What is the WORST GAME you have played on a next gen console?

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Warhammer Mark of Chaos. By the gods it is dull and the terrain looks horrid. The gameplay is terrible too. It lacks the tactics of Dawn of War and Company of Heroes.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
X360: Halo 3. i paid 60 bucks so that bungie could paint a new number on top of my Halo 2 loading screen and that's about it. Two weeks later i sold the entire console for a new(at that time) 2.66ghz dual core processer for my pc.

PS3: LBP. It's a purely 2d platformer with argueably a very basic level editor, something the pc already had when the ps1 came out. Played it at a friend's place for 20 minutes, unpacked my laptop and we all spent the afternoon playing TF2.

Wii: Anything that tries to cram in it's crappy motion sensing system where it's highly inappropriete. Or anything that requires one of those outageously priced attachments for even the most mundane functions. Yes wiifit i mean you with your A and B buttons mapped to that $70 doormat. However, thanks to nintendo's inability to produce these in a reasonable number, i managed to sell it for a GeForce 8800GTS.

PC: Any crappy port based on the assumption that the quality standards of $60 are the same as those on a free frash game on miniclip.com or something to that effect. And Capcom's downgraded port of RE4 was a plain insult.

rabidrabbit

Sep 21, 2008
The worst game I've played on my 360 was Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. I was seriously done with that game in about 30 minutes and have never picked it up again, I still give my brother sh** about actually buying the damn thing.

-bladerunner-

Dec 22, 2008
I agree with inter gal, I have played red steel, DO NOT touch it it is truly one of the worst games I have ever played in my life!

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
NFS Pro-street. It takes everything that's bad with games like Gran Turismo and combines it with stuff that was good in other Need for Speeds, but makes them crap.

Cyclomega

Jul 28, 2008
For what I have played, three games in particular rank higher than possible on my "WTF is this shit !?" list :

Nightcaster on the original Xbox (I can't just quote one specific thing since the gameplay was THAT shitty and the camera that broken, or then maybe one : WHY IS MY CHARACTER LOOKING LIKE A 40yo OIRISH VILLAGE DRUNKARD AT 16 !?)

Pariah on the same console (just... everything at once)

Haze on PS3 (juste the demo was enough to make me cringe and wish I could join the KKK and become the leader, so I could add the British to the list they hate)

I could have added Deus Ex Invisible War and Thief Deadly Shadows, butthey're just not to my taste, not objective bullshit on a toast.

I have been more than picky when I pay for games, so there are no real disappointments in my X360 list, except maybe The Club, but I'm still having fun when I play it, Ninja Gaiden 2 was kinda letdown as well, but not enough to bring me to RAGE).

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
jboking said:
Xvito said:
intergral said:
Next gen could include Xbox360, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, or PSP.

I think the worse game I've played on a NGEN console is Red Steel for the Wii. Ugh... it sucked! :(
Next-Gen? I thought that the Ps3, X360 and Wii were the current-gen.
Oh well, the worst game I've played this gen is probably Uncharted. It is teh baaad! Give me Jak 4.
I've heard that uncharted was bad from plenty of people, but never why. please enlighten.

I will agree though, the really need to make/finish Jak 4.
Well... all the puzzles are the same, the hand-to-hand combat is clunky, the gunfights are boring and also alike, the platforming is unintuitive and frustrating, the enemies are all the same and the game is littered with bugs(not minor ones either) the first our I played the game I encountered several major issues, freezing, falling through the ground etc. etc.
The only good thing about the game is the graphics.
PS. The story and characters are a joke.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
Saints Row, lets give the player the freedom to have fun but what if they don't know what fun is? Then we will give them minigames where they repeat the exact same thing over and over for cash; but what if they gasp, get bored of the games and want to play the story? Then we will force them to play the games or the story won't progress which will hide how short and buggy the game is.

Rahnzan

Oct 13, 2008
Lost Odyssey - It didn't immediately strike me as the same old crap we've been getting from Square-Enix and for a while I was geniunely enjoying the game. Then the gameplay sorta broke for me around Disc 2 through min/maxing and I'd kinda just played through the game too..was barely trying to min/max at all. The bosses were cool and unique, I liked the ships. All in all though it had a flawed morality lesson that I thought was utter crap. I was fed a decently enjoyable meal then I got food poisoning from it around disc 4. Bleh. I would not play that game again.

Lost Planet - The plot is backwards. You want to stop a group of people you worked for from doing something you want them to do. Then at the end there's some wierd mecha battle that's incredibly out of place (though fun). The gameplay was boring. You walked too slow, the controls had that muddy feeling that a lot of other games seem to have (Army of Two, Frontlines Fuel of War) and the weapons variety was pointless aside from being incredibly basic. You have a machine gun, a shotgun, a bazooka, a sniper rifle, an energy weapo- you get the idea. They didn't even really do much. Half of the mechs in the game where useless, just find the really fast one or the really big one, put two machine guns on it and go to town, you risk sucking-out-loud if you put any other weapons on the robots.

Final Fantasy 12 - You ....it....just. Yeah I still can't cobble together a string of words that justifies how bored I was with this game. Strange (in a bad way) controls, entirely unlikeable characters - AGAIN (how many god damn times do I have to play a reject from N'sync? HOW MANY I ASK YOU?!) "I want to be a pirate!" *Crash* "Hey I heard you wanna be a pirate." "Why yes I do!" "Ok welcome aboard!" "Awesome, what do we do for the rest of the discs?" "Um.." The main quest feels like a giant sidequest and the sidequests all seem like the main quest. You're just some shmuck who's there because he is.

Sonic: Return of the dead franchise. Honestly, pick a Sonic game that was featured on a next-gen, it doesn't matter, they stopped making good games after the cartridge era. Just close your eyes and imagine all the reasons you yourself won't pick it up and play and you pretty much know why I don't want to subject myself to that kind of torture twice in a row knowingly.

Project Sylpheed - Visual Cluster-F***, the single most cliche story of all time. No, you're saying to yourself, 'oh heh, he's just adding emphasis.' Wrong, as fighter pilot games go, it is literally the single most cliche story of all time. Also as a bonus: Here's how you beat the game. Step one; hold down accelerate, step two; hold down primary weapon fire button, wait for lock on, let go of button to fire. Turn around and repeat until everything is dead. I ..I just can't get into how cliche the story was. Best friend turned enemy turned friend, death star, black father figure who hands over leadership of the squad, worried love interest who repremands you for doing anything more hardcore than breathing in a FRIGGEN MILITARY UNIT. And to top it all off, Japan throws at us that stupid trite and boring feminine hero archetype again. Why won't they stop? No one want's to be a p***y, not even in Japan, so why does this archetype persistantly hold dominance in the Japanese video gaming market? I was embarrassed to play this game. They even have the squeeky underaged technicians in the control room of the carrier you live in. Holy mother of Cthulhu this game was bad.

Army of Two - Had the good luck to play on a friend of a friend's account. I could not feel any differences between fully upgraded weapons and stock weapons. The weapons were also poorly designed. You've got a machine gun that takes 20 hits to kill someone but it fires with recoil at 20 yards you'd expect from a shotgun spread. I was playing with a fully upgraded LMG ....THING on normal difficulty, first level, and I wasn't getting anywhere. SCREW that game.

TimeShift - I was unaware that the steampunk setting was a trademark selling point of this game, mostly because I didn't know there was steampunk in it until I saw blimps. I blame the fact that all the weapons were out of place with the setting, these were devices our modern military would kill to possess (ok not really, you gotta empty a full clip into someone to kill a guy). Bad graphics, pushed story, lame ending (lame lame lame lame lame, pop three glowing parts on a fortress walking around a mile away and you're done), easy as hell puzzles if you could even call them that. Ammo friggen everywhere. About the only thing that didn't bother me in this game were the incredibly easy gunfights, even with those big juggernaut things at the end. Freeze time, take their gun, shoot them in the head with it. It was enjoyable on a sadistic-gamer level. This is however another game I simply would not play though twice.

Wow come to think of it, most of the games they've pushed out haven't been that great have they? It'd be shorter to list the ones that didn't outright suck. Cod4, Armored Core 4, I'm sure Resident Evil 5 is going to be as much fun as I had with 4, Rockband 1 and 2...yeah, I think I'm done adding to this list.

ellie91

Mar 7, 2008
i actually quite liked red steel.
i absolutley hated the mario strikers game for the wii and mario kart wii they really suck

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Xvito said:
jboking said:
Xvito said:
intergral said:

I think the worse game I've played on a NGEN console is Red Steel for the Wii. Ugh... it sucked! :(
Oh well, the worst game I've played this gen is probably Uncharted. It is teh baaad! Give me Jak 4.
I've heard that uncharted was bad from plenty of people, but never why. please enlighten.

I will agree though, the really need to make/finish Jak 4.
Well... all the puzzles are the same, the hand-to-hand combat is clunky, the gunfights are boring and also alike, the platforming is unintuitive and frustrating, the enemies are all the same and the game is littered with bugs(not minor ones either) the first our I played the game I encountered several major issues, freezing, falling through the ground etc. etc.
The only good thing about the game is the graphics.
PS. The story and characters are a joke.
Do to the fact that most of that is oppinion all I can really do is say, not in my oppinion. I will say that i found a few of the gun fights fun and challenging. As for bugs, I played the game 5 times and platinum trophied it and never encountered a single one. I'm sorry you were incredibly unlucky, but I've never encounterd a single bug on that game and I played on 3 different disks (renting, i was short on money at the time).

swampboy32904

Nov 18, 2008
kanada514 said:
Xvito said:
intergral said:

Lol.... was that sarcastic?
They are definitely next gen because they have not come out yet. I can't wait for them to come though out because I am bored playing with my current gen PS2.