What is the largest boss that you have ever squared off against?

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
SonicKoala said:
Any of the bosses in Bayonetta - seriously, every single one of them takes up the entire screen. And might I add that's one of the reasons that game is freaking awesome.
When I threw a church at one of the bosses, I was pretty sure the game was awesome. When I "killed" a man by shooting him in the face with lipstick, it was incredible. When I, shortly thereafter, punched god into the sun it officially eclipsed my ability to encapsulate with descriptive language.

But, the biggest thing I've fought in a game? It wasn't a "boss" as it was controlled by a player, but I did encounter a Titan in Eve. It should be noted that the very smallest ships are the size of 747's. My own ship at the time (a chimera) Was about 6 kilometers long and about 1.5 kilometers tall on average. The titan was, about twice that size. It should be noted that the sense of scale was rather meaningless as I was sitting 45 kilometers behind our fleet's main battle line (accompanied by a number of ECM vessels) and was doing little more than desperately trying to keep various battleships together for another volley by dumping shields on them. The titan's time on the battlefield was brief. It arrived, everyone tried to flee, it popped it's doomsday and anything smaller than a capital ship on the field was wreckage. Rather than wait around, out fleet commander decided the best plan was to leg it, so the other carriers and I built up a charge as quickly as possible and jumped several systems away.

I lost about 30 million isk worth of sentry drones in the battle. Not bad I suppose considering the total losses in that fleet battle were in the tens if not hundreds of billions (a single fleet battleship tends to cost around 100 million isk and over 100 were lost, not to mention an unlucky dreadnought that I'm sure totaled at least a billion).

Jacob.pederson

Jul 25, 2006
SonicKoala said:
Any of the bosses in Bayonetta - seriously, every single one of them takes up the entire screen. And might I add that's one of the reasons that game is freaking awesome.
Especially the final boss. Nothing like riding a motorcycle up the side of a launching rocket to take on a demon the size of a small solar system.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
3rd Uroboros in RE5 was pretty big. Some KHs have been huge e.g. Giant Darkness, Gargoyle, Sand Scorpion.... thing, Heart of Darkness, Giant Nobody, Giant nobody dragon thing, etc. I'd have to go with SoC bosses, Dead Spade's final boss and some giant mechanical creature thing with lasers made by some in Gmod.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Hard to say, but the one that has FELT the biggest for now, is the second boss of Demons Souls. Big terrible knight, hits so hard :(

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Hmm. Can't remember what boss from which game, it was a while ago now, but what I can remember is that you have to fight his foot as he's about to step on the planet.

I know, that's impossible, but hey, it was a fun game, and all you could see was his big toe pretty much.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
The biggest boss in Shadow of the Colossus or the statue in DMC4, whichever was bigger. DMC4's wasn't much of a traditional boss though.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Twinmold! The Collosol Masked Insect!!!! I swear I was fighting him/them this one time and he/they were diving in and out of the ground so fast it was like he/they was/were everywhere at once!!!

UnmotivatedSlacker

Mar 12, 2010
Stollos said:
You can't get bigger than Unicron from Transformers (published by Atari, developed by Melbourne House, 2000). Guy's a fuckin' planet transformer for cryin' out loud. You gotta jetpack around him and Cybertron (which he is trying to eat) in the planets orbit and launch your matrix cannon (formed by all the minicons for the soul purpose of combating Cybertron's greatest threat) rounds into his rectum mouth. Which he devours planets with. What?
This guy right here. Ah, good times. Wish that game was longer though.

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
The Biggest Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus probably,

Noteable mentions:
Cronus in GOW3
Elizabeth Greene in Prototype
Mana Dragon in Secret of Mana
and many, many more

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Jhen Mohran in Monster Hunter Tri. Jhen Mohran is like a desert crocodile with huge husk. Trying to compare its size, it pretty much the human hunter is the same size as its toe. He is so big that you can jump onto it back and mine its ridges for some rocks

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
I'm gonna do an obscure one and say Fruit Fucker Prime from On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 2.

You have to climb (I believe it's a) clock tower to reach him, about half way up the building he shoves his Robo-Wang Juicer through the wall and you must do combat with it, then you ascend to the top of the building to do combat with it's head.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
probably ragnaros as a gnome in WoW.

literally I was flabbergasted by the scale of that guy.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
ABLb0y said:
Atlas in Bioshock
really? He's only about 3x as big as you are.

You could probably fit 5000 gnomes into ragnaros.

Just sayin'