What is the longest you have used a single avatar?

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
What is the longest you have used the same avatar here? If you have used multiple avatars, which was your favorite? Which avatar used by someone else do you like the best?

Draco here has been mine since I joined the escapist, and he will continue to be unless I come upon a better dragonheart image or I find a version of that image that completely fills my avatar space.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I joined March 15th 2008

So....6 years, 5 months, 8 days

I suppose I've made adjustments to him (like adding March Madness stuff or Christmas stuff or his secret ability that no one knows about) over the years but my avatar's foundation has always been this avatar of myself South-Parkified that I made as one of my first computer generated designs.

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
Like, a year or two maybe... though I wasn't even active for most of that time, so it doesn't really count.

Dec 14, 2009
Apart from a few months where I used a Kill la Kill avatar, I've pretty much used the Ammy one forever XD

I actually missed it, which is why I went back.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
A single avatar?

I'm not entirely sure.

I had a generic World of Warcraft avatar from this site's options when I first joined, and after a few months I switched to a picture of the USS Defiant, which I used for quite a while until somebody linked me to the song "PonPonPon", by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

I probably went another month or two until I felt like I had to switch avatars, so I had TopazFusion whip me up some avatar-sized versions of various gifs taken from Kyary's music video, and I've continued on with that theme since then (probably almost two years now). I think this current avatar is the longest I've stuck with a single Kyary avatar without switching it (I'd say it's been around seven months now, maybe), and I do quite like it.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
I've used mine since around 2000.
So, about 15 years soon. Unmodified.

An artistic friend of mine made it as a request to reflect my online/game personality.
Our group were still in 8th or 9th grade back then, hosting LAN parties at each-others houses.

Good times, good times.

*EDIT* Ah, here, ok. Sorry. Since my join date then.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
I've used the Federated Suns emblem for well over 7 years. It's been changed up a bit (Most notably when I made a pony gif for this website), but has pretty much been unchanged for the most part otherwise.

The exception would be steam. I use an emblem a friend made for me for steam.

Otherwise... Long Live the Federated Sun!

EDIT: Oh, and this is my Mumble face.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I had Pinsir and Pikachu for lengthy stretches of time (boy, that was a long time ago now). Probably more than a few months each. Nowadays I'm lucky if they get to a couple of months.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom

I think it was this one, for about 6 or 7 months? I dunno. Dr. COx was a running theme for my avatars for a good two/three years though. Now I chop and change at will. :p

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
I used the sunset shot of me with my bike for a good few years, until it mysteriously disappeared a couple of weeks back. Now I'm using a shot of the glorious Eurofighter Typhoon T.3, that I took at RAF Coningsby earlier this month......just because it's the tiffies best angle!

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Not as long as most of you, I have a perfectionist itch to change or improve my avatar that comes up regularly. I did have this one for almost a year, between November 2012 and October 2013:

Since it was pretty much the apex of the Big Daddy avatar, which I had different varients of since 2010. Haven't found the perfect Mordred avatar yet, still working on that.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
I've only used two avatars since I joined this site; the little bat you see now, and this little pink cartoon fetus head that I used when I first joined:

I'm leaning towards saying that I've used the fetus one the longest, but I'm honestly not sure. I think I switched over to the bat some time just after I graduated high school (2011), so they might actually be just about even.

But even if the bat isn't currently the avatar I've had the had the longest, it will likely eventually become the avatar I've had longest (kind of like a chiropteran Neravarine), because I plan on keeping this one for the foreseeable future. It's too adorable to change.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I've rotated between a fair few. Mostly dragons, because dragons are my happy place.

-Some random walking dragon gif that wouldn't walk (first failed attempt at an animated avatar)
-Zuul
-Some MtG dragons (Intet I think was my longest run of any avatar I used at close to two years)
-A cherry red dragon
-A green dragon at a computer (my second failed attempt; I even had help with it, but it doesn't seem to upload anything but the first frame from my end for some unknown reason)

-Currently, I'm using a broken animated gif of the Mana Beast. (third failed attempt)

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Mine has been pretty much Arsenal for the past few years, but I felt like it was time for a change. And, honestly, this is important. Maybe I'll go back to a football crest one day.

فلسطين حرة

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I suck at keeping an avatar for long, and I've only been here just over a year. I used to do it by a post count basis.

I think my first one (a picture of Heather Mason from Silent Hill 3) was my longest lasting one, as I changed it at post 500.
Soul Release from Yu-Gi-Oh was 500-750.
The Prophet of Regret from Halo Wars was 750-950ish (I failed).
After that it was one picture of the Living Dress from Lady Gaga's The Monster Ball Tour 2.0. for about a month.
Then a different picture of the same Dress for a few months.
And here I am now, about a month or so into this from the music video to Lady Gaga's Applause.

Will this one last as long??!!? Probably not, because I could farm better "looks" from the very same music video (in fact I tried but failed when I was getting this image).

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I alter my backdrop every couple weeks to reflect something that's going on in my life or in the gaming community. The longest I've kept one is probably somewhere between 1 and 2 months.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I've been here for five years, and never once changed my avatar. I want to be well-known here, and changing it would make that much harder.