What is the worst entry of your favorite game series?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

It wasn't a bad game (miles from it), but after the first it didn't change anything apart from add 2 moves which you never used. Plus, they used a different voice actor for Lambert, which I can't forgive them for.

Chaos Theory should have been the second (fantastic game), a true follow up to the first (also a fantastic game).

I don't say Double Agent (although I assume many would), because it was a true sequel. New features, an improved engine, evolved gameplay, etc. They may not have hit the nail on the head, but if there hadn't of been Double Agent I think we would of gotten bored after 3 games in the dark.

Conviction is set to be another (and seemingly more refind) version - you're back in the dark (from what I can tell) but you're more on the offensive. And I can't wait to see Fisher's character develop further. DA never hit the personal spot that Chaos Theory did with Doug Shetland.

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
Shadow Hearts From The New World, a fetid pile of colour on a beautifully dark game! Who knew that Shadow Hearts needed Yuri Hyuga? ;-)

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Jak 2, just wasn't epic enough, thankfully they fixed that in the third.

Finbark said:
Jak and Daxter is my favorite series. I've been pumped ever since The Lost Frontier was leaked a couple years ago. I played the demo recently and... Blegh. That's all I can say. It just doesn't play, sound, look, or feel like a Jak and Daxter game(and not in a good way). I was terribly disappointed after I played the demo.
That doesn't really count, it's not really a Jak game, it wasn't made by Naughty Dog.

shadowgooey

Nov 8, 2009
i think mine would have to be super paper mario. In paper mario and the thousand year door, u had alot of customization, and were very interactive in turn based combat, it was quite fun, and just gave me a diffrent outlook on turn based combat, not to mention the badge system was amazing, and in super paper mario, they took it all away! every lvl up you got in it, was set in stone! NO customization, just a lvl up, with your usual increase in stats

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
grimsprice said:
Final Fantasy Tactics series. Well, kindof a series. But A2 Grimoire of the rift was a piece of shit wrapped in a brick of fail.
True. But the soundtrack was fantastic. Don't diss the Sakimoto!

For my, fav series I guess is Silent Hill. Worst entry? I really regret saying there's too many to choose from. I try to blank out any after the 3rd even exist.

Tenchu 2 from the Tenchu series. When the hell have ninjas stealthed during the day? And how did they manage to make the graphics look worse? Oh, also, the PSP Tenchu was terrible as well. it would help if the camera let me see what was in front of me. It helps when you're trying to assassinate someone.

badgersprite said:
FFXII...I think the clincher that makes it the worst for me though is that all the characters (except perhaps Balthier) were ill-defined and completely unlikable. It just felt like a bunch of random, faceless people had randomly shown up to go on an animal-clubbing safari...
OK, I get what you're trying to say. Let me just write this down...

*Didn't shoehorn in some soppy love story into the plot*

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
Well I haven't played a bad Shin Megami Tensei or Tales of game and Blazblue only has one entry so far so I'll move a bit down the list.

I'm gonna say Final Fantasy XII. Hated the characters (especially Vaan) and the battle system was meh at best. I'm really hoping Final Fantasy XIII will be better.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Dunno. Valve did just right up to this point,and they're my only definite favourites. Only one i can think of is Ratchet: Gladiator (or Deadlocked for all those living in US of A). I'm in love with the verse/setting/whatever you call it,and that installment was 1) a TPS,not platformer and 2) tried out grim and dark edginess as it's mood. From what i know,it kinda sucked. Good thing it was such an obvious blunder,then.

Come to think of it,i was never into franchises. Only series i like is Half-Life,Ratchet & Clank. That's it. All other my games are either in wait for a sequel or won't get one at all.

Milkatron

Jul 18, 2008
Final Fantasy II and Adventure of Link. Apparently my favorite game series's can't make second games. Which is fine, because the rest of the games are great, with some exceptions (I'm looking at you FFXII and Phantom Hourglass).

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Command & Conquer Generals

It was still a decent enough RTS, but a weak addition to a superb series. I just felt it lacked the charm of any of the games set in the Tiberium or Red Alert universes and it changed too many things that made C&C what it was. (No overly hammy FMVs, dozers instead of construction yards, etc)

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Nearly all of the survivor games from the resident evil series. Except for dead aim, that one was ok.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
BlueMartian said:
Wind Waker

Anime faggots loved it, true zelda fans vomited then bought a PS2
Really? Because I'm both of those things (other than that '******' bit), and I enjoyed it immensely.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is the bastard child of the series of perfect games. its still great, really great, but it isnt within miles of 3 and 4.

RyanRohypnol

Oct 5, 2009
Prince of Persia 4, was to repetitive for my liking compared to the others, just didn't have the same feel as to the first 3.