What if Saints Row 3, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, and MW3 (if you're still into that) turn out to be bad?

WrathOfAchilles

May 20, 2009
Then I'll just play other stuff. However I don't believe mass effect, skyrim, or saints row could turn out badly as none are original ideas. All the companies have previous work to build off of. As for MW3 I don't care. They have tons of previous work so it can't really go wrong either.

Silenttalker22

Dec 21, 2010
Wayneguard said:
Was Brink really bad? I was under the impression that it just failed to live up to the hype but was still perfectly playable.
Silly, everyone knows if a hyped game doesn't end up redefining the genre and play like a controller-operated BJ and shower you with pure endorphins, while telling you that your parents are proud of you, means it's a total failure.

Nerd rage is funny. People talking about how much ME2 sucked is just comical.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
Just to get it over with, here's my opinion in a nutshell: SR will probably fall flat on it's face like the last two games, ME3 I could care less about, Skyrm I could REALLY care less about, and ME3 will get an initial high rating by all the first-night buyers, pretty much every American Southern Christian Republican, the FPS addicts, and the CoD addicts, and then the rest of the world will play the game and recognize it as shit, but IW still won't recognize it as shit, because they can still market endless copies of the game to the "AMERICA, WOOOO!" crowd. And I don't just say this because Good 'Ole New York is a battle site.

What I'm really concerned about are Halo 4 and AC: Revelations. Both of those games have a LOT of potential to make sure that both series (both very excellently made and maintained... except for ODST) carry long into the future, but if they fail, it could spell the end for their respective developers. Halo fans would pointlessly flock back to Bungie, and Ubisoft... let's face it, AC was really the only thing that Ubi has going for it, unless everyone suddenly decides that the HoMaM games are actually good.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
It's happened before, and I just get disappointed, sell the game through Amazon or something usually and focus on finding a better game.

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
They can be disappointing for me. I wouldn't call them bad. For example, Dragon Age 2 was disappointing because they changed the gameplay drastically. The returning characters, (specifically Anders) turned a complete 180 on their personalities. Although Merrill did have one for the better. All in all, it wasn't a bad game. Just too much focus on button-mashing combat.

At the worst, the only way I would dislike Skyrim is if it crashed constantly, or pulled off an EA and changed everything I liked from the previous game and told me I have to pay them $50 per day and give them access to my personal belongings to play it.

(Over-exaggerated, I know. Don't get mad, fanboys)

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Saints Row 3 won't be bad for the simple fact its just tool for you to wreck shit up. Only way it could be bad is by locking you in a white room where you can't do anything.
Of course the new CoD game is going to be bad,*in my opinion* because of the team working on it.
Skyrim, if bad, is just going to be bad. Bethesda can only make REALLY good or REALLY bad games. Skyrim is basically their new engine showcase, where next year a new game running on that engine will be released.

Other then that, I am personally STOKED for Saints Row the Third.

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
My bet is MW3 and BF3 will flop hard, SR3 will be underrated because of all the hype and Skyrim will be carried on by fans "halo-style".

OT, I'm not actually hyped up for any of those at all, even though Red Orchestra 2's demo disappointed me quite a bit. So I guess I'll pretty much stick to TF2, TW:Shogun and Tropico 3(maybe buy 4) untill something really big comes out.

UnderCoverGuest

May 24, 2010
NOOOOOOO! SAINTS ROW 3 WILL NOT BE BAAAAAD!!

But Skyrim and MW3 will suck of course. And where's mention of Battlefield 3? Or more importantly--

ARMA III !!!!!!!

Suicideking

Oct 28, 2009
Meh. Then I get burned for buying a game on day one. Has happened before, will happen again. Part of the thrill of getting something brand spankin' new.

Lewin Arador

Nerevarine
Jan 2, 2008
Wait, the Space Marine demo was bad? I had really low hopes for the game, so maybe that helped the demo impress me. I thought it was really fun though.

Anyway, if Skyrim and Battlefield 3 (so many 3's) suck, then I guess I'll play some more Demon's/Dark Souls, and once it's out, The Old Republic. If TOR sucks, then I'll just play my backlog of games.

Meep.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Wayneguard said:
Was Brink really bad? I was under the impression that it just failed to live up to the hype but was still perfectly playable. I really hope that's the case because I really want to play it when I upgrade PCs. I hope it still has some semblance of an online community when that time comes...
Not living up to expectations is the same as being a piece of crap in the gaming world. there's a reason most games get 7-10 ratings where 7 is a boring pile of crap and 10 is awesome.

OT: saints Row will rock and if it doesn't I will be in denial and still think it rocks.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
If these new games suck I can always get old ones. Hell, I've still got a Metroid and, a few Zelda games to play. There will always be something for me to play. As for Mass Effect though, the third will have to be a turd of Superman 64 caliber for me to not finish two games worth of plot and, loose ends at least once.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
If Skyrim's bad, I will have a badly damaged PS3 and a very agonised Bethesda. But it won't. It will be a masterpiece. I know this. I'm not brimming with hopes for Mass Effect 3 after the news that they're trying to make it appeal to more people, but less hype will probably make me enjoy it more when I get it. And it only seems to be people that hated ME2 that don't think it'll be good, and I loved ME2, so there's hope. I'm not sure if I'll be getting Saints Row 3, I've only got the first one and haven't come close to finishing it yet, the story missions are too damn frustrating. Modern Warfare 3 can suck a horse's dick. No offence to fans.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Well, for most of them, I won't mind. But if Saints is bad, I don't know what I'd do. I mean...I guess I could hawk it back to Gamestop, fast as I could, and remind myself that there will still be Arkham City and Ass Creed Rev to be hopeful about. And if those are bad as well, then at least I have Infamous 2 as the most amazing game this year (thus far).