What Gods do you think would belong in a modern day Olympus?

adorabelle

Sep 29, 2011
The question is pretty self-explanatory. What Gods do you think would have a place in a contemporary Olympus? You can name old ones (even outside the Greek Mythology) that are still worshiped today (even if not by their name, like the God of War) or you can name old ones who don't play a role anymore. Or you can make up your own God. Also, you can say who you think would be the Zeus a.k.a. Big Daddy (or Mommy) in today's world. Also, state if they are female, male or gender neutral.

I'll start with some fairly obvious ones.

God of Money.

God of Technology.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
The God of Annoying Internet Nerds.

He bestows blessings upon the trolls, the grammar nazis, and the fanboys. Bonus points if, when you disagree with someone on the internet, you respond with swearing and a lack of punctuation marks.

And he looks like this:

The Scythian

Jun 8, 2010
The god of cosmic trolling. He makes people "lose their faith in humanity" to worship Him!

But, seriously, an old one making a return would be Fortune. We all want luck, right?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I guess Poseidus would still be worship by the fish morgers (fishing business and people who like to fish).

awnman

Dec 21, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
I guess Poseidus would still be worship by the fish morgers (fishing business and people who like to fish).
and by horse farmers plus the japenese as he controls both tidal waves and earthquakes edit and horses

Dec 14, 2009

Mother to us all, Okami Amaterasu.

Come on guys! She even has her own game! She's even in Marvel vs Capcom 3!

She is a Sun Goddess no more.

She is instead, the Goddess of Video Games!

FrankatronX

Jul 28, 2010
Since people found out where lightening came from Thor is now the god of public transport. He still gets to pee on us from on high though.
grr.

rreetteepp

May 2, 2011
Well at the beginning of time a mighty stalk flew to all different corners of the globe and gave birth to people we know today as "The Brothers of Fortune" these brothers consist of Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Mr T, Jesus and The Stig...

Today they work for peace on earth and they also stop Cthulhue from destroying the earth too.

BLAHwhatever

Aug 30, 2011
God of Lust
God of Gluttony
God of Greed
God of Sloth
God of Wrath
God of Envy

And man, are they powerful.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
adorabelle said:
The question is pretty self-explanatory. What Gods do you think would have a place in a contemporary Olympus? You can name old ones (even outside the Greek Mythology) that are still worshiped today (even if not by their name, like the God of War) or you can name old ones who don't play a role anymore. Or you can make up your own God. Also, you can say who you think would be the Zeus a.k.a. Big Daddy (or Mommy) in today's world. Also, state if they are female, male or gender neutral.

I'll start with some fairly obvious ones.

God of Money.

God of Technology.
God of Languages
God of Bureaucracy
Chuck Norris
Three very appropriate entries.

Project_Omega

Sep 7, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

Im sorry bro, but I don't specifically like or care about these Japanese concepts/characters you came up with and I am sure I wouldn't like her to be my goddess of Video Games.

Not all Video Game nerds actually like Japanese Culture, you see.

Deal.With.It

Dec 14, 2009
Project_Omega said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Im sorry bro, but I don't specifically like or care about these Japanese concepts/characters you came up with and I am sure I wouldn't like her to be my goddess of Video Games.

Deal.With.It
Yeah, I didn't come up with the idea 'bro', so don't patronise me.

And besides the name, she's not exactly an anime character, she's a wolf. I didn't pick her because she's Japanese, I picked her because she's an awesome video game character who also happens to be a god.

A wolf who can beat the ever loving crap out of Thor in Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Econoxtorix: the God of the Stock Market, shares and bankers.

Atominastrus: God of radiation and nuclear technology.

vaculam: God of Satellites, high altitudes, the moon and space travel.

bureaucrasolat: God of Transnational corporations and international relations.

Dave!yogpod God of podcasts, fizzy drinks, and having the balls. [small]Cookie for reference[/small]

Project_Omega

Sep 7, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Project_Omega said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Deal.With.It

And besides the name, she's not exactly an anime character, she's a wolf.

Are you being serious?

I didn't say that it was YOU who created her in first place, I meant it was YOU who brought her up and suggested her as a goddess of video games.

Obviously the wolf was based around the Japanese culture, I mean look at the art-style, the name, the strange flowing flaming disc and the fact that it's a God that is in a shape of an animal (again, very Japanese). Who said she is an anime character? I can't remember saying that, where are you referencing that from, buddy?

All I said is that I am not a big fan of Japanese Culture, and that not all people are into this kind of thing. Making her the official "God of Video Games" would be equivalent of ignoring all these people who actually don't want her to be THE God.

If you are making a God of video games, either make sure it is suited for EVERYONE, or make many that are split accordingly to each GENRE or STYLE of Video Games, if you like.

Otherwise, don't actually bother, because you will come out as a biased fool.

Dec 14, 2009
Project_Omega said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Project_Omega said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Deal.With.It

Are you being serious?

I didn't say that it was YOU who created her in first place, I meant it was YOU who brought her up and suggested her as a goddess of video games.

Obviously the wolf was based around the Japanese culture, I mean look at the art-style, the name, the strange flowing flaming disc and the fact that it's a God that is in a shape of an animal (again, very Japanese). Who said she is an anime character? I can't remember saying that, where are you referencing that from, buddy?

All I said is that I am not a big fan of Japanese Culture, and that not all people are into this kind of thing. Making her the official "God of Video Games" would be equivalent of ignoring all these people who actually don't want her to be THE god.

If you are making a God of video games, either make sure it is suited for EVERYONE, or is split accordingly to each GENRE or STYLE, if you like.

Firstly, I apologise about the first part of my response, I had this weird impression that you thought I had made up the character and didn't actually know about the game (odd I know).

Secondly, this thread isn't supposed to be taken seriously. I didn't exactly put much thought into.

Ammy is already a god, and she's in video games. It didn't exactly take a great leap of imagination to get to my conclusion.

If I had thought someone would tear me a new one for not taking this thread seriously enough, I would have put more thought into it.

But I forget. The internet is serious business.

Project_Omega

Sep 7, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Project_Omega said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Project_Omega said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Deal.With.It

Are you being serious?

All I said is that I am not a big fan of Japanese Culture, and that not all people are into this kind of thing. Making her the official "God of Video Games" would be equivalent of ignoring all these people who actually don't want her to be THE god.

If you are making a God of video games, either make sure it is suited for EVERYONE, or is split accordingly to each GENRE or STYLE, if you like.

Firstly, I apologise about the first part of my response, I had this weird impression that you thought I had made up the character and didn't actually know about the game (odd I know).

Secondly, this thread isn't supposed to be taken seriously. I didn't exactly put much thought into.

Ammy is already a god, and she's in video games. It didn't exactly take a great leap of imagination to get to my conclusion.

If I had thought someone would tear me a new one for not taking this thread seriously enough, I would have put more thought into it.
God, this line of quoting is getting huge...

Basically, I wasn't being too serious about this at first, maybe half-serious if you like. I started being more serious after you went "Don't call me bro" and started getting angry about what I said.

I know how easy it is to make a quick conclusion like that, and I can see where you are coming from with the "she is a game character and a god", but we should try to apply more logic into this.

As I said, there either should be a main-stream God of Video Games or a dozen of demi-gods each serving for a specific genre. So all people are satisfied and no one is left behind.

Even if the topic is meant to be silly, you shouldn't just discard other people's opinions :)

Bro :eek:)

Dec 14, 2009
Project_Omega said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Project_Omega said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Project_Omega said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Deal.With.It

Are you being serious?

God, this line of quoting is getting huge...

Basically, I wasn't being too serious about this at first, maybe half-serious if you like. I started being more serious after you went "Don't call me bro" and started getting angry about what I said.

I know how easy it is to make a quick conclusion like that, and I can see where you are coming from with the "she is a game character and a god", but we should try to apply more logic into this.

As I said, there either should be a main-stream God of Video Games or a dozen of demi-gods serving for a specific genre. So all people are satisfied and no one is left behind.

Even if the topic is meant to be silly, you shouldn't just discard other people's opinions :)

Bro.
What did you have in mind?

Kratos/Dante: God of hack and slash?

Mario: God of platforming?