What if Goat Simulator Was an MMO? Free Expansion Coming

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
What if Goat Simulator Was an MMO? Free Expansion Coming

<youtube=WAm5yxQA_HY>​
Coffee Stain Studios shows us rogue goats on a fantasy warpath in a free expansion to Goat Simulator.

Coffee Stain Studios will release a free expansion to Goat Simulator [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/goat%20simulator], transforming the game into an MMO, the developer announced today.

Goat Simulator is a comedic game that released in April this year that allowed players to play as a goat with in-game physics bugs promised as features. Like other massively multiplayer games, Goat MMO Simulator has different classes, quests, faction warfare with the sheep, and "even elves and dwarves like in that movie."

Goats can be one of the following five classes: "Warrior, Rouge [sic], Magician, Hunter, and Microwave." Yes, microwave. In the trailer, there is actually a microwave on attached to a pair of legs, gracefully running through the grass.

With "MMO simulation so good you'll think it's real," as Coffee Stain Studios states, Goat MMO Simulator has a level cap of 101 - "1 level higher than you-know-what."

[gallery=3521]

The goofy simulator launched on April 1 and a 1.1 patch launched later to add multiplayer. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133554-Goat-Simulator-Adding-Multiplayer-and-More] The MMO expansion is a part of the 1.2 patch.

Goat MMO Simulator will launch on Nov. 20 as free downloadable content through Steam for people who already own Goat Simulator on PC.

Source: Goat MMO Simulator [http://store.steampowered.com/app/331380/]

moosemaimer

Apr 14, 2011
And here I was excited for Far Cry 4 this week. Good thing I have a long vacation coming up.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
When I thought that game couldn't get any dumber - it's gets even dumber.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
When I thought that game couldn't get any more awesome - they go ahead and make it even more awesome!

I still love this game.

Bahhhhhh

emanresu2

Sep 26, 2014
And no. This doesn't mean it'll get actual online multilayer in case there are still people who don't understand that it'll never happen.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
The best part of this? Someone, somewhere, will unironically powergrind it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Heh, who need the Dovahkiin when you got a goat! Still I wanted to see the "anime" setting, Goat senpai!

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Does it have a 6-hour wait time before you can connect to the servers? Because if not, then it's going to be a sub-par MMO simulation. Still though... one more level than what I'm getting with my current experience... might be worth the trade-off.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
emanresu2 said:
And no. This doesn't mean it'll get actual online multilayer in case there are still people who don't understand that it'll never happen.
get with the times, people want offline modes for their multiplayer games now

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
That's just plain funny, I might have to look at getting the game at some point now.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
As the old saying goes, "Its not stupid. Its Advanced". And boy, is this a clear advancement on the modern day MMo formula. Gone are the days of copypasta hot-key based combat!

But in all seriousness, im glad this joke didnt die out. Goat Simulator will always be one of my favorite titles, because it represents everything good in gaming. You dont need Triple-A graphics, sound design or script writing to create something fun and enjoyable. You just need will to make something people will have fun playing.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Best part is, people are still going to find ways to complain about a free expansion. I never got the game to begin with because it didn't seem like there was enough content to justify the purchase. Now, maybe there is.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
RedDeadFred said:
Best part is, people are still going to find ways to complain about a free expansion.
In fairness, if they're complaining about Microwave, it's justified. Microwave is sooooo OP.