What is the story behind you Username?

kjpmkjp

Apr 16, 2009
It's an acronym that my family came up with to use for our first email address, and it's kind of stuck (partially due to laziness, partially due to always knowing I'll be able to use this as my username on nearly any site). It's just our given names, followed by our surname at the end. The reason it seems so repetitive lies in the fact that I'm named after my Father.

Trigger Happy

Nov 14, 2009
It's been my steam name for... well, since I was that annoying 12 year old. I picked it because I sucked at making up names so instead I decided to base it on my play style. I could, and still can empty a gun before most people can finish loading one.

Indignation837

Apr 11, 2010
Tales of Symphonia is my favorite game ever. Indignation is my favorite spell from Tales of Symphonia. Not exactly complicated. The 837 is actually the number I had to put at the end of my very first email address (I don't even remember what it was), but I decided at the time that I would keep using that number in any user name I had to put a number in to keep things consistent and easy to remember.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
It was originally a nickname that a bunch of students gave to my father, who taught at the local highschool. Once they met me and realized I was his son, the name got passed on to me as well. Once those students died it kind of died off, but I've used it for basically every username I've ever had to make.

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
I didn't want to be mike #45,678 but my real name IS mike and I wanted something that kind of represented my current ideaology which is predeterministic (basically a bioelectric program) and a 7 is in every part of my birthdate. Add all that to being a huge fan on Tron and it equalled mikev7.0

UnTedOne

Apr 13, 2010
It came to be due to a pun me and my friend made on the term "Night of the Living Dead" which changed to "Night of the Living Ted" which then turned undead into UnTed. I added the One to conform to username length requirements for some site.

Thimblefoot

May 10, 2009
Playing Starcraft 2 with my friend, we were quoting the Terran units sayings, and for some reason we found the Firebat's "Need A light?" was very funny, so we kept changing it to things like "Need 1000 lights?" and whatnot, before I said "Need several lights?". We lauhed ourselves silly that day, and I have no idea why.

Edited for being a 'tard and forgetting my own damn uername on this site. Thimblefoot...I have no idea how I came up with that, must have just took two words that have no relation and shoved them together for teh lulz.

guru7892

Aug 30, 2009
I needed an email account, and this was not taken.

I chose guru because some people tell me I'm smart but thats a misnomer. I like to think of my self as analytical, observant, hard working and witty. Everyone knows I'm bad at math, but I'm persistent at math.

I've kept the screen name because its easy to type quickly, can be shortened to 'guru' And it is rarely taken.

Some of my friends recently have been jokingly critical of my name for including numbers, in that case I'm changing my steam name to my real name.

nondescript

Oct 2, 2009
When I made my account here, the default image was a faceless person wearing an Escapist hat. Nondescript guy.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Came across this type of question a while back, so I'm just going to copy paste my answer from that.

Verbose rant ahead: My username is a bit of misnomer. An ostrich is a creature known to be incredibly thick, so I'm not indicating the creature itself is omniscient but rather implying encompassing onlookers have erroneously labelled it as such (let?s say ostriches can talk for the sake of this rant). It's a jab at those who see profundity in simplistic, vague or otherwise arbitrary writing/logic. I kind of developed this attitude while studying English at school, especially when looking at poetry where every word would have to be meticulously analysed for some kind of deeper meaning. It wasn't that I felt the authors were inarticulate (not all of them anyway), but I just felt things were getting a bit ridiculous when we were looking at the significance of words that were clearly only used as connectives. I'm also rather fond of alliteration.

Nexoram

Aug 6, 2010
This is a funny one. I will tell you that when I was younger like 7-10 I was already a budding gamer but I couldn't always remember my username so I just put a random word after the name of the game or company.
Try to guess where "Nexo" came from (it's not the entire name)
Time's up, it's Nexon and the games I were playing were Combat Arms and Maplestory. I added ram on a 5 seconds of thinking time and it's stuck. However, recently one of my newer aliases is S1lenC3R so I can pretend to be leet.

codebulder

Apr 28, 2010
I used to play an MMO called the matrix online and i wanted to play as a coder (i later went trauma surgeon for those of u who played) So i tried codebuilder but it was taken so i dropped the "i" and made it codebulder. So now it sticks for all time.

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
The 'captain' part came from a very bizarre conversation I once had with a friend many years ago. I was dubbed 'Captain of the Chains', and she 'Queen of the Whips' (and to this day, we still have no idea why).

The 'Maku' part stems from the Native American word 'Makuya' which means 'wolf' (at least in it's most basic form).

I haven't used Maku in a while now, though. I usually go by captainwolfos.

Jopoho

Nov 17, 2009
I thought of it while entering a high score on to Super Monkey Ball. I have been using it ever since.