What if Saints Row 3, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, and MW3 (if you're still into that) turn out to be bad?

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I have so many games on my "anticipation list",that Hell will freeze over if all of them will turn out bad.

A few of them are: Skyrim,Batman Arkham City,Mass Effect 3,Diablo 3 etc.

May 5, 2010
Saints Row 3 and MW3- Don't care.

ME3, Skyrim- Naturally I would be disappointed. Not really sure what you're lookin' for on that one.

As for why I'm hyped...I played the previous ME games and Oblivion. And I liked them. And I know what's been changed between each game, so I have a pretty good idea of what to expect. The three games you listed as disappoints were newcomers, none of which I got hyped about or played. Not that I'm NEVER up for a new IP, but those ones don't interest me. Pretty simple.

Also, I feel I should mention that one random game doing badly does not somehow effect another random game's chances of doing badly as well. Just thought it was worth pointing out.

Thamian

Sep 3, 2008
Since only one of the games mentioned I actually care about, I'm just going to say this: Mass Effect 3 will be good. The story and writing will be good.

The only question is whether they'll have finally gotten the balance between RPG and shooter right (ME1 I'll concede was a bit too weighty on the former, but between the asinine 'press space to super glue yourself to the piece of cover nearest you' thing and brutal harrowing the old fashioned RPG elements got (resulting for example taking Tali who in the first game was an incarnation of the Angel of Death and turning her into something completely bloody useless), ME2 definately cam down way too heavily on the shooter side).

From what they've said, they might have gotten it right this time. Either way however I've reserving judgement until it's out. I want it to be good. I want it to be the resounding climax to what is (to me atleast) one of the greatest masterpieces the games industry has ever produced. Considering BioWare's track record, I sincerely doubt that it's going to mis-step hard enough to stop that from happening.

But until I play, I won't believe. No matter how much I want to.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
I'll throw my Ps3 out the window, kick my dog, quit my job, murder my girlfriend, burn down my house, then scream until my lungs run out of air and I die.

But that won't happen.

Mass Effect 3 will be good. After ME1, then it's follow up-- BioWare would sooner blow up their studio then produce a shitty finale to their beloved trilogy. It'll be good.

Oh and I don't care much for Bethesda and their bug-fests. They lost me at Oblivion. :/

And MW3 will be alright, I'm sure. I'll just be playing it for the multiplayer with my friends, anyway. :) Not sure you can really screw up the CoD formula. If it's not broken don't fix it.

All these games are coming off of tried and true formulas. A lot of the flops were new titles. I'm not expecting gigantic changes in the formulas. I don't WANT gigantic changes. I want enhancements, tweaks, fixes, and the furthering of story. I want my Mass Effect 3. I want to finish the story of my Shepard.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
I guess we could look outside of the box into some smaller, more indie games. After all, why do they not deserve our attention just because they lack a big, gaudy advertising campaign?

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Nah. Don't know or particularly care much about any of them except Skyrim, and everything I've seen so far has been awesome.

Also, the Space Marine demo was pretty great, actually. Not HOLY SHIT AWESOME, but good enough that I'll definitely be picking it up when the price drops a bit. And Brink was meh but not terrible.

meowchef

Oct 15, 2009
None of those games will be anywhere remotely close to bad, so as far as these games go, its pretty irrelevant.

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
Skyrim I am not sure if I will like it but I am damm sure I will love Saints Row 3, when it comes to BF3 and MW3 I know they will both be horrible so I don't care and I already played Halo CE and Hallo annyversary so I will now what I am going to get.

I guess that if the games end up being bad I will play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of pripyat, I found this mod that is still under development that according to the creator is 9GB ( the original game is 6GB I think).

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
What if Skyrim is shit?
Don't worry, it won't be.
Bu-
But what if it is, you ask?
We've seen gameplay footage; it's awesome.
But just what if -
lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

In case that didn't make my answer clear, I would go into denial and play it anyway. It won't be though. I promise you that.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Considering I probably won't play MW3 until 2013 at the earliest? No big loss there.

As to Mass Effect 3, I'm honestly expecting it to be bad... so... eh...

Saints Row 3? I'd be really disappointed.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Skyrim: Not possible (Seriously!)

Mass Effect 3: Well...that ending sucked (It wont though)

Modern Warfare 3: I always knew it (Not buying it)

Saints Row 3: That cannot be possbile, if it did suck (which it wont), I would march to Volition and DEMAND A REMAKE!

Exept for Modern Warfare 3, those games will be awesome!

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Well, I happen to know a girl who knows a guy who works for EA, so if Mass Effect 3 is bad, my first response will be to find him and burn his house down. Then I would work my way up the chain of command, doing progressively more horrible things to them.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
The only Reason that Mass Effect 3 could fail would be due to Origin Requirement. If its in there, i wouldnt buy it. Doesnt mean the Game fails though, just means i wont be buying it personally. However after seeing that they made the first two Games very good, granted maybe not the Holy Grail many expected but still very good Games, i doubt the third Installment would fail in that regard. It will still be a good Game.

Saints Row 3, well what i have seen of it, its basicly Saints Row 2 turned up to eleven. So since i liked the second one alot, and as long as the third one wont have as weird Issues with Hardware Hunger, i doubt it will fail at all. The only thing they could do is basicly go so crazy that it gets utterly ridiculous, but even if that happens you can still play it and just laugh at how ridiculous it is.

Not interested in the other Games personally. I might get Skyrim in case ME3 has the Origin requirement, but other than that, i dont really see a Reason to get any of the Games that will be coming relatively soon.

Jaymei Phoenix

Aug 5, 2011
Skyrim & MW3 are built on a solid enough foundation to know how they're going to turn out. This makes your point moot.
A lot of people complain that MW3 is just going to be MW2 with updated graphics and a continuation/ conclusion to the story, the same as MW2 was for the original Modern Warfare. They say this like it's a bad thing, but to me it's good to know I'll enjoy the game.
Strange that you never hear the same about The Elder Scrolls, even though it's just as appropriate there. In fact, they need to bring back some of the mechanics from Daggerfall, which was the first I played...

If the unthinkable DID happen, then there's always Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Lego Harry Potter, Arkham City, WWE '12, FIFA12 etc. There's plenty at the end of the year to keep everyone amused.