before then.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
I got a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Yellow when I was 6, but I consider my real start point the Christmas I got my Sega Genesis (yeah, the timing was kinda weird). In terms of age, though, I'd say I'm from between the fifth and sixth generations.

Juven Ignus

Sep 10, 2009
My first console was a SNES waaay back in the day. First game was Mortal Kombat. I was a little little boy.

Ahh, the good ol' times.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
My first experience with games was on the Sega Master System II.

But it was with the original Playstation that I got really into gaming.
The Sega was more of a childhood toy, and I was too young to be a proper gamer then.

XzarTheMad

Oct 10, 2008
I was the DOS generation, playing Commander Keen, Halloween Harry, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures, Special Agent, Crystal Caves, Doom I & II, Wolfenstein 3D and a lot of stuff like that. Also did a lot of Lucasarts adventure games like Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island I & II, and stuff like The Neverhood, The 7th Guest, Phantasmagoria, Under a Killing Moon, shit like that. The last horror games I more sort of spectated while my mum and dad played them. Yeah, gaming was something my entire family did back then.