What is the longest you have used a single avatar?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I change this one every now and then on special occasions, but it's the one I've worn for the longest because it means the most to me. It serves as a reminder, a memorial and an encouraging little scene.

Found it in Skyrim in 2011, was reminded of it a while later and eventually decided to use it here, where it's been right at home.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I've used the same one since I signed up here. So like 4 years now? I didn't even reupload a new picture to make it bigger

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I had a gif of the weeping angels doing the Macarena for quite a while, then I had a scene from Amelie for a a long enough period.

Those were definitely my longest but I have no idea how long I actually had them.

I had the weeping angels for at least a year, probably two.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
About a month? Maybe two?

I change my avatar on the slightest whim. Especially since I learned how to make my own.
It always revolves around some piece of media that found its way into my heart.
For quite awhile, I've had a consistent stream of Kill La Kill avatars.

There are two that I absolutely adore:

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Aris Khandr said:
فلسطين حرة
Trying to think of a good Philistine pun, but nothing is coming to mind.

OT:

I used to use the generic druid picture from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword:

but then I found Pokemon BW2's awesome Cynthia animation and knew I must have it. I've had my current one since late 2012 I think, so that's probably the longest I've had.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
I have been very indecisive about avatars before. For my first year I used a variety of Rorschach avatars eventually culminating in this beauty [http://s12.postimg.org/cq5zpuzo9/Rorschach_Tophat.png] courtesy of the combined work of [user]Fanboy[/user] and [user]nope.avi[/user].

After that I rotated through a few avatars, and eventually became fond of putting Awesome Face on things after being inspired by an Escapist News Network [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-news-network/1775-Resident-Evil-Romance] episode. After a few conversations this resulted in my unintentionally making The Awesome Spy [https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_background_images/241099757/Awesome_Spy_Background.png] (or 'teh awesomespah' depending on what mood I'm in) in mid-July 2010. That's easily been my longest-running avatar.

I've had a few different avatars since then, but most of them have revolved around either sticking Awesome Face on things or sticking things on the Spy, depending on what is easier/more suitable. I'm not sure about how long for one avatar specifically, but I've kept to this general trend for roughly 3-4 years, ignoring some other short lived avatars.

As for favourite avatar by someone else? Too many to choose from, though one that comes to mind right now is [user]Formica Archonis[/user].

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I've been using this one for a while.
*Checks*
Apparently it's been since September 2010.
I've been using variations of the same avatar since July 2009.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
No clue. I'd say a year at most not including seasonal variations. I don't really have a favourite but I'll always fondly remember my clown soldier one.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Alright, its going to take time to nail down the exact date but I've had this one since sometime in 2010.

It appears to be June 4th 2010! I made the request in that avatar shop in May.

[user]Sleekgiant[/user] was the original author of the gif but from time to time I'll ask [user]TimeLord[/user] to make variations for special occasions.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I had the escapist's avatar of Winoa for quite a long time. Then I noticed someone else had that same avatar then I had to switch because it was confusing me but also I wanted my very own. Then I found this one. I think I've had this one for nearly a year? I'm not so sure. I like this one.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I swapped avatars every six months for a while, but I've been on this yellow flip phone for a while. I used this avatar my first two years, I had about a year and a half of flip-flopping avatars, then I defaulted back to this because I think it's a lot more fitting and everyone immediately knows who I am.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I've used this avatar since I joined The Escapist in 2009...I forget the month...but even before The Escapist, I've used this image of a Chimera for other websites in the past too. I'm really proud of my little doodle and I'll likely continue using the Chimera for many more years to come.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
I've had this one for long enough where I can't really remember any of my previous ones.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I'm honestly not sure

I know I've had this one for quite a while..probably longer than usual, because I like it so much and put quite a bit of effort into it, I think its definitely my favorite

EDIT: and now I decided to change it

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I used a cropped version of this Halo 3: ODST avatar from when I joined up until I started watching TV again, which is when I swapped over to this Korra one which I am using now. I wanna say that was early 2013, or maybe even late 2012, but I could be wrong.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
this I think is my 5th. No joke, each time I switched its because someone else was using the same or similar one to me. It was usually someone 'new' too. I shrug and find something else.

I used the S.H.I.E.L.D logo since like 1999 on the internets. Then the avengers came out, and I had to find something else.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I've had this one for a couple of years, I don't think I've kept one for as long as this. To be honest, I can't imagine finding an avatar that want to use more than this, and if people recognise me at all they'll probably recognise me for it. No reason to change it for a long, long while yet (so if you hate .gif avatars, suck it apologies).

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Haven't changed it since I first joined actually.
Izanagi is far too based to not be my avatar. But I am getting/drawing a new one... featuring Izanagi sticking around.