What if Saints Row 3, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, and MW3 (if you're still into that) turn out to be bad?

zfactor

Jan 16, 2010
I would be very sad if ME3 was bad, but I am not really sure how Saint's row 3 can be bad. From what I have seen, it is pretty much SR2 with better graphics and more vehicles and I still play SR2 A LOT.

obscuredlimits

Sep 1, 2010
ecoho said:
obscuredlimits said:
I already have my doubts about Mass Effect 3. I have great love for the series, as epic an adventure in storytelling as has ever been seen in video games, but several times they have went on record as saying that they are trying to open Mass Effect 3 up to a wider audience. Should they decide to take out any more RPG elements, they might as well call it a regular plain jane shooter with a story. and then my fury at EA shall be complete.
ok man dont lose hope the RPG elements wont change anymore then they have from mass effect 2(IE for the better:) they say theyre making it more open and by that they mean there will most likely be a tutorial or something like that. and if your discouraged by the previews remember they have to show the action so they dont spoil the story.
I havent given up entirely, but some of the press releases have made me extremely nervous. I'm sure that the story will stay good, as the framework is in place, and they would have to essentially jump on the keyboard for a few hours without looking at the screen to mess it up. But I always look at the other side as well.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I will be annoyed a bit if Mass Effect 3 is bad I guess. The other games I only care very little about. Then I would go and play more Dead Island! Also Skyward Sword.

DanteLives

Sep 1, 2011
MW3 is condemned to failure. It's just another hastily made reskin of MW2 and BO. But the reviews will be so absurdly high because the reviewers have a "sweet tooth" for franchises that should be given the chop.

Howlingwolf214

Dec 28, 2008
If Skyrim turns out to be rubbish I will place it atop a funeral pyre and quietly cry as the flames burn higher

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
SR3 - Big whoop, was disappointed by 2
ME3 - Epic nerdraeg
Skyrim - Meh, was never too impressed with TES-series.
MW3 - Oh my god, I am SO shocked! I had NO idea this would happen! (/Sarcasm)

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
JochemDude said:
Somehow I have a feeling ME3 is going to be bad. I mean look how the studio does things now (nods at Dragon Age 2). I hope it isn't but Dragon Age 2 wasn't supposed to be bad neither.
it wasn't bad it was just bad for bioware.....also that was a case of bioware getting rushed by EA and i think they've learned their lesson as ME3 has been pushed back three times cause bioware didnt think it was ready so have hope they dont want to piss us off again:)

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
IF SKYRIM IS BAD: It's a sign of the apocalypse.
IF MASS EFFECT 3 IS BAD: It's a sign of the apocalypse.
IF BOTH ARE BAD: Rocks fall. You know the damn result.

Mauso88

A Simply Dignified Manly Man.
Feb 3, 2011
Then Skyrim, MW3 and SR3 (I won't be buying ME3) shall be traded in for WoW pre-paid cards and my already bountiful cynicism shall overflow and drown whatever hope I once had that any good games will ever be made again.

Or, I'll try BF3 instead. :>

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
I doubt SR3 will be bad unless they seriously screw up the controls or something.

I have somewhat lowered expectations for ME3 after the second one.

I don't really care about Skyrim or MW3.

But in any case, it will only be a disappointment. I don't plan to buy either SR3 or ME3 until I've tried them.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
I'd probably keep playing them, trying to force myself into thinking they're good while going online and raging against people who say they suck.

And you know you'd do it too at some point.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
I think deal is that all of those thinks you mentioned are new IP. We expected them to be better--at least I did--and they weren't. I mean they hyped the hell out of Brink and it turned out to be shit. Same goes for Homefront. They weren't bad games--I played them both--they just weren't as good as they were made out to be. People were disappointed. Now if it had been like Homefront 5: Modern Warfare I am sure it would have sold better...

RemuValtrez

Sep 14, 2011
I have to say that I would find it hard for a game like Skyrim to disappoint me. But then again, I still play and love Oblivion after all of these years. If anything, I'd probably force myself to think I like it, as I spent $150 on the Collector's Edition.

But as I said, Bethesda would have to try very hard to disappoint me when it comes to Skyrim. Looking forward to that game sooooo much!

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
If Skyrim turned out to be bad, I think I'd cry. I've been waiting on it since it was announced and I'm away to be blowing £129.99 on it. So yeah if it sucked.. I'd die a little inside.
^
That in a way, not the crying part. It's a game, not the holy grail (I KNOW ITS THE HOLY GRAIL ALLRIGHT!? THE REST OF TEH NON-SKYRIMPLAYERS DONT KNOW!.... erm.. WEll you get my point on perspective right?)

But they won't turn out -bad-. The possibility excists that we hype ourselves up and promise OURSELVES things that are not there, or imagine things prettier then they really are. It's called good PR. But the games won't be -bad-.

Bad games have no fun, creativity, challenge, lessons to learn etc. And I am kinda confident that we will be entertained, perhaps a bit less then we hoped for, but we'll be entertained in the long run.