What is the oldest game in your collection?

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
I still have my commodore 64 with the 1530 Datasette http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Commodore-Datassette.jpg I think the oldest game I have for it must be Manic Miner!

ZahariasX

Jun 25, 2008
Combat (1977) for the Atari 2600. (I'm assuming it's the oldest Atari game I have as it was the original game bundled at launch)

shaderkul

Apr 19, 2009
NES- Super Mario Bros
SNES- Alladin, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country 1,2 and 3 (probably my best game of all time)
Sega Mega Drive- Sonic
PC- The original Doom, Castlevania, Tomb Raider,

Continuity

May 20, 2010
I dunno, too many games to go thought them all. But I 'll take a stab at:

Pac man 1980
j-bird 1983

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
I'd have to check the dates of all my NES cartridges, but I think the oldest would have to be my Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt cartridge. Still play it every once in a while, though high schoolers are fucktards and destroyed my Zapper...

So yeah, my oldest is from 1985.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Phoenix Arrow said:
The Jakeinator said:
Silent Hill 1.

Fuck Yea.
You're telling me the first game you owned was Silent Hill? You have awful parents.
Not neccesarily the first game he ever owned, just the oldest one he still owns.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Z of the Na said:
Pokemon Blue.

I haven't touched it in months and I don't even know if my file is still there. I keep it around to remind me of my childhood. Once the cartridge finally gives out, which I dread, I'm going to wear the dang thing like a necklace.

Don't think I won't, either.
My hero.

Basically the same for me, except with Red.

Ugh, my mom had this nasty habit when I was a kid of giving away my game systems whenever I got a new one. And she'd always do it when I was at school, and not tell me until afterwards, so I couldn't do anything about it.

She did it with my NES, and my Genesis, and my Game Gear, and I think my N64. I'm lucky I even still have my old Game Boy games at all.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
Ugh, my mom had this nasty habit when I was a kid of giving away my game systems whenever I got a new one. And she'd always do it when I was at school, and not tell me until afterwards, so I couldn't do anything about it.
My mom was the opposite. I'd buy something new and give away my old and she'd complain. Either it was because she spent good money on it (though that was rarely the case) or she just knew I'd want to play it again one day. She was right on the second part, though that one day happened to be twenty years later.

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
Gameboy's Q-Billion. It's a puzzle game that has a mouse that pushes around cheese (with numbers on them...square pieces and all).

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
JeanLuc761 said:
katsabas said:
PSone: Crash Bandicoot Warped. Still better platform game than several out there today.

PS2: Soul Reaver 2. Top notch storytelling in a gothic setting. Where's the next one, Eidos?
1) Props for Crash Bandicoot: Still a fantastic game, along with Spyro
2) Did you miss Legacy of Kain: Defiance?

As for my oldest game...well, this isn't THAT old, but I have Earthworm Jim from 1995, still on disc.
No, I didn't miss it, I was asking for the next in the franchise. Nosgoth is still in ruins after Defiance, there was no resolution!

Also, I have to ask: Ripto's Revenge or Year Of The Dragon?

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
The Jakeinator said:
yes I was scared, but the game was fun, and it introduced me into a great genre. Survival Horror.
Definitely didn't introduce me to the genre, but it did do one thing for me. Revolutionized it! Silent Hill showed me there truly could be a Survival Horror game I not only would like, but could get absorbed into until the nightmare was all over. Unfortunately besides Silent Hill 1-3, the only other games in the genre to enthrall me so were the Fatal Frames. Would still have to say Fatal Frame is the only game I've ever had to take a break from for being so scared. Still haven't gotten around to Amnesia yet though...