What is the Meaning of your Avatar???

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Mines artwork of my favorite fictional character of all time. Harry Dresden.

Because he is badass. Because he makes the Joker look stupid, the Master Chief look like a wimp, and Gordan Freeman (yes even Gordan Freeman) look like a wuss.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
Skorpyo said:
Mine is a stylized version of the 3DFX logo, a video card maker from long ago.

Bow before it, for your gaming machines would be no-where without their sacrifices.
Amen brother, I still have a voodoo 2 card kicking around here. Ah the glory days of the 3d graphics arms race.

EDIT: oops, on topic, my avatar is the moon from Majoras Mask. It's my avatar because I think it looks cool, and I love the game. My avatar has also been known to be Shodan from system shock. I guess I have a thing for omnipresent emotionless antagonists.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
I'm a hoers. That's apparently it, man I thought this would be harder what a load off my chest.

IzisviAziria

Nov 9, 2008
A friend of mine in EVE used to troll me constantly just to irritate me.. then he'd say "u mad?" and link the coolface pic. So one day, I edited it and used it as a response.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
The meanings of the penguin are tenfold.

1. The penguin is drawn in a sort of celtic knot, showing my appreciation for antiquity and my sophomoric understanding of art.
2. It's a penguin because penguins are amazing.
3. Penguins are also flightless birds, highlighting my shameful inability to naturally fly and my curiously unnatural love of flight.
4. Penguins live in the Antarctic, showcasing my preference of colder climates.
5. The penguin is playing a banjo, implying my taste for odd music.
6. The penguin is wearing bitchin' shades because bitchin' shades are bitchin'.
7. The penguin's name on my computer is lcym2_3_a.jpg, which shows my laziness and tendencies towards disorganization.
8. The penguin, upon close inspection, wears a rather crestfallen look on its face, thus showing my deep-seated sense of sadness.
9. The penguin is bending backwards, making evident my easy-going nature and slightly bad posture.
10. The penguin holds a match in its mouth, as I retain a fondness for the occasional smoke (this never being of tobacco, however.)

Helmutye

Sep 5, 2009
Mine is an Arilou from Star Control 2, one of my favorite games of all time. They are the aliens that have been seen around earth, showing up in flying saucers and abducting people. They watch out for us, occasionally changing little things about our species to protect us from extra-dimensional parasites. They seem to have some long term vested interest in the well-being of humanity, but nobody knows why...

Arilou: "Our motives are multiple, our desires complex. Part of what we do on Earth is for your own protection. There are parasites. Creatures who dwell Beyond. They have names, but you do not know them. They would like to find you, but they are blind to your presence, unless you show yourselves. The Androsynth showed themselves, and something noticed them. There are no more Androsynth now. Only Orz...In a way, ignorance is your armor, your best protection. They cannot see you now. They cannot smell you. Much of our work with your people involved making you invisible, changing your smell. If I tell you more, you will look where you could never look before, and while you are looking you can and will be seen."

"You do not want to be seen."

Parshooter

Sep 13, 2009
Sadly vault boy is a blond guy who is isolated only able to see a few people for 20 years.

If it wasn't for school I would have only seen 30 people in real life until I was 20 and I am a blond guy

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
My avatar is one I drew and animated. I guess that I use it mainly because it's an unusual design, and so it makes me feel less like just a random member while I'm here.

I occasionally swap to avatars of Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh. These rarely last a long time, but I kind of like them for various reasons. The reason I don't really keep them though is because... I don't know. Maybe I just get bored too quickly.

Not sure if there is any meaning behind the Bakura ones, although I guess I imagine them representing some of my approaches to matters. The Kitty Reaper however represents individuality.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
It's a foil fencer using a classical style. My gut says French but there isn't enough detail to tell - it could be italian (the difference being largely in the grip when simply standing at the guard position). I chose it because I am a foil fencer, though I use the modern international style rather than a classical styling.

Phantomess

Sep 19, 2009
Leonard McCoy. Doctor on the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 and general bad-ass dude. I'm besotted with grumpy, southern doctors... :)

The quote isn't mine. I found this somewhere else.