What is the source of your superpowers?

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
rutger5000 said:
Use_Imagination_here said:
My voice gives me super strength!
And my hair gives me the power the defy gravity
Was... was that a Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged reference? If it was, I'm willing to give you a cookie.

As for me?

In he span of 24 hours, I jumped out of an airplane, got in a fight, listened to "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan, set something on fire, and got laid. After each of these events, I spouted a cheesy, yet totally cool, one-liner.

At the end of this tiring day, I sat down in front of the computer and began to read through the TV Tropes 'Badass' page. All the badassery coursing through my system, combined with one of the websites that is most in tune with the stories of the many larger-than-life badasses in fiction, created a sort of awesomeness singularity centering around my computer. The resulting explosion (in addition to being totally sweet) fused the essence of every fictional badass ever devised with my own geeky self.

I became the physical embodiment of everything badass. I instantly became faster and stronger than ever before. My mind was filled, Neo-style, with intimate knowledge of thirty different martial arts, as well as an inventiveness like that of MacGyver and Batman. On top of all that, my personality became snarky and devil-may-care, and I attained the uncanny ability to have an infinitely quotable, timelessly goofy phrase for any given occasion.

I became... BADASSMAN!

That was much longer than I thought it would be.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
By knowing one of the impossible-to-know secrets of the universe. So the universe had two options: Throw me out of all reality, or to let me use my insight to understand and therefore CONTROL my surrounding.

So far i haven't pissed the universe off that much *g*.

Stephen Wo

Mar 16, 2011
A dying posthuman from the planet Enoch III bestowed me with the Oni Mask, which lets me shoot pure-light projections embedded with genetic code at people... In the form of a scary, glowing demon face that comes out of the scary, glowing demon face on my normal, non-glowing human face.

jamesbrown

Apr 18, 2011
I sat in a box with uranium and a cat, thus I had every single superpower until someone looked inside the box and then the probability of me having every superpower broke down until I had one superpower.

SCIENCE!

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked me and I somehow miraculously survived, this was unplanned and some of the awesomeness of Chuck Norris transferred to me as I was stricken down. I then recovered due to my new-found powers and managed to weaken Chuck and give myself enough time to escape, I went into hiding and I now emerge as...erm...

"awesome spectacular winning...cool dude man"

SixWingedAsura

Sep 27, 2010
The source of my powers are cheat codes.

And now for my transformation sequence! "UP UP! DOWN DOWN! LEFT RIGHT! LEFT RIGHT! B! A! STAAARRRRTTTTT!!!"

*Transforms into...a slightly less-out of shape gamer* :D

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Well, my superpowers are derived from the energy crystal in my chest, which fell from space, through my roof and stabbed into my chest whilst I slept. Instead of killing my, like a foot of meteorite usually does when it caves in someones chest, I was granted with super-strength and the ability to control water.

So yeh, I'm essentially a water-bending hulk.

Ironsouled

Nov 5, 2009
I got dumped into a vat of ID-10-TEE and now have the amazing ability to invoke the power of Murphy's Law simply by existing.

Also: Keep everything you want sane, unbroken, or depending on the circumstances, unraped well away from me.

Son of a Mitch

Aug 7, 2011
So this one day, I was bitten by this vampire cyborg were-pony while fighting Mecha-Hitler on a rickety old bridge over a volcano doom fortress. Now I can shoot orbital rainbow happiness beams out of my ears.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Chuck Norris named me his successor after a long and gruelling trial.

Nov 28, 2010
Sammisaurus said:
I'm vegan.
I see what you did there...And I like it.

Professor Idle said:
It was a gift I found in my box of cereal.

BEHOLD CRUNCHY NUT CLUSTER MAN
You're Rob Brydon?!

Anyway, OT: Boredom. Led to experiments. Unwilling to perform potentially dangerous processes on other beings, used self as test subject. Now think in binary, find machines as natural and organic as human beings. Instantaneous thought and reaction has its uses.