What is... the nerdiest/geekist thing you've ever done?

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Walking past 5 insanely hot girls and talking about how Raichu looks like ARSE compared to Pikachu, and that I was smashing the cancel button when it was about to evolve.

Or, walking through town with my friend and saying...

"I AM the White Void, I AM the cold steel. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world, and cleans them in the fires of destruction! I am Haku-Men, the end has come!"

Then proceeded to pretend to cut my friend with a 6ft sword. I'm so cool.

General_Potatoes

Jun 22, 2009
Me and a friend sit there in class and talk about Nerf stuff, like modding and AR removal. I bet most of you don't even know what im talking about right?

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
i squealed like a 7 year old justin bieber fan when halo 4 was announced. and im a 19-year-old male...that sings BASS

Ca3zar416

Sep 8, 2010
Dungeons and Dragons on the night of junior prom. It was glorious. It was also the night that had one of my favorite D&D moments ever.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I gotta say, LARPING is probably pretty high on the list. Although I didn't do the dressing up bit, so maybe not.

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
I haven't really done one super nerdy thing. Everything I do kind of rolls up into one big nerdy personality.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
I once spent a day talking in excessive third-person (I only used 'they, their, them, he, she' and people's names. I even referred to myself in third-person). On that same day I challeged my friend to refer to everyone in first-person (he was limited to 'I, me, myself' he couldn't even use 'we', he had to refer to everyone as another self (so "Myself and I walked down the stairs and let me borrow my pen")).

That, or I listened to Caramelldansen for about 5+ hours a day for a week.

EDIT: Another one of my friends was challenged to speak only in second person, so he was allowed to use 'you', not allowed to use names or collective terms. Basically like a 'make your own adventure' novel except he had to make it everyone's personal adventure. He gave up halfway through, though I admit he did get the short end of the stick.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
Went LARPing with my Writer's Craft class in high school. It was actually a pretty good time except that I played the entire first round as a mage (mostly a joke because of the scene from Role Models) but once I switched over to doing what everybody else was doing (flailing Styrofoam melee weapons around) it was a lot of fun.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
I made a simple geologic map of a Dwarf Fortress world to see if the presence of limestone could be predicted from local combinations of rainfall, drainage, topography, or temperature. Found no significant links.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
ace_of_something said:
This is a tough question for me however it's easily where my username comes from.
I was once in a punk rock/ska band
ages ago
that was called 'the deck of many things' our songs were mostly about D&D.

It was truly sad.

(PS this was loooong before penny-arcade made a joke about tycho being in a similar band... hell i think it was before penny-arcade existed)
I was in a class once, (university, Statics for engineers) and the professor had a bad habit of finishing his lecture 5-10 minutes before class and then rambling on like a nutter for those minutes. About the 5th or 6th class, I waved my hand at him(he didn't pay much attention) and whispered to my friend: "You will let us out early" twice. On the third try, half the class did it with me. Only at an engineering school would half the class try to Jedi mind trick the professor into letting us out early. It worked, btw.

Either that or the time I pointed out how useless a guy's weapons were at a renaissance fair because the scabbards weren't positioned correctly for him to draw them.

iron codpiece

Mar 17, 2009
I have one tattoo of a symbol from the Eberron campaign setting of D&D. Along with six of my friends who got other dragonmarks including the OP. :p
It's the little one at that top it's where my sternum and collar bone meet.
http://images.wikia.com/eberron/images/a/ac/Dragonmarks_Vadalis.jpg
I figured the mark of handling was appropriate since I'm a teacher. It's kind of like wrangling animals.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Hopefully soon I can return to this thread and say "the girl I'm currently dating", when she's no longer "the girl I'm currently hitting on".

ArbiterX13

Jul 2, 2011
1) I write fanfiction.
2) A bunch of my friends and I can do the song "John Williams is the Man" in accurate 4-part harmony
3) I spent 2 days informing my friend about the complete list of the Covenant forces after she called a Hunter a troll and said it was green. The first day was all infantry; the second day was about the vehicles and their variants.

Umar Hayat

Jul 11, 2011
I used to play 'Naruto' with my mates during breaktime...
Also used to play Yu-Gi-Oh! all the time at school.
I'm sorry?

TheFinnishGamer

Jun 12, 2011
Hmm, probably starting WoW, quitting WoW, starting WoW again, quitting WoW, starting WoW again, realizing that i can never quit the game and then buying a full sized replica of Frostmourne and placing it on a wall

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
iron codpiece said:
I have one tattoo of a symbol from the Eberron campaign setting of D&D. Along with six of my friends who got other dragonmarks including the OP. :p
It's the little one at that top it's where my sternum and collar bone meet.
http://images.wikia.com/eberron/images/a/ac/Dragonmarks_Vadalis.jpg
I figured the mark of handling was appropriate since I'm a teacher. It's kind of like wrangling animals.
Hey! I'm one of those six. Don't leave me hanging brah! I got the mark of protection on my calf. My twin brother has the mark of detection. Since we're both cops/detectives.