What have you been playing lately?

Alex Karls

Aug 27, 2007
I replay GTA 3: San Andreas every so often myself. As for Gears of War, isn't it's replay value mostly in multiplayer?

LxDarko

Nov 11, 2006
Alex Karls said:
I replay GTA 3: San Andreas every so often myself. As for Gears of War, isn't it's replay value mostly in multiplayer?
Most people say that but actually I find that co-op single player is often far more enjoyable than the online multiplayer.

Lately I have been playing Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes. This franchise really brings together the RTS and the hack and slash gameplay of a dynasty warrior game. Which makes it a bit saddening that there won't really be another game like this for a few years.

David Miscavidge

Dec 13, 2006
Alex Karls said:
As for Gears of War, isn't it's replay value mostly in multiplayer?
It probably is.

I played singleplayer GOW the week it came out for a couple of hours and despised it. Couldn't understand the hype, found the duck&cover mechanics awkward, hated the monochromatic visual design and the dumb dialogue.

Now glad I'm giving it a 2nd chance. It's really grown on me. I'm almost done with the campaign, and I'm addicted and love it. Not bad for something I was actively looking for reasons to hate when I first started playing.

_Tetsu_

Aug 29, 2007
David Miscavidge said:
Alex Karls said:
As for Gears of War, isn't it's replay value mostly in multiplayer?
It probably is.

I played singleplayer GOW the week it came out for a couple of hours and despised it. Couldn't understand the hype, found the duck&cover mechanics awkward, hated the monochromatic visual design and the dumb dialogue.

Now glad I'm giving it a 2nd chance. It's really grown on me. I'm almost done with the campaign, and I'm addicted and love it. Not bad for something I was actively looking for reasons to hate when I first started playing.
Thats the problem with hyped up games really.

Playing MechCommander 2 again atm, massive fun commanding your mechs.
Have Airborne Assault: Highway to the Reich in the mail so that should arrive soon and give me a wargaming fix.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Overlord, GTA4, GTA San Andreas, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (both), Deus Ex 2 (Just finished (again)), Painkiller, and Disciples II.