What historical famous person do you hate?

Feb 14, 2008
To get more esoteric, whoever started the "Not to Nuclear Power" movement.
Pick a prophet from Torah/Bible/Qur'an and I'll probably find something detestable about them...
But I tend to not hate historic people, because they already did the world a favour. By passing away.
Yes, if you deducted from the above statement that I loathe, hate and detest humanity, then have yourself a cookie :):)

lolandrew4

Nov 19, 2009
Pope Urban 2, started the Crusades, actually I resend that I would say... Attila of the Huns

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Mechanix said:
Back in the days, what are some very famous people, those that stand out, do you hate?

For me, I just can't stand General George Patton. The guy is a total prick and one of the most closed-minded people ever to exist. He would kick soldiers out of hospitals for shell shock, because he didn't understand that not everyone loved war and killing Germans like him. He lived for war, nothing else was interesting to him. That's a pretty sick person in my book. This would never be tolerated in today's military.

He even made some dumb speech, which is probably the most unmotivating speech I've ever read. It basically said "You are all here to fight, and kill krauts. You will do this without question. Go do it, sons-of-bitches." Gee, thanks George, that sure motivated the troops. That they are just slaves here to do your dirty work, awesome.
This is a sad fact. Basically everything you dislike about him are reasons I think we need someone like him in the modern military. He had the proper attitude (though his ego was a tad big) and knew what he was doing. He was everything a general should be and more.

PS: being closed minded isn't always a bad thing, it can block stupid things from entering your mind.

BANME111111

Jul 21, 2008
Albert Einstein invented the atomic bomb that was responsible for killing many innocent people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki :mad:

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
BioRage1920 said:
Albert Einstein invented the atomic bomb that was responsible for killing many innocent people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki :mad:
he didn't invent it, he had the influence needed to convince the president an atom bomb was possible. Besides, it was the A-bombs or we could've been slaughtered invading Japan causing many times the deaths. In the end the A-bombs saved lives.

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
chandgrit said:
darwin.
he must pay for allowing disney christmas carol barbie christmas carol ect.
Wait...

If you're referring to the "Christmas Carol" adaptations, shouldn't you be talking about Dickens instead of Darwin?

SilentVirus

Jul 23, 2009
Joseph Stalin
Adolf Hitler
Josef Mengele
Leon Trotsky (I just dont like him)
Suddam Hussein
Osama Bin Laden

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
Mechanix said:
Back in the days, what are some very famous people, those that stand out, do you hate?

For me, I just can't stand General George Patton. The guy is a total prick and one of the most closed-minded people ever to exist. He would kick soldiers out of hospitals for shell shock, because he didn't understand that not everyone loved war and killing Germans like him. He lived for war, nothing else was interesting to him. That's a pretty sick person in my book. This would never be tolerated in today's military.

He even made some dumb speech, which is probably the most unmotivating speech I've ever read. It basically said "You are all here to fight, and kill krauts. You will do this without question. Go do it, sons-of-bitches." Gee, thanks George, that sure motivated the troops. That they are just slaves here to do your dirty work, awesome.
Okay look, most people are going to say Hitler right? This I don't get. Didn't Stalin have over 3 times killed in his Gulag's by overworking them? You know, the whole making the horse into glue after breaking him in Animal Farm by Orsen Wells. So why does everyone say Hitler? I mean, I'll give him #2 spot...but the worst. By pure numbers....hands down. And if you don't think it was partly due to racism, look at how many Ukranians were killed.

Different forms of torture used in either case...but torture, death, mass and selective killings and the destruction of the history of many families existance. Lots more people got these same treatments...thats pretty bad.

APPCRASH

Mar 30, 2009
Mechanix said:

You just don't get it, and you never will.

SirDoom

Sep 8, 2009
Excluding the obvious...

Douglas MacArthur
Alexander Hamilton
Harry J. Anslinger
...and many more!

Purple Shrimp

Oct 7, 2008
Samcanuck said:
Mechanix said:

Okay look, most people are going to say Hitler right? This I don't get. Didn't Stalin have over 3 times killed in his Gulag's by overworking them? You know, the whole making the horse into glue after breaking him in Animal Farm by Orsen Wells. So why does everyone say Hitler? I mean, I'll give him #2 spot...but the worst. By pure numbers....hands down. And if you don't think it was partly due to racism, look at how many Ukranians were killed.

Different forms of torture used in either case...but torture, death, mass and selective killings and the destruction of the history of many families existance. Lots more people got these same treatments...thats pretty bad.
Because the number of deaths isn't the only way to measure how much of a jerk a ruler was?

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
Numb1lp said:
I want to know who made weed legal.
Legal? Like in Amsterdam?

Or illegal. Look towards the cotton industry for that one (and then take a look at all hemp could help us with. Resources, clothes, energy, pulp, trade. Fast growing plant, and oh so versitile, right.