What have you purchased recently?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
A gas tank refill, I was out of gas.

Reactions: BrawlMan

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I haven't made any particular unnecessary consumerist sacrifice to our corporate gods lately. Have made some necessary ones; $270 on study materials for my licensing exam, $210 on all-weather floor mats for my car so I don't ruin the floors when I get out of work with muddy boots, a new belt to replace the one I'm on the verge of slimming out of, wipes to clean the car interior, a power bank to charge my phone in my pocket while out working in the field. And my discretionary spending budget of $500 is completely blown for the month, only about halfway through it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I haven't bought a DVD or CD in a decade.

I bought a lion mask for my kid for book week
That's a good thing for your kid. Very heartwarming.

I still buy DVDs or CDs on occasion. Just because streaming service exists, does not mean I'm going to give up all together. if it's something I really like or I know I've enjoyed before in the past and still do now, I'm buying a copy. Got to have the cool artwork too. I still have my original Avatar seasons one, two, and three box sets. All of them I got day one. I love having physicals copies of things I like.

Alienware

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Canada
Winter tires, because like here in Canada we get a lot of snow! 163$ a tire + my oil change. Thank goodness I did overtime Saturday and Sunday, this wednesday is going to be pricey at the garage.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
A new bed/mattress/bedding stuff.
Bayonetta on steam.
And the Quake remastered LP

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I impulse bought Death Stranding. Satan knows why. Then i impulse bought stronger alcohol to play the drinking game of "drink when the woman in red makes you cringe from her every move and word." What is up with that? Kojima needs a woman collaborator. Or just a girlfriend. The photorealism just makes it so much creepier. Oh and i bought some catnip and treaties for my sweet feline fluffums. It's only fair.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I impulse bought Death Stranding. Satan knows why. Then i impulse bought stronger alcohol to play the drinking game of "drink when the woman in red makes you cringe from her every move and word." What is up with that? Kojima needs a woman collaborator.
Good luck with that. I tried watching a playthrough, but grew bored. Even with commentary of people I like.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Winter tires, because like here in Canada we get a lot of snow! 163$ a tire + my oil change. Thank goodness I did overtime Saturday and Sunday, this wednesday is going to be pricey at the garage.
I read someone complaining recently that new tyres are the least fulfilling purchase you can make. They're incredibly expensive, and you just end up where you felt you were already anyway.

(They're wrong, a new roof is much worse for exactly the same reasons X100.)

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Good luck with that. I tried watching a playthrough, but grew bored. Even with commentary of people I like.
Ah yes, i can most certainly see how the gameplay would not be an entertaining watch whatsoever. And they appear to be hiding most the story information within emails too! Not good streaming material, that.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
PC desk. I replaced my dining table, which makes my room significantly less cramped. From 35 inches wide to 24 inches. Eleven inches is more than it sounds.

20201017_170923.jpg

Built the desk yesterday and had to rebuild it this morning after realizing I screwed up part of the assembly.

Attachments

Reactions: gorfias

Alienware

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Canada
I read someone complaining recently that new tyres are the least fulfilling purchase you can make. They're incredibly expensive, and you just end up where you felt you were already anyway.

(They're wrong, a new roof is much worse for exactly the same reasons X100.)
I was speaking to my mechanic and you are correct new winter tires are extremely expensive, they were like 200$ a tire but I got my mechanic to sell me last years best model so I could save around 40$ a tire. I didn't really have a choice because I bough a brand new SUV 2 months ago and winter tires were not included.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I've bought a 60W 12V transformer and a set of LED lights. You guys are buying much more exciting stuff than me, but at least I'll be able to see in my kitchen when it's dark again.

Reactions: gorfias