What headwear does the Escapist prefer?

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
Akubra 'rough rider' every aussie should have one. nothing like wearing an akubra, RM jeans and a nice shirt with long boots that go nearly up to your knees. I dress like an aggie (Slang for country people around here)

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
My Hellsing cap (which has several pins on it, and gains more steadily) is my headwear when I have to walk to work.

My... I don't know what to call it, but driver's cap seems to fit; anyway, that's my 'going out and doing stuff' hat.

And my kitty ears are for 'whenever the hell I feel like being cute'. Which is all the time lately.

TheTaco007

Sep 10, 2009
I fucking love hats.

Best garment ever.

Also, I love these things (I have no idea what they're called):

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I'm a fan of my black patrol cap. I've worn that thing on roller coasters and it didn't come off.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Id love a fedora, like my xbox avatar, but Id prefer a good newsboy type hat, but so far they either are too flat, or just ugly.

flirl21187

Jun 28, 2010
LustFull0ne said:
A hair tie.

Since most hats don't fit my big ass head.
^This. Completely and totally. Never been a fan of hats, cause most don't fit me. And most of the time I just wear my hair back in a ponytail.

riotwraith

May 27, 2010
If it's cold I'll pull the hood up on a hoody, and if the sun is just beating down on me in the summer (like it is every day right now) I'll put on one of those big floppy hats you can't even try on in the store without saying something stupid like "G'day mate. Let's put some shrimp on the barbie and then go box some kangaroos!".

I don't ever wear hats just for fashion, though. Partly because I just don't like hats, and partly because my head is kind of a weird size. The largest fitted hat you'll ever find in regular sized store is just barely too small for me.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I'm not a hat person, and I'm going to broadcast this to everyone:

Trilbies and Fedoras all look ridiculous. No matter who you are, what you look like, or how shapely your head is.

GET RID OF THEM.

Jughead

May 21, 2009
In the winter I normally wear a Russian hat and if I go out at night I either wear a viking helmet or a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle mask of Leonardo, basically just because he was the most awesome turtle.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Radeonx said:
I wear fedoras, baseball caps, and sombreros.
And fedoras are different from trilbies.
Thank God! At least someone knows the difference. I'm a White Trilby fan myself, and I have an xkcd black hat guy pin on it. Not only for the irony, but also to give people who get it an insight into what fictional character I'm like.

Woodsey said:
I'm not a hat person, and I'm going to broadcast this to everyone:

Trilbies and Fedoras all look ridiculous. No matter who you are, what you look like, or how shapely your head is.

GET RID OF THEM.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!

tlozoot

Feb 8, 2010
I really want to reference my 8 trilby hats, but it'd probably just make me look like a Yahtzee wannabe.

I was wearing them before Zero Punctuation dammit! (As I'm sure he was too....but w/e.)

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
lilmisspotatoes said:
My Hellsing cap (which has several pins on it, and gains more steadily) is my headwear when I have to walk to work.

My... I don't know what to call it, but driver's cap seems to fit; anyway, that's my 'going out and doing stuff' hat.

And my kitty ears are for 'whenever the hell I feel like being cute'. Which is all the time lately.
Finally, someone else with kitty ears! Do you ever get comments about being a furry? I never wear mine anymore because my friends make fun of me.

I most prefer just my hair, but if it's cold I wear beanies. And I like hoods too, when I want to feel like a ninja. In summer, I wear a floppy black hat. It looks less silly than it sounds, I swear.