what is "that weapon or powerup" that pisses you off

mrmooninnod

Aug 22, 2011
for the record this is basically any weapon or powerup that you do your best to avoid and the powerup that takes away your weapon doesn't count

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Pretty much the Sniper Rifle in any multiplayer game.
Shotguns I can deal with.
Anything else I can deal with.

But I wish unholy firey hell demons on snipers.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
The fucking Backburner.

The weapon has almost no downsides, it's pretty much a direct upgrade of the flamethrower, and it inflicts more damage and has a 100% crit rate from behind.

Don't tell me that the airblast is a downside, the Backburner couldn't airblast before and now it can. No one airblasts anyway, and metal is so abundant on any map.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
TheYellowCellPhone said:
The fucking Backburner.

The weapon has almost no downsides, it's pretty much a direct upgrade of the flamethrower, and it inflicts more damage and has a 100% crit rate from behind.

Don't tell me that the airblast is a downside, the Backburner couldn't airblast before and now it can. No one airblasts anyway, and metal is so abundant on any map.

"No one airblasts anyway" - Lol, Most, if not all pyros that aren't W-M1 chargers use airblasts constantly as utility.

The downside of the backburner? It's not the degreaser. Please, use the standard du jour to assess a sidegrade rather than sticking to vanillas.

The Ubersaw is the standard Medic melee,
Degreaser is the standard thrower,
EQ is standard soldier melee,
Sandvich is standard Heavy secondary

And there are a few more.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:

But nothing is more satisfying on Bad Company 2 than watching your bullet quickly and gracefully fall into the cranium of an unaware soldier. Especially when they run into the bullet. That is almost enough to warrant sexual arousal. Okay, not quite, but it's up there.

I know this doesn't really count, but it's all I've got at the moment. In BlazBlue, Tager's fucking magnetism. I know I shouldn't complain, he's low tier, it's just a testament to how much I suck, but when you're magnetized, every attack brings you closer to the character, and Tager is fucking huge on his own, meaning if you're a small character with an average hitbox you actually can't fucking move without wasting a barrier burst, or tech-rolling through them, and then he can just twat you to the other side of the arena.

I. Hate. Tager.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Sean Hollyman said:

Hah! My Armour grants me a +5 Fire defense. You will have to do better than that. For me it would be knives in COD and BBC and BF.I hate how people can just run towards you, while ignoring all my bullets, then on kill me.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Dear Contra,
Fuck your shitty laser.
It can't hit anything and I wish for it to die in the blazing,torturous infinite,inferno within a deep layer of the dark Oblivion.
Your Friend,
Alphakirby

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Baneat said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
The fucking Backburner.

"No one airblasts anyway" - Lol, Most, if not all pyros that aren't W-M1 chargers use airblasts constantly as utility.

The downside of the backburner? It's not the degreaser. Please, use the standard du jour to assess a sidegrade rather than sticking to vanillas.

The Ubersaw is the standard Medic melee,
Degreaser is the standard thrower,
EQ is standard soldier melee,
Sandvich is standard Heavy secondary

And there are a few more.
I know, I love the Degreaser-Axetinguisher, it's what makes Pyro for me.

But I'm sick of all the Pyros who literally W+M1 with the Backburner, never doing anything but spraying and not airblasting. For every Degreaser or standard Flamethrower user, I literally run into maybe fifteen Backburners.

EDIT: I don't get angry by a Pyro airblast-reflecting me or Axetinguishing me, but nothing gets me in more of a pissboiling rage is seeing a Pyro with the Backburner do nothing but run forward and fire and somehow plow through an entire team.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
ChromaticWolfen said:
Sean Hollyman said:

Hah! My Armour grants me a +5 Fire defense. You will have to do better than that. For me it would be knives in COD and BBC and BF.I hate how people can just run towards you, while ignoring all my bullets, then one kill me. Soory. Double post.

lukeyk

Feb 10, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
The fucking Backburner.

My god >.> Are you kidding me? Seriously try playing with actually good people >.> If you don't air blast as a pyro then you are done for.
Airblast can:
Stop people from capturing
Stop ubercharges
Put team mates out (But why would I do this? Herpy derp. It also gives you a point)
Pushing stickies away from team sentrys.
Reflecting rockets and pipe bombs.
Pushing people off cliffs.
Stopping people from charging.
Stopping scouts from just bbeing able to double jump away from everyone.
Plus lets not forget fire airblast into a corner and then axetinguisher.

Other than all of that stuff it does nothing right?
And metal is abundant? Not quite enough for the multiple use of air blast.

And actually on topic I despise knife powerups (Super speed so they can just get next to you to knife you and such)

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
lukeyk said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
The fucking Backburner.

My god >.> Are you kidding me? Seriously try playing with actually good people >.> If you don't air blast as a pyro then you are done for.
Airblast can:
Stop people from capturing
Stop ubercharges
Put team mates out (But why would I do this? Herpy derp. It also gives you a point)
Pushing stickies away from team sentrys.
Reflecting rockets and pipe bombs.
Pushing people off cliffs.
Stopping people from charging.
Stopping scouts from just bbeing able to double jump away from everyone.
Plus lets not forget fire airblast into a corner and then axetinguisher.

Other than all of that stuff it does nothing right?
And metal is abundant? Not quite enough for the multiple use of air blast.

And actually on topic I despise knife powerups (Super speed so they can just get next to you to knife you and such)
That is why I don't like the Backburner PT 2. It's just the like the Cloak and Dagger, it supports bad play styles. A Pyro who appropriately uses an airblast can be just as good of a help as a Medic. It's a team weapon, whereas Backburner is more of a 'I just want to get kills' weapon.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Sean Hollyman said:

But nothing is more satisfying on Bad Company 2 than watching your bullet quickly and gracefully fall into the cranium of an unaware soldier. Especially when they run into the bullet. That is almost enough to warrant sexual arousal. Okay, not quite, but it's up there.

I know this doesn't really count, but it's all I've got at the moment. In BlazBlue, Tager's fucking magnetism. I know I shouldn't complain, he's low tier, it's just a testament to how much I suck, but when you're magnetized, every attack brings you closer to the character, and Tager is fucking huge on his own, meaning if you're a small character with an average hitbox you actually can't fucking move without wasting a barrier burst, or tech-rolling through them, and then he can just twat you to the other side of the arena.

I. Hate. Tager.
>DDs for more than half your health in one throw
>trollface.jpg

I played Tager because I lack the dedication for combo string memorization.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Sean Hollyman said:

I. Hate. Tager.
>trollface.jpg

You sir, are my worst enemy. Especially when I'm a learning Hazama player. That bastard is hard to play. Too much backpush on his attacks, not to mention I learned a load of combos, then patched my game to CS2 and none of them worked.

Do you have CS? Which console? It'd be fun to have a match some time. Unless you have a fight-stick...then I won't even try. Fighting games and joypads do not mix.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Sean Hollyman said:

I. Hate. Tager.
>trollface.jpg

You sir, are my worst enemy. Especially when I'm a learning Hazama player. That bastard is hard to play. Too much backpush on his attacks, not to mention I learned a load of combos, then patched my game to CS2 and none of them worked.

Do you have CS? Which console? It'd be fun to have a match some time. Unless you have a fight-stick...then I won't even try. Fighting games and joypads do not mix.
Joypad 360 AND PS3 player here. Sadly, I own neither anymore to a constant streams of getting my ass kicked by Japanese people online. I'm getting them again when I have the time to dedicate myself properly. Which is basically never. SKYRIM, BITCHES.

Also, you think YOU have joypad problems?

TRIPLE.
ROTATION.

Hell, I can't pull that off without a backstep-buffer input time. Always gave away my Astral...

Mr. 47

May 25, 2011
The invisibility augmentation in Human Revolution, just because it's hard to stop using it.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Sean Hollyman said:

I. Hate. Tager.
>trollface.jpg

Joypad 360 AND PS3 player here. Sadly, I own neither anymore to a constant streams of getting my ass kicked by Japanese people online. I'm getting them again when I have the time to dedicate myself properly. Which is basically never. SKYRIM, BITCHES.

Also, you think YOU have joypad problems?

TRIPLE.
ROTATION.

Hell, I can't pull that off without a backstep-buffer input time. Always gave away my Astral...
Some of the inputs are real unfriendly. Hazama's astral is a bit of a ***** to pull off in the heat of a situation. Gotta love his 2626B though, that is hilarious to punish with. I couldn't even do Tager's DD which is a 720. Hopefully getting a fight-stick for my 360 copy of Continuum Shift soon. A new version is coming out soon, Continuum Shift: Extended. Relius will be a playable character. BB almost has the same amount of versions as Guilty Gear now.

Still, if both of us can pull our arses off of Skyrim eventually, it'd be nice to have a match. Keep me posted good sir!

Vladeon

Jul 16, 2009
Mr. 47 said:
The invisibility augmentation in Human Revolution, just because it's hard to stop using it.
It's a lot easier if you keybind it to the F button since it's ridiculously difficult to walk forward and hit the f1 button at the same time.

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
Since no one else has said it, and i gotta be the CoD player here, GOD DAMN NOOB TUBES. When its the only weapon you can use, with stupid stuff like one man army, its just rage inducing.

Snipers in multiplayer 2. No matter what you i do, (i hard scope cause its whats supposed to be done) the little kid/whore/mlg wanna be will ***** nonstop, straning my ablity to hit select-mute.

Anyone else having WTF moments with the captchas.