What is the meaning of Life?

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Woodsey said:
I call dibs on him suggesting the Bible is evidence.

Anyway, I much prefer your idea of grabbing a few beers as opposed to this discussion.
Probably, but when someone suggests that evidence of Gods will exists in the form of a man who has not been proven to exist, whose existance is proved in a fictitous collection of books... Well sometimes you just have to know if their serious or not. And seeing as they've convieniently slipped out of thread with the most unconvincing excuse possible, I guess we'll never know... So brew time it is...

LordOmnit

Oct 8, 2007
There is no meaning. And I don't mean that in a pessimistic way if you can believe it. By there is no meaning I mean that the meaning to life is what you have of it: for perfectionists it's getting everything just right, workaholics it's working, executives it's gathering up as much money as possible and destroying the cash flow of the economy, Westboro Baptist Church it's being nucking futs, et al. There is no set meaning to life other than that it means you're going to die someday- but we all already knew that- so you get to do with it as you like, like existence's most elaborate and intangible toy.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Raven said:
Woodsey said:
I call dibs on him suggesting the Bible is evidence.

Anyway, I much prefer your idea of grabbing a few beers as opposed to this discussion.
Probably, but when someone suggests that evidence of Gods will exists in the form of a man who has not been proven to exist, whose existance is proved in a fictitous collection of books... Well sometimes you just have to know if their serious or not. And seeing as they've convieniently slipped out of thread with the most unconvincing excuse possible, I guess we'll never know... So brew time it is...
The bevvies are on me!

oxiclean

May 12, 2010
If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal. -- Carl Sagan

just thought I'd throw that in.

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
It's a song on Disturbed's first album, The Sickness.

According to them it's referring to blood, or to "Get, get, get, get psycho"

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
I personally find it amazing that something like a human actually exists, considering the completley staggering combinations of circumstances which would allow life to become complex enough to attain sentinance...

Once this process has been fully understood I shouldn't think the "why" will feel anywhere near as important...

I have trouble acknowledging a meaningless, accidental existance however and so choose to spend it as wisely as I can...

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything... is 42... Ok just kidding, now for my actual philosophy.

The True Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything, is actually a misguided answer. We assume that there is an answer to the question of the Meaning of Life for our race, and the universe, as a whole. I like to think that there is an answer to the Meaning of Life, however, the Meaning of Life is different for every individual residing in this Universe. For example: All I want in life is a wife that would love me to the end, and vice versa. I want children with this women, and to be a great father, as well as a novelist.

It is simple. However, to actually know the meaning for the universe as a whole? truthfully I think its impossible. Unless you want to dabble in that 'Because God Loves Us' Bullshit, I really don't think that is true either.

And if someone has already made a post around the same meaning, NINJA!

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Tenkage said:
Give your ideas being serious philosophy or just a joke, I don't care. What is the meaning of life, but I must ask no Hitch hiker's Guide to the Galaxy References, we know the joke, 42.

My idea is just to have fun and seek wisdom, thats my idea
To find and fulfil your meaning in life.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Lambi said:
Bacon. And waffles. And maybe pancakes. Bacon mostly.
What about a waffle wrapped in bacon? Or bacon-pancakes?

Chase Yojimbo said:
The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything... is 42... Ok just kidding, now for my actual philosophy.
No, that is the answer to the universe, not the meaning. GOD!
(kidding)

Chase Yojimbo said:
The True Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything, is actually a misguided answer. We assume that there is an answer to the question of the Meaning of Life for our race, and the universe, as a whole. I like to think that there is an answer to the Meaning of Life, however, the Meaning of Life is different for every individual residing in this Universe. For example: All I want in life is a wife that would love me to the end, and vice versa. I want children with this women, and to be a great father, as well as a novelist.
Not a bad answer. I think you are trying to please individuals rather than the general population with this one though(also it kind of implies there is a superior being controlling us all). Are you just saying that everyone has to give it a meaning? To which I say, why must it have a meaning?

Chase Yojimbo said:
It is simple. However, to actually know the meaning for the universe as a whole? truthfully I think its impossible.
Better? I guess.

Chase Yojimbo said:
Unless you want to dabble in that 'Because God Loves Us' Bullshit
Which I don't.

Chase Yojimbo said:
And if someone has already made a post around the same meaning, NINJA!
Which it has.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
crudus said:
Lambi said:
Bacon. And waffles. And maybe pancakes. Bacon mostly.
What about a waffle wrapped in bacon? Or bacon-pancakes?
Hmm. You raise a good point, sir.

I know! Panwafflebacon! It shall taste of awesome and leave your tongue in paradise!

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I'm beginning to think it is a game of tolerance for putting up with hypocrites, douche bags, pussies, and those people that are all three combined... or bacon... probably bacon...