What is the worst entry of your favorite game series?

Textbook Bobcat

Sep 9, 2009
Final Fantasy 7.

Not the actual game itself, but because of the mindless hordes that saw it as God's Magnum Opus - and by extension the hysteria surrounding something that was for all intents and purposes cookie cutter drama.

Chrono180

Dec 8, 2007
The first rock band was not as good as 2, lego, or Beatles. The primary reason is that there is no solo world tour, so without anyone to play with I was unable to access a lot of the gameplay. Oh, and the cover of Paranoid was TERRIBLE.

On the Guitar hero front, I would say world tour, with it's abominable vocals system.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
Half-Life: Episode One, <<< Why did we pay for this?
Darn...I was hoping to be the first.

Anyway, Episode 1 wasn't bad...it was just worse than everything else Half-Life.

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
My least favorite game had the best gameplay in the series...
but the story in Ace Combat 6 was just so awful. It literally had nothing to do with you, at all, until the last mission.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
My favorite game series is Armored Core, and it doesn't have a single weak spot in it's lineup whatsoever.....

....well, okay. Maybe Armored Core: Nine Breaker was a real weak spot. I mean it lacked a story and was nothing but a big arena and training missions. But it did have a female Nine Breaker and an updated version of Nine Ball, so it got points there. But still, comparitively, it was the weakest in the franchise.

jak1165

Jul 16, 2009
Horny Ico said:
C117 said:
... Super Mario Bros. 3.

You think I'm f*ckin' kidding, but I'm not.
From what the AVGN has shown me, both through The Wizard and his own review, it has to be the best 2D game OF ALL TIME. I call troll unless you actually provide some reasoning.
Totally this.

*Readies torch and pitchfork*

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Horny Ico said:
C117 said:
... Super Mario Bros. 3.

You think I'm f*ckin' kidding, but I'm not.
From what the AVGN has shown me, both through The Wizard and his own review, it has to be the best 2D game OF ALL TIME. I call troll unless you actually provide some reasoning.
Well, excuuuuuse ME if I haven't got the same taste as everybody else! I think it has a bit to many power-ups, the graphics ain't that appealing and I'd prefer if I could have my own opinion on things, thank you.

That being said, Super Mario Bros. 3 is by no means BAD, I just don't think it is as good as the other Mario games (spin-offs like Mario Party doesn't count).

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
DrDeath3191 said:
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass gets my vote. Don't get me wrong, the game is still great fun. But having to return to the same dungeon over and over again wasn't very fun.
That's close to mine, but I'd say Wind Waker. It's the only Zelda game I didn't like.

Dimbo_Sama

Mar 20, 2009
Either Little Big Adventure 2, which isn't fair, because they're both amazing... it's a bad example... umm...

... Final Fantasy XII... what the fuck Square? What the fuck?

and where do we start with Sonic the Hedgehog? ...... everything after Adventure 2

IgnusIudicium

Nov 9, 2009
To be cocky and obscure, I'll say Exile 2, because it just wasn't good. The first one had the ideas, the third one had the niceness, and Blades was just brilliant.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Zelda:phantom Hourglass. Going to and from the same starting dungeon over and over was a stupid idea

Jamienra

Nov 7, 2009
final fantasy XII for changing the bests series ever into a pile of crap.
-Characters were bland
-New way of fighting messed up the leveling system
-nobody cared for the story
-all the "epic" left

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Aardvark Soup said:

The horror!
That has no involvement from Kojima which means it doesn't count as part of the series. Same as the NES port of MG1, MGS Ghost Babel, MG Ac!d series, and the upcoming Rising.

It's all fine ^-^

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
badgersprite said:
FFXII. I honestly have no idea how it got the great scores everyone handed out to it. I presume that was because they only played and scored it before the official release, and hence weren't playing it long enough to notice all the things that were horribly tedious and annoying about it. Then again, maybe it just seemed great to them because they'd never played another Final Fantasy.

I think the clincher that makes it the worst for me though is that all the characters (except perhaps Balthier) were ill-defined and completely unlikable. It just felt like a bunch of random, faceless people had randomly shown up to go on an animal-clubbing safari. For a franchise that relies almost wholly on epic storytelling, this is a fatal flaw. And I'm one of those over-analytical artsy dorks who, through rose-tinted hippie glasses, sees symbolism, subconscious psychological motives and deeper meaning in everything, so you know a story isn't being particularly well told when someone like me doesn't care enough to follow what the hell is going on.
Expanding on this, any final fantasy game that isn't final fantasy IV -> X.