what is the best game you have played all year?

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
thaluikhain said:
Not a new game, but "Vampire teh Masquerade: Bloodlines"...with a fair few mods and updates to get the thing working and jazzed up, though.
That game looks really really good. Ima buy it now :3

OT: For me, Skyrim , it needs no explanation why, if you asked me this is 2007 I would have said Oblivion so yeah. I like Bethesda games.

pyramid head grape

[Game-Over]
Feb 4, 2011
Bastion... finished it today. Awesome soundtrack, Great narration, sweet visuals. Everything I look for in a game.

Yes, I've played Skyrim... Yes I've like Skyrim...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
To me that had got to be Xenoblade Chroncile for this year. It has got to be one of the best RPG I have ever played (before you asked I haven't play Mass Effect or Dragon Age yet).

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
At the moment it's Bastion, before that it was Skyrim, before that Portal 2...

But at the moment I'm in complete Bastion overdrive, listening to bastion soundtrack, replaying bastion, narrating my own life in the voice of Rucks, persuading my girlfriend to sing Build that wall, asking people to refer to me as the kid, wielding a giant hammer, smashing up boxes with a shotgun...

I think I might have a problem.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
To me that had got to be Xenoblade Chroncile for this year. It has got to be one of the best RPG I have ever played (before you asked I haven't play Mass Effect or Dragon Age yet).
I'm going with this guy.

Xenoblade Chronicles was the first game in my library that actually made me think: "Yes, this game justifies me having bought a Wii." And in case you're wondering, other games I have for my Wii include: Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess, Madworld and No More Heroes 1 & 2.

I'd go as far as saying it is probably the best JRPG of the 7th generation.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
It didn't come out this year but I did discover "Mount and Blade: Warband" this year, and that would definatly be the best one I have played.

Estocavio

Aug 5, 2009
Dwarf Fortress.
Hands down :)

In fact, Ive drained more Hours into it than any other Game ever.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
If you had asked me what I would of thought the best game I would play this year would be back at the start I would of defiantly proclaimed Skyrim.

Now while I absolutely love Skyrim, the most fun gaming I've actually had this year is getting back into an old MMO from 2005, Guild Wars.

I didn't expect it to slip back into my life but the lack of sub fee combined with just seeing the trailers for Guild Wars 2 meant I couldn't help but got right back in, I only played casually here and there back in the day but I have really enjoyed just throwing myself into and doing as much as I can before the sequel lands. Had some great times and I just love the lore and how it handles everything compared to almost any other MMO, despite playing tons of bigger MMO games this will always be my favourite.

If we are going by released this year then Skyrim/Terraria, didn't expect it to have such lasting power for something looking so simple.

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
Hmm, a difficult question at the best of times...

I suppose I could plug the ol' Skyrim, which is totally unnecessary at this point. Or perhaps I could comment on Deus Ex: HR, who, despite being a prequel actually came out pretty damn decent. Actually the best game that I played all year was an old one: Dawn of War 2 and the subsequent expansions.

I just loved the over the top voice acting of the space marines!

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Most of the games I played had come out a lot earlier but I only now had time for them.(I'm currently playing Dragon age Origins, which definitely is one of the best games I've played for a while)
Portal 2 was one of the few I played almost immediately it came out, and it was very good, so that, I guess.

striderkiwi

Jul 15, 2010
Dead Space 2 hands down. It was everything I wanted the sequel to Dead Space to be and more. Close contenders are Portal 2 and Sonic Generations.

Lev The Red

Aug 5, 2011
easily Skyrim. i haven't put this much time (50 hours) into a game in such a small amount of time (just under a week) since i got Fallout 3.

after that, it's probably portal 2.

Blondi3

Sep 12, 2008
SWTOR, Skyrim, and Bastion. BF3 was a disappointment. So was Batman: AC.

PS: I guess I'll have to add FONV as well because I only got around to playing it this year =x

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception by a mile, seeing as it's the only game I've really driven myself to complete - although that's probably a commentary on my gaming attitude than the games that were released this year.

Whale Trail gets an honourable mention thanks to how simple and appealing it is. Controversy: an iPhone game being rated higher than most the AAA titles to be released this year.