What is the best Dragon Ball Z game out at the moment?

samnoxid

Nov 9, 2009
What it says on the tin. Console: Xbox 360.

I fancy playing a Dragon Ball Z game but there seems to be alot out. I played budokai 2 and 3, I think, years ago and i enjoyed them. The main factors i am interested in is gameplay and number of characters, i am not too fussed about the quality of the story mode.

Thanks in advance! :)

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 beats the hell out of Ultimate Tenkaichi by far.

I don't need to mention Dragonball Z: Kinect, either. It is a Kinect title. That should be enough to avoid it.

Go with Raging Blast 2. You won't be disappointed.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Z of the Na said:

I don't need to mention Dragonball Z: Kinect, either. It is a Kinect title. That should be enough to avoid it.

DO NOT listen to this person, Raging Blast 2 is hands down a piece of shit according to myself and anyone else I have spoken to. Get the first Raging Blast, at least it has a killer story mode. Raging Blast 2 has a terrible art style and the story mode is fucked up, as in it is non existant! I would go with burst limit over raging blast 2. There is one "mission" in Vegeta's "story line" in RB2, where you have to beat android 16, 17, and 18 without getting hit once, impossible pure and simple.

Tenkaichi 3 was really good too, it had future Gohan!

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Budakai Tenkaichi 2/3. Both are the same functionally, but different move sets, and 3 has more characters and much faster combat making it harder. The games are balanced (Not counting Gojeta Super Saiyan 4, Jenemba form 2, and Super Android 17. They are all broken as FUCK and to be banned if you are playing against others. Gojeta and Jenemba are way to fast and strong, and Super Android 17 has broken attacks and can absorb all energy attacks. Even the most powerful ones.)

Also avoid the Kinect title. It sucks.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I absolutely love Budokai Tenkaichi 3, all upgrades counted as different chars I think that game comes up to about 150 different characters
I haven't played too many others than the Budokai series except on GameBoy, but can't remember the names of those, in those you walk through the story of DBZ, very enjoyable games, they're like the Zelda games on GB except in the DBZ universe

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Go with the Kinect title. It is by far the pinnacle of gaming and immersion for this console generation

Joking aside, I would go with Budokai Tenkaichi 3, that has probably been my favourite.

Captcha: 1.21 gigawatts
Wrong franchise captcha

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
mattttherman3 said:
DO NOT listen to this person, Raging Blast 2 is hands down a piece of shit according to myself and anyone else I have spoken to.
Thanks for basically telling the entirety of this thread that my opinion sucks and therefore should be invalid. That's quite...something of you. I haven't played the first Raging Blast, and was merely speaking from experience.

Sue me.

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
Solo-Wing said:
Budakai Tenkaichi 2/3. Both are the same functionally, but different move sets, and 3 has more characters and much faster combat making it harder.
Actually, Tenkaichi 2 AI was simply really weak, even in its hardest setting

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
mattttherman3 said:
Z of the Na said:

DO NOT listen to this person, Raging Blast 2 is hands down a piece of shit according to myself and anyone else I have spoken to. Get the first Raging Blast, at least it has a killer story mode. Raging Blast 2 has a terrible art style and the story mode is fucked up, as in it is non existant! I would go with burst limit over raging blast 2. There is one "mission" in Vegeta's "story line" in RB2, where you have to beat android 16, 17, and 18 without getting hit once, impossible pure and simple.

Actually DO listen to the first person quoted.

Raging Blast 2 is AWESOME.

Lack of story mode?!
Oh no? do we REALLY want to go through that story again?
I'm sorry, I love DBZ but by now everyone and their grandmother knows the story.

It's a really awesome game and it's just great to see the face of your opponent if you finish them off with a team attack.

oh, and p.s. Raging Blast 2 also has Future Gohan.

Chaosed

Sep 20, 2010
I would have to say Budokai 3 for the best system to character/mode ratio. However I really enjoy Burst Limit, I'm kind of disappointed that a sequel wasn't made.

Evil Cabbage

Mar 26, 2011
Depends on what sort of things you enjoy.

If you want a more traditional fighter: Budokai 3 on the PS2, or the recent Budokai HD collection for next-gen.

If you want a non-traditional fighter: Either Tenkaichi 3 or Raging Blast 2. Tenkaichi 3 has more strategy than the Raging Blast series, but personally, I generally find Raging Blast more fun to play.

EDIT: Also, as has been stated, Raging Blast 2's story mode is basically a gauntlet of varied fights... which I honestly found to be a nice change from the same story over and over.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Norrdicus said:
Solo-Wing said:
Budakai Tenkaichi 2/3. Both are the same functionally, but different move sets, and 3 has more characters and much faster combat making it harder.
Actually, Tenkaichi 2 AI was simply really weak, even in its hardest setting
I never actually played with the AI that much. I beat the game innitially then just played with my friends. After my file got deleted I used an action Replay to unlock everything cause I could not ass myself to do it all again. AND I also hacked in x999 of every item. Made every character level 160 with Kiss of Android 18's just to make the fights with my friends fucking fun. As long as everybody is absolute max power there is no disadvantage now is there? XD

SS4 Gojeta, Jenemba, and Super Android 17 were still banned though. It is too easy to curb stomp with those three.

And Yes DBZBT3 has much faster combat then 2. Luckily the controls and over all feel was the same.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Ranorak said:
mattttherman3 said:
Z of the Na said:

Actually DO listen to the first person quoted.

Raging Blast 2 is AWESOME.

Lack of story mode?!
Oh no? do we REALLY want to go through that story again?
I'm sorry, I love DBZ but by now everyone and their grandmother knows the story.

It's a really awesome game and it's just great to see the face of your opponent if you finish them off with a team attack.

oh, and p.s. Raging Blast 2 also has Future Gohan.
Yeah, but I bought that game for full price and felt ripped off, it was super hard on the easiest setting for no reason. Plus, after tenkaichi 3, Future Gohan isn't enough unless he is the true future Gohan. With only ONE arm!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I think Tenkaichi 3 is the best, it was a fun fighting game that ACTUALLY felt like DBZ, something I thought Budokai never did. Tenkaichi3 had all sorts of cool events that felt like they were taken right from the show, Budokai felt like Street Fighter with bigger and more frequent fireballs.

Verkula

Oct 3, 2010
Budokai 3, or Budokai Tenkaichi 3. Every other game in their own series feels like beta, the 3rd one seem to get most things right. Now the Raging Blast series never got their "good" 3rd game yet.

Theres also Super Dragon Ball Z, which isnt that special but some people might like that the fighting system is like Street Fighter.

Story mode wise Budokai 1 and Burst Limits are the best, recreating every moment in cutscenes, however they all suffer frm the same thing: they both stop at the Cell saga.

Also this: never play Dragon Ball Z Sagas. Theres no DBZ game as terrible as that, what a waste of TOEI animation for the intro.:/

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
Budokai 3, or Budokai Tenkaichi 3. these are the only ones that are great games in my thoughts after wards they tried to add to much and they made it way to overly complex whereas before its was simple yet deep

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
Budokai Tenkaichi 3, while it may not have the graphics of the new gen, gameplay wise none of the others have come even close to matching it.

Darmy647

Sep 28, 2012
Bro. Bro. Go Get DargonBall Z Budokai HD collection. Thank me when the nostalga boner goes down :)1