What if Saints Row 3, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, and MW3 (if you're still into that) turn out to be bad?

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
If Skyrim was bad, then clearly I have horribly offended some deity for such a thing to happen, and I would promptly sacrifice a goat to appease said deity(s).

Mass Effect? Ehh, i'd shrug and go 'oh well'. I'm not a huge fan of the series. And I'm pretty sure Mass Effect 2 was the last game i've repeatedly had to yell curse words at(mostly because of the bugs), so maybe my opinion is a little sour.. ohh, to count the times i've had to yell "i hate this game, i hate this game, i hate this f**king game!!! D:<" (seriously, why have I never heard anyone talk about how horribly annoying/borderline gamebreaking some of the bugs are in that game???)

Aaand the rest, never got into, so wouldn't care anyway

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
I dont plan on getting Saints, I'll be disappointed in ME3 but I'll just play Arkham City again((why does that game always get excluded from everything?)), indifferent about Skyrim, and I'll have Gears of War 3 to fall back on if I dont like MW3.

Mikkelet

Mar 19, 2009
Then I'd wait for Guild Wars 2 - after seeing all the gameplay vids from Gamescon and PAX, I think it's pretty fail-proof!

xAFROMANx

Dec 5, 2009
i'm expecting MW3 to be bad (personal taste issue), skyrim i'm still on the fence about and mass effect looks like similar enough to be fun.

Tich

Aug 13, 2008
Saints Row The Third be bad? Have people actually seen the trailers for this game. It can't be bad. The universe would collapse in on itself.

Sam Leighton

Feb 18, 2011
The only people who'll get disappointed by the AAA games coming out this year are possibly Skyrim or Battlefield fans, not because those games will suck but because people expect way more from them. Everyone knows MW3 will be indistinguishable from MW2 and Black Ops. ME3 and SR3 might change a bit but they'll be largely identical to the prequels. I actually think Space Marine will be good but I love 40k and I didn't really expect it to be much more than a fun, shallow shooter set in the 40k universe.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I'll be really, really dissapointed if Skyrim is bad. It would have to be very something very mysterious though as all the coverage looks awesome so far. I'm under no illusion that it will be 'perfect' but I massively enjoyed Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3 and they weren't exactly perfect either.

Brink is actually great fun but when they started out they had put the AI to do silly things so the game was easier on hard and harder on easy. Most people didn't wait around for them to patch it. Which is fair enough.

razerdoh

Nov 10, 2009
people would gather up Pitchforks and torches and go after the publishers, since the devs are great devs the only people to blame is the publishers!

FateOrFatality

Mar 27, 2010
If Skyrim was bad? I'd probably cry first, because I've been waiting around five years for it.

Then I'd mod the shit out of it, and make it good.

PonceyMcTosserFaic

Jul 30, 2011
If Saint's Row 3 sucks, oh well. If MW3 sucks, well Multiplayer is gonna suck (big surprise) but if single player sucks also then i will be slightly disheartened. BUT MASS EFFECT 3? SUCK? SURELY YOU JEST!!!

Viirin

Jul 30, 2011
Myself and a few other modders that have worked on all TES games already know full well that once the game comes out we'll be busy making mods to fix the game to make it playable. We, and by "we" I mean "I", am just hoping for the game to RUN SEAMLESSLY WITH GOOD FPS (frames per second) so we only have to fix other things. With Oblivion we had to retexture and remesh absolutely everything because Todd didn't ensure that the graphics only used as many polygons as they needed to look good- all art had to be redone nearly from scratch, not to mention other stuff.

First mod I'm doing for Skyrim is toning down the Havoc engine. In the vids we've seen for it so far, monsters don't fly 20 feet in the air because they got hit with a lightning bolt. In oblivion it was non-immersive too- if you pick up a plate on a table, every item on the table jumps up an inch and falls over. Sorry I ranted again, but then again, I'm long-winded.

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
Saints Row 3 and Skyrim being fail would be slightly dissapointing.
Nothing of value would be lost imo if Mass Effect 3 wasn't great.
And I'm confused as to why you say "IF" Modern Warfare 3 will suck >.>

At the moment I'd be the most upset if Minecraft 1.8, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Kingdom Hearts 3d or Megaten: Devil Survivor 2 turned out bad :/

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Well, first off, if I waste all that money on all those games and they all turn out like shit I will...

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I'm not actually going to play any of these, although I might get Skyrim once the price goes down a little. On the other hand, all of Nintendo's major releases...I'll probably wait on them too, but I'd really hate to see Nintendo's handheld winning streak lose to the Vita, and their final Wii offerings really, really have to be a swansong rather than the last death gurgle. It would really suck otherwise...

Gluzzbung

Nov 28, 2009
Turigamot said:
Bethesda has a good track record with Open-World RPGs. I am void of doubt.
Did you actually play any of Tes? Utter trash! The visuals are about as appealing as Mars bar coated in Manure, that gameplay was buggy and the quests were just variations on go here, hit this, the dungeons should be included in a dungeon crawler and so are not fit for anyone who doesn't like said games and the overall story (admittedly this a problem for all Bethsda games) has the depth and interest as a brick in a jam jar.