What is the source of your superpowers?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
So yeah, "What superpower would you want?" threads pop up all the time here. But you know what people NEVER mention in those threads? How exactly they GOT those powers.

Did you live a bit too close to a nuclear plant as a kid? Were you hit by a bus, and are now half-bionic? Did you train for years under Pai Mei? Were you injected with some strange chemicals in the name of science? Or does your father just HAPPEN to be Zeus?

Me, I'm going with space radiation. Hell, it worked on the Fantastic Four, it'd work on me.

Also, 1000th post!

Dec 14, 2009
I was bitten by a radioactive spider. That was also bitten by a radioactive spider.

That's twice as much spider! I'm Super Spider-Man!

Coldman42

Nov 17, 2009
I found this green ring lying on my door step one day. Not sure why but now I can do all kinds of stuff better then Ryan Reynolds could. Its quite fun actually.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I stumble upon a radioactive meteorite which somehow transfer that energy onto me (my power is a power armour like Iron Man but it's fuel by my own energy aka the meteorite radiation).

Feb 13, 2008
I was granted them when the ambulance I was being born in crashed into a Mini.

Well, that's what actually happened. The Supersarcasm and Punslinging powers just developed naturally.

SinorKirby

May 1, 2009
Built a high-tech suit of armor and donned it in the name of good.

Hey, Iron Man and War Machine can't be the only armored heroes.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I got them off my sister .... true story.

When we were kids she called me a super twat and have done my best since that day to live up to that name.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
I got mine by carving a ring around myself, cutting a happy face into the back of my left thigh, and enchanting the ancient words of the mighty captha:

(seriously, how many times do I have to refresh to get something writable, captha!? >_<)

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Struck by lightning whilst plugging an ethernet cable into the wall. Now I have all of the information on the internet in my brain! And I can think at broadband speed.

standokan

May 28, 2009
I found a half naked kid in the basement I defeated him in a battle of wits and then stole his ring.