What is/are your worst fear(s)?

mussics

Aug 11, 2011
Thugs . been mugged off once , don't want it again , but if it happens , i swear i'll knock him the fuck out ( if it's only one )

Pipsquid

Mar 25, 2010
Spiders. Oh, and hights. But not the high itself, just the though of the balcony breaking and me falling. If it's a really high window, I have no problem.

duncants

Dec 11, 2010
Pain and any kind of action that is likely result in pain. Also dying, not death only dying.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
The-Epicly-Named-Man said:
Edit; Oh yeah, and heights. It's not the falling part, it's the fear that I'll get the thought to jump off and act on it... Yeah, that is pretty irrational.
This. So much this.

I actually did a 233m bungee-jump once, afterwards I had so much adrenaline rushing through my body that half of me genuinely wanted to jump right off that bridge again, bungee-rope or no bungee-rope, haven't ever felt that terrified and exhilarated.

The moment right after you jump and you realize "I just jumped off a bridge!" and before you realize "I have a bungee-rope attached to my feet!" is also pretty freaking terrifying.

lionday

Jun 21, 2011
Heights yes well i more get nervous.
But i'm more scarred of a big looming presence that i can see glimpses of that i know is malicious and coming for me. So college. but i find things like that scare me the most.

Your Artful Wombat

Aug 21, 2011
The thought of disappointing anybody, or them seeing me badly.
I always try to be polite and kind to people, but I spent so many years away from others that I don't know how to act sometimes.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Keepeas said:
Umm...myself...yeah.
I'm scared of myself and what I could do at any given moment.
This comic kind of explains it:

Also, initiating conversation...maybe that's just a hate...
Oh my god. I didn't know other people did that. *hugs*.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
These..

I hate them. Chitin. Crusty rough looking shell creeps me out, the smaller ones i can deal with easily, but these? These are monstrous! The sound i imagine when its limbs rub together... eugh.

Flux07

Oct 19, 2008
Moths and Butterflies, its not the look of them I hate, it's the way they fly, it just scares me... also I am scared of spiders... but what makes it worse is seeing those flying 'spiders' also known as crayflies or daddy-long-legs. Ew that just mixed two of my greatest fears together.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Needles and arachnids. Though with the needles, it's primarily taking blood rather than injecting something. Sensation of suction that seems to do it, apparently. Faint every time.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
Heights, actually.

I hate spiders and snakes and bugs and deep water and clowns and all that other shit but heights fuck me over the most.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
standokan said:
most of all death, oblivion, nothingness.
Arcanz said:
I'm going to be incredibly boring but honest, and nothing scares me more than death. I can live with everything else, but complete oblivion scares me shitless...
Its funny, this is a popular answer but the idea of oblivion is more comforting to me than an afterlife as oblivion keeps things relatively simple, you live then you die, sure I sometimes have a problem with the idea that someday it will all end but why fear something I can by definition never experience?

As for me my biggest fears can all be described by the word failure, right now that means failure to get a job and be able to contribute my fair share economically to my marriage (only two years away :D)

JKain

Mar 15, 2011
An irrational,pathetic fear of great white's since i was a kid (living in central europe without an ocean)
my fantasy still makes that fear appear to some degree even if i'm diving in the Mediterranean Sea f.e.

I usally get rid of fears by confronting them, so one day i want to get in a shark-cage to do just that.

Also Hornets - despite them always beeing sort of laid back and unaggressive usually (unlike wasps) - their appearance and sound when flying still get to me.

but that's about...
BiscuitTrouser said:
These..

I hate them. Chitin. Crusty rough looking shell creeps me out, the smaller ones i can deal with easily, but these? These are monstrous! The sound i imagine when its limbs rub together... eugh.
WHAT THE..........*stares for 5min, mouth open without moving a single muscle on my face*...
Okaaaaaayyyyy........and THAT THING!!!!! :O

standokan

May 28, 2009
Vault Citizen said:
standokan said:
most of all death, oblivion, nothingness.

Its funny, this is a popular answer but the idea of oblivion is more comforting to me than an afterlife as oblivion keeps things relatively simple, you live then you die, sure I sometimes have a problem with the idea that someday it will all end but why fear something I can by definition never experience?
It's not as much oblivion as just not existing anymore, having your consciensce just being erased entirely.

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
Fish hooks and Uzi's. Not, like, Sub-machine Guns in general, just Uzi's make me nervous.