What Has Your Country Ever Done For Us?!

Silver Scribbler

Aug 5, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
King Toasty said:
Canada has graced the world with it's presence. You're welcome.
AND the telephone dammit!
Canada didn't give the world the telephone, Scotland did. As far as I'm aware, Alexander Graham Bell is widely regarded as the inventor of the telephone, and he was born in Edinburgh, Scotland.

OT - You can all thank Scotland for the Telephone, Anaesthetics, the Telegraph, Television and Penicillin, to name a few.

Also, Golf. Yeah, I apologise for that one...

BringBackBuck

Apr 1, 2009
magicaxis said:
We australians stole all the good New Zealand actors and made the world think they're ours :D Russle crowe and hugh jackman :D
You also pinched:
Phar Lap
Crowded house
Pavlova
A big chunk of your rugby team

But no worries bro, because you got me too.

Dekkaz

Feb 25, 2011
y1fella said:
Dekkaz said:
y1fella said:
Shirokurou said:
Russia saved Europe from the Tatar invasion (by taking one for the team for a few hundred years)
Russia saved Europe in 1812 (except you France)
Saved again in 1945 (Don't pretend the US did it, Berlin was taken by the USSR.

And tons of hot women...
I'm not even American when I say this (Australian) but I think you misrepresent the situation in 1945 a little bit. Not that I'm not saying Russia involvement wasn't bigger or more significant than the US's but the war was won when the US joined in because they provided the shear weight numbers that ended the war.
Also A slight little aside completely off topic but I heard that in Russia they teach America faked the moon landings. Is that true?
You're completely wrong, (I'm Australian) and Russia had the largest amount of forces/deaths by a massive number, 1/3 of deaths in ww2 belonged to Russia. I always say that Russia won the European Campaign, then Commonwealth forces, then Partisans and then Americans.

Without the Russians, the French, Germans, Mongols, Romans etc would of run all of Europe at some point, we must thank Russia for their contribution to the Earth not to mention the largest area of forest in the world.
Yeah I just realized how wrong I was. sorry to sound like a douche but You might be misunderstanding me. I'm fully aware that Russian involvement vastly outweighed American. I'm sorry to come off like I did.
Sorry mate, it always annoys me when people disregard Russia.

No problem ;)

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Despite the fact that Team Bondi was a complete hellhole, it did produce L.A. Noire. That's something.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
I live in England. I think that speaks for itself.
If anything though, we gave the Escapist Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw of Zero Punctuation fame.

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
Enamour said:
South Africa - Open Heart Surgery, Charleze Theron, J.R.R Tolkien, some kind of insane cannon in the 70s, some kind of insane helicopter, CAT Scans, oil from coal, Kreepy Krauly (those swimming pool things).

Recently we're building two "strongest telescopes in the world", I can't remember what they're called but SCIENCE!!! and all that.

A debatable contribution was the war in Angola against the communists.
J.R.R. Tolkien was British, everyone knows this.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
England

We owned you all

then felt bad and left.... probably for the best then!

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
William Catching said:
America gave the world the Internet and Apple, thusly we would not have this forum without them. AMERICA!! FUCK YEAH!!
butterfly effect

If Hitler didn't exist then neither would this forum.

/butterfly effect

WanderingBiscuits

Apr 19, 2010
Us irish are too lazy to invent. Instead, we use all of your countries inventions and then complain about them for no good reason really.
We also sleep with your women.
We're kind of a troll country. I am ok with this and you will come to accept us in time.

Captcha says: Oh brother

You better believe it!

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
TestECull said:
The nuclear age. If you're posting this by the power of the Atom, or if you're as amazed and entertained watching nuclear tests as I am, you have America to thank for it.

Such a shame we had to bring in this age the way we did but oh well.
Actually most people will be posting this by the power of HTTP (or its secure cousin https).

Invented by Tim Berners-Lee, British Physicist and all round geek.

Oh and we gave the world the industrial revolution.

William Catching said:
America gave the world the Internet and Apple, thusly we would not have this forum without them. AMERICA!! FUCK YEAH!!
Apple computers are unlikely to be the servers, more likely they run linux, to which Linus Torvalds of Finland is owed credit.

Second, America developed the concept of interconnected networks with help from England and the french.

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
King Toasty said:
Soviet Heavy said:
King Toasty said:
Canada has graced the world with it's presence. You're welcome.
AND the telephone dammit!
And most of the cast of Firefly, so yeah. We're pretty rad.
Damn straight. In fact, it?s not much known, but one day, God was so bored, he said ?I?m going to make a place fit for the likes of me? so he made Canada.

It is the Greatest Country ever, no two ways about it. What?s saddening is how some Brits (not including me) still think that Canada is inferior simply because we own it?I do apologize. (I?m not even sure whether being part of the commonwealth even counts as being owned by the brits?)

OT: We gave you Spandau Ballet, Enter Shikari, and TimeSplitters. You may thank us later.