What Gods do you think would belong in a modern day Olympus?

Project_Omega

Sep 7, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Project_Omega said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Project_Omega said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Project_Omega said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Mother to us all, Okami Amaterasu.

Come on guys! She even has her own game! She's even in Marvel vs Capcom 3!

She is a Sun Goddess no more.

She is instead, the Goddess of Video Games!
Im sorry bro, but I don't specifically like or care about these Japanese concepts/characters you came up with and I am sure I wouldn't like her to be my goddess of Video Games.

Not all Video Game nerds actually like Japanese Culture, you see.

Deal.With.It
Yeah, I didn't come up with the idea 'bro', so don't patronise me.

And besides the name, she's not exactly an anime character, she's a wolf.

A wolf who can beat the ever loving crap out of Thor in Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Are you being serious?

I didn't say that it was YOU who created her in first place, I meant it was YOU who brought her up and suggested her as a goddess of video games.

Obviously the wolf was based around the Japanese culture, I mean look at the art-style, the name, the strange flowing flaming disc and the fact that it's a God that is in a shape of an animal (again, very Japanese). Who said she is an anime character? I can't remember saying that, where are you referencing that from, buddy?

All I said is that I am not a big fan of Japanese Culture, and that not all people are into this kind of thing. Making her the official "God of Video Games" would be equivalent of ignoring all these people who actually don't want her to be THE god.

If you are making a God of video games, either make sure it is suited for EVERYONE, or is split accordingly to each GENRE or STYLE, if you like.

Otherwise, don't actually bother, because you will come out as a biased fool.
Firstly, I apologise about the first part of my response, I had this weird impression that you thought I had made up the character and didn't actually know about the game (odd I know).

Secondly, this thread isn't supposed to be taken seriously. I didn't exactly put much thought into.

Ammy is already a god, and she's in video games. It didn't exactly take a great leap of imagination to get to my conclusion.

If I had thought someone would tear me a new one for not taking this thread seriously enough, I would have put more thought into it.
God, this line of quoting is getting huge...

Basically, I wasn't being too serious about this at first, maybe half-serious if you like. I started being more serious after you went "Don't call me bro" and started getting angry about what I said.

I know how easy it is to make a quick conclusion like that, and I can see where you are coming from with the "she is a game character and a god", but we should try to apply more logic into this.

As I said, there either should be a main-stream God of Video Games or a dozen of demi-gods serving for a specific genre. So all people are satisfied and no one is left behind.

Even if the topic is meant to be silly, you shouldn't just discard other people's opinions :)

Bro.
What did you have in mind?

Kratos/Dante: God of hack and slash?

Mario: God of platforming?
Hmmm, I guess that's a good start. But a God like that should cover more than one 'subject' to avoid having millions and millions of demi-gods.

Perhaps we should have roughly 10-12 demi-gods, with each supporting 1-3 'subjects' to make it less complicated. This topic is based on the Greek Pantheon after all, and they had a strong number of Gods as far as I remember.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Project_Omega said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Project_Omega said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Mother to us all, Okami Amaterasu.

Come on guys! She even has her own game! She's even in Marvel vs Capcom 3!

She is a Sun Goddess no more.

She is instead, the Goddess of Video Games!
Im sorry bro, but I don't specifically like or care about these Japanese concepts/characters you came up with and I am sure I wouldn't like her to be my goddess of Video Games.

Not all Video Game nerds actually like Japanese Culture, you see.

Deal.With.It
Yeah, I didn't come up with the idea 'bro', so don't patronise me.

And besides the name, she's not exactly an anime character, she's a wolf.

A wolf who can beat the ever loving crap out of Thor in Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Are you being serious?

I didn't say that it was YOU who created her in first place, I meant it was YOU who brought her up and suggested her as a goddess of video games.

Obviously the wolf was based around the Japanese culture, I mean look at the art-style, the name, the strange flowing flaming disc and the fact that it's a God that is in a shape of an animal (again, very Japanese). Who said she is an anime character? I can't remember saying that, where are you referencing that from, buddy?

All I said is that I am not a big fan of Japanese Culture, and that not all people are into this kind of thing. Making her the official "God of Video Games" would be equivalent of ignoring all these people who actually don't want her to be THE God.

If you are making a God of video games, either make sure it is suited for EVERYONE, or make many that are split accordingly to each GENRE or STYLE of Video Games, if you like.

Someone get this man some warm water and a scourer - that sand won't scrub itself out!

OT: Ubitwat, God of Obnoxious DRM.

You'll never guess where I got the name from.

crepesack

May 20, 2008
Suwako goddess of the mountains and lolis.
And her husband Pedobear, who stole her from her mother as she was prancing through the meadows. They call this the story of the "Rape of Suwako" She can only return once every spring.

Vandenberg1

May 26, 2011
adorabelle said:
The question is pretty self-explanatory. What Gods do you think would have a place in a contemporary Olympus? You can name old ones (even outside the Greek Mythology) that are still worshiped today (even if not by their name, like the God of War) or you can name old ones who don't play a role anymore. Or you can make up your own God. Also, you can say who you think would be the Zeus a.k.a. Big Daddy (or Mommy) in today's world. Also, state if they are female, male or gender neutral.

I'll start with some fairly obvious ones.

God of Money.

God of Technology.
Well I'm a heathen.. I worship Odin, Freya, Freyr, Thor, Heimdall, the wights, the land and house spirits etc etc... Butttttt Medua and social networking is what alot of people waste their life on..Hence Escapist lol

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Fagotto said:
I can imagine Hermes being around still. I mean as the messenger of the Gods I could totally see him ruling over the Internet and all our various media. It's just sending things over a long distance after all XD
Hermes Conrad? Patron God of bureaucrats?

Is it safe to presume that Raptor Jesus will be there?

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Eros and Profita are now the king and queen of Olympus respectively, standing for sex and profit respectively.
Kratos has overthrown Ares as the God of War, who's clearly still kicking around in the modern world. The rest of the gods can near enough stay as they are.
Dionysus also plays a much more pivotal role, blessing bros with epic nights of kegs and beer pong.
Eris joins the Pantheon too and takes on her new role of blessing the above bros with epic hangovers, pregnancy scares and beer guts.

Newcomers:
Memetes murdered Momus and is now the God of funny gifs, image macros and audio-video mashups.
Hipsteros stands alone in the corner criticising the Muses. The God of not being mainstream whispers pretentious lyrics to obscure musicians.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
(_)b3R 1337 |-|4X0R(_)5 (That sasy Uber Leet Haxorus)
The God of Pettyness, Rage, Fanboys, and Childishness. You can worship HIM ('cause he's a sexist too) by commenting on and/or quoting this post. I fuckin' dare you...

hotsauceman

Jun 23, 2011
1: God of computer rage. He is responsible for all computer problems. He lives in the hellish Silicon valley. There the dreaded Serverous(A 3 monitered computer) gaurds over the internet highway that leads to Silicon valley.
2: Celestia: God of bronies.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
Project_Omega said:
If you are making a God of video games, either make sure it is suited for EVERYONE, or make many that are split accordingly to each GENRE or STYLE of Video Games, if you like.

Maybe you two already resolved this but it's a fucking opinion post. You can contest and completely ignore the opinion and make your own. A few people already made nerd rage/troll gods but I made one using leet-speak.

And to get technical, where did true video games as we know them today get their official commercial start? Japan. As God's (in any anthropomorphized sense) are entirely creations, they reflect the opinions of their creators. (Quick note: I'm not starting a God or no God debate, I'm saying when you put a picture to a God, you are creating/altering it) It's fitting for an American-game fan to say Duke Nukem or Marcus Fenix (fucking Americans can't spell Phoenix?), and a Japanese-game fan to say Okami Amaterasu or Mew.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Fagotto said:
Raptor Jesus? Hmm. Well Raptor Jesus is a bit old. I mean, if we're talking a prehistoric Olympus he might belong, but a modern day one?
Raptor Jesus died and was reborn, he was resurrected from the dead after the events on Isla Nublar.

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
Bilius: The Oh God of Hangovers. Unwilling patron deity of those who can drink heavily and never seem to get one.

penguindude42

Nov 14, 2010
Mario: God of Gaming
Optimus Prime: God of Merchandise
Billy Mays: God of Advertising
Nyancat: Cat-God(dess?) of Space and Rainbows
Baman & Piderman: Twin Gods of Randomness
Nigel, the Grim Reaper: God of Death, Underpants*, and Rock
Simon Belmont: God of Whips and Pot Roast
Tom Fulp: God of Flash Animation
Fluttershy: Goddess of Cuteness
Mama Luigi: He-Goddess of Youtube Poop

*Don't ask.

~TOM<3

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I can't be the only one who started thinking about 'American Gods.'

A kid with glowing green eyes like old computer screens. A talking TV... those are our gods.

Yugeky20

Sep 19, 2011
God of Memes... Imagine, all non-believers would be like "He isn't really" and he'd show up and be like "Problem?" and they'd be going "Oh crap hes real".