What is the hardest country to invade?

CodeOrange

Jun 7, 2011
thaluikhain said:
San Marino, unless you are Italy, an ally, or have conquered Italy.

Otherwise, US, Russia or China anywhere that has a nuclear arsenal, preferrable a second strike capability, such as a SSBN fleet. Not going to happen.

Places like the UK would be shorter to invade, except that you can't, I guess.
Ahaha, irony because the UK was notorious for being mostly impenetrable due to being isolated by sea. And as a result, they had a reputation for having the strongest navy/fleet.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
CodeOrange said:
thaluikhain said:
San Marino, unless you are Italy, an ally, or have conquered Italy.

Otherwise, US, Russia or China anywhere that has a nuclear arsenal, preferrable a second strike capability, such as a SSBN fleet. Not going to happen.

Places like the UK would be shorter to invade, except that you can't, I guess.
Ahaha, irony because the UK was notorious for being mostly impenetrable due to being isolated by sea. And as a result, they had a reputation for having the strongest navy/fleet.
Other way round, surely. If they hadn't had a strong (not necessarily strongest, they had some close calls) fleet, they wouldn't have been impregnablish.

But yeah, if you did invade them, which you can't, it wouldn't take too long because they have so little landmass.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
I have a simple answer for this. It's either iraq or iran. The europeans have been trying to invade that little hole in the wall country for several thousand years but they can never quite conqueror it. they always get tired and eventually give up. Europeans always lose in the war of endurance to iraq/iran. i really think it's iran. even the all powerful americans can't beat em.

Taham

Mar 31, 2011
USA, Russia, or perhaps Switzerland. For those who are surprised about the last one, every man must spend some time in the military. After they have served, every soldier is encouraged to keep their weapon. (though if they keep it, it's modified so that there is no fully automatic setting) Another thing to note is that each soldier keeps their weapon in their home. Good luck, potential invaders.

Fraeir

Sep 22, 2008
Rule 1 of warfare: Stay the hell out of Russia.

The size coupled with the Russian winter has proven again and again that it cannot be taken by conventional means.

Feb 13, 2008
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
inb4 Russia

Costliest: Russia
Bloodiest: Russia
Longest: Russia
Hardest: Russia
McDonalds managed it as soon as Glasnost hit. Lesson 1) Don't fight the Army, bribe the Politicians.

Can you imagine America/Russia/Canada or Britain invading Australia though? Even the butterflies are poisonous.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
Sandacious said:
I have to go for the USA. Maybe if you were super good friends with Canada and/or Mexico it'd be a little easier. Come to think of it, the ol' Russian "retreat into our endless territory and let the weather do for them" tactic could work a treat in Australia too. Combine that with no land borders and I think Australia would give even a mighty army pause for thought.
Hitler was going to try that with mexico in WW2....we kind of told them...you fuck us over...We will kill you so bad, The U.S.A will become a peninsula.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Both the USA and Russia.
Have you seen the size of these countries?!
They both have large, high-tech armies, just spread across the territories.
You might get the drop on 'em and actually SEIZE the territory, but then you're in for a massive guerilla, then they'll rip out your spine from your arse and make you eat it.

YunikoYokai5

Jun 16, 2010
I would have to agree with a lot of people and say Russia, just due to their history (also love the Russian accent) but I wouldn't rule out China.

ScourgeOfHell

Mar 5, 2011
If you mean COMPLETELY conquering a nation, than Russia hands down, but all of russia east of Moscow is pretty much snow and barren land, so no sane invader would try to completely annexe it. Oh and BTW, a huge number of gun owners will not make a country easy to seize, rather the opposite. Lets admit it, humans are selfish creatures, and gun owners are more likely to use their arms to rob their own country men. In any case, untrained gun owners are hardly going to stand a chance against professional soldiers.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Switzerland/Russia.
Costliest invasion: USA
Bloodiest invasion: Russia (Most casualties - casualties may be from the environment)
Longest Invasion: Russia, 'coz it's massive.
Geographical difficulties? Switzerland.

ZeronicX

Apr 4, 2011
Costliest invasion:USA
Bloodiest invasion:Either USA,China,or Russia
USA:because of their high tech, atomic bomb, EMPS, and neurotonic Bombs,
China: because of your law that requires all 18 year old boys to enlist in the army and go through a brutal training which they can DIE from

and Russia: nukes, rough terrain, scarce city's so invaders can't raid alot, cold weather

Longest Invasion:RUssia, im pretty sure they would do the same thing when Napolioan Invades, burn the city and run to the next

Demonicdan

Dec 8, 2010
China is pretty good at wars, plus if their past is anything to go by they're more likely to go all out than most others.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Atlantis.

It's pretty damn hard to invade somewhere if you have no idea where it is or even if it exists.

Tensacloud

Jul 4, 2011
If going from The U.S., I would say India. The place is huge, has a huge population, and is surrounded by natural features to keep the invaders away. Also, those categories are synonymous with each other. Back to India, You would need to cross the Punjab desert and the Hindu Kush mountains to the west, Tibet and the Himalayas to the north, and the mountain jungles of Burma and Bengal to the east. An amphibious invasion is met with the Deccan plateau, the Punjab desert, or the Bengali jungle. And India has a proud military tradition, meaning higher quality and more patriotic troops for their armed forces.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Can you imagine America/Russia/Canada or Britain invading Australia though? Even the butterflies are poisonous.
We have venomous trees. You can't beat venomous trees... well, actually you can. There isn't a challenge in existence that can't be overcome with sufficient application of detcord and/or duct tape.

William Keller

Jul 25, 2011
Costliest Invasion: Russia (try equipping your army with special weapons and clothing againist the famous Siberian winter)
Bloodiest Invasion: China (with a population of about 1,5 billion, they will soon be able to take over the world...)
Longest Invasion: Again, Russia (the world's largest country)
Overall, I believe that the Russian military is a force to be afraid of. They have highly advanced technology (perhaps better even than the US), a large population willing to fight and have grown up in highly hazardous conditions (the aforementioned Russian winter).